Sept 11 summit

minniegidget

If my cruise starts on Sept 11 2021 and I need a negative Covid test 72 hours before my cruise when do I need to take the test. We plan on flying into Florida on Sept 9th at 830am and we don’t get to Florida till 530pm.  
When should I take the test? 

The requirement for testing is only for cruises up to September 6 per the current information on Celebrity site.   For cruises  9/6 and before the requirement is stated that it has to be done 72 hours prior to embarkation.    Since your cruise is 9/11 there is currently not a requirement to be tested in advance. 

If they update the requirement to include your cruise

Since you are 3 hours ahead of FLL I would say -   If embarkation is considered time of check in time of 1:00    you would want to be tested on or after 10:00 AM (local Arizona) on  September 8

If you want to be conservative and use Departure time of 6PM you would want to be tested prior to 3:00 PM on September 8

We believe that you can be tested any time between the afternoon of September 8 and the morning of September 11.

From noon on September 8 to noon on September 11 is 72 hours (three full days).

Have a pleasant and safe journey.

I have attached a screen shot taken from the Celebrity UK web site, due to the 72 hour confusion.

Some Celebrity sources said 72 hours before boarding and others said 72 hours before sailing.

Hope this helps.

58BC50DA-B5F0-42AF-B939-A0321E0F86C5.png