Pikes Place Market

We will be in Seattle pre cruise on the NCL Encore next week.  How early does the Pikes Market open to visit/ poke around?  We will be on EST so I'm assuming we will be awake REALLY early, and will be looking to get out and about to see the sites.  Would walking around at 5 am be advisable?

Thank you.

Most of the market doesn’t start opening until 9am-10am although you’ll see some of the vendors setting up prior to that. The earlier the better as the market is packed by 11am during the summer cruise season although 5am is just too early.  A better walk that early in the morning would be to head to the waterfront and take a stroll.  The area from Pier 70/Olympic Sculpture Park north is very nice and there are many early morning walkers there.

• Like 1

First, it's the Pike Place market, not "Pike's."  Second, no, 5 AM is too early.  I believe Lowell's - Lowell's Restaurant Seattle | Almost Classy Since 1957 (eatatlowells.com) - is the earliest restaurant to open at 8 AM, although the "original" Starbucks (it isn't really) opens for carryout at 6:30.  La Panier, a very good bakery, opens at 7, but I'm not sure if their indoor seating is available (it's very limited anyway) but that might be a good option.  And there might be some other places open before 8 that I can't think of, but those would be the leaders.   Note it's still pretty dark at 5 AM hereabouts.  Where are you staying?

If it was me I'd head to Lowell's when it opens, get a table with a water view, and have breakfast, then walk around the market afterward.  

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 12:28 PM, Gardyloo said:

First, it's the Pike Place market, not "Pike's."  Second, no, 5 AM is too early.  I believe Lowell's - Lowell's Restaurant Seattle | Almost Classy Since 1957 (eatatlowells.com) - is the earliest restaurant to open at 8 AM, although the "original" Starbucks (it isn't really) opens for carryout at 6:30.  La Panier, a very good bakery, opens at 7, but I'm not sure if their indoor seating is available (it's very limited anyway) but that might be a good option.  And there might be some other places open before 8 that I can't think of, but those would be the leaders.   Note it's still pretty dark at 5 AM hereabouts.  Where are you staying?

If it was me I'd head to Lowell's when it opens, get a table with a water view, and have breakfast, then walk around the market afterward.  

Thank you for the name clarification and the suggestions.  We are staying at the Hyatt on Howell St.

On 7/29/2021 at 3:33 PM, 1025cruise said:

Not sure when you are getting to Seattle, but when I was up at the crack of dawn, we had an early breakfast and went to the Space Needle early. Hardly any line. We perused the market the evening before.

We arrive at noon next Thursday and have until Saturday morning when we board the ship.  We definitely want to check out the Space Needle and also the Underground tour. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 9:28 AM, Gardyloo said:

I really agree with the Lowell's suggestion; I did that the last time I was there on a fun trip (as opposed to work). I do think a lot of coffee shops will be open by 7 or 7:30 and you might be able to ask at the hotel or use Google Maps to see what's open. A lot of opening hours downtown seem different since Covid.