Iona shakedown cruise Monday 2nd August

bobstheboy

56 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

I hope those prom. deck cabins are considerably cheaper due to their location. That is just awful!

Reminds me of the scene in Summer Rental (should start at 0:48)

Does not seem to be Iona, or any other cruise ship, or am I missing something?

Edited by tring
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Balernocalling said:

We have booked a week in May 7th- 14th just to see what she is like. We have also booked the Maiden on Arvia in the suite we should have had for the original Iona Maiden. Look forward to hearing what you think of her. Hope you are both keeping well. Stay safe.

Sorry that’s March 2023. 🙂 we will look to you.

4 hours ago, amajaa said:

Many thanks, so there are quite a few other included eating places as well are there? There seemed to be loads listed, they can’t all be ‘pay extra’ surely.

The extra-charge eateries are:

The Olive Grove, The Keel & Cow, The Epicurean, Sindhu, The Glass House, The Beach House, The Limelight Club, Ripples Gelateria and Sundaes Ice Cream bar

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Britboys said:

The extra-charge eateries are:

The Olive Grove, The Keel & Cow, The Epicurean, Sindhu, The Glass House, The Beach House, The Limelight Club, Ripples Gelateria and Sundaes Ice Cream bar

I had read that the Olive Grove is included however, some dishes require a supplement. 

6BF90FDB-1A02-4415-92D0-82E55DA76719.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luke1066 said:

I had read that the Olive Grove is included however, some dishes require a supplement. 

6BF90FDB-1A02-4415-92D0-82E55DA76719.png

Thanks for that. In the brochure I have, The Quays is listed as"Included in your holiday", whereas The Olive Grove is listed as"For a little extra". That's why I assumed there is a cover charge, like the Beach House.

21 hours ago, tring said:

Does not seem to be Iona, or any other cruise ship, or am I missing something?

That clip is from a Jon Candy film Summer Rental (1985).

People walking by their window as the public access is right next to their rental house.

The prom. deck cabins seem to have the same issue.

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 12:20 PM, purplesea said:

Thanks for posting. 

I didn't like the idea of a conservatory cabin on the prom deck, but having now seen them I certainly won't be booking one.

I can't wait to get on board, we were supposed to be on her in July 2020 and again this month, but both were cancelled. Waiting now for January 2022. 

Here’s a cabin tour of forward facing deluxe balcony cabin that I’ve found on YouTube. It’s the same one I posted the link to photos of.

It looks very nice 😊

• Like 5

11 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry I don’t know why that posted as a reply to purplesea?!

Not to worry. It is nice to see different cabins in various locations.

We are booked into 12524 and Mum is next door to us in 12526, (GA grade) with an interconnecting door so will save me going out into the corridor to knock and waiting  for her to let me in!

• Like 1

When we initially booked to sail on Iona in June 2020, me and my parents booked standard balcony cabins (2 between us!) and they like their beds set up as twins, so looking at the photos of the space between the bed and wardrobe I assume it would be even tighter once the beds are in a twin configuration 🥴 We have since opted for deluxe balcony in 2022