First time on Reflection

travellingscouse

Hi, hopefully on the Reflection (first time on Celebrity) in June next year. Looking at the veranda cabins that are available a lot seem to be with connecting rooms - are these totally secure, as never stayed in one on any crusie before? Also any info on the Sunset cabins, are they worth the small upgrade? Thanks Rob

Secure? Secure in which way? 
if you worry about the connecting door… it locks both ways.

if sunset staterooms are worth it depends on your preference alone.

I don’t need a larger balcony and prefer seeing where we go instead of looking aft. Other people love it.

• Thanks 1

There is no door between rooms like in a hotel. The connection is created in the hall. the doors are inset so if you are sharing an outer door ( not used if not sharing) is used . This creates a porch and the people sharing can then keep inner doors open if desired.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes it is hard to understand the connecting door concept and design until you see it.  I don't recall the ship, but here are two photos I saw previously when this was being explained.  In the first photo the wood look doors are when the cabins are set up as connecting, in the second photo the white doors are when they do not connect.  In the second photo you can see the wood doors are locked open against the wall.  When they are closed to the corridor for connecting rooms they create a vestibule or "porch" as gold1953 has indicated.  This is the set up on S Class ships, although I believe there may be an exception or two however I don't recall the ship where this is not the case.

S Class Connecting Closed.jpg

S Class Connecting Open.jpg

Edited by garyl62
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our first time on Reflection was a transatlantic out of Miami a few years ago. Had a wonderful balcony cabin on deck 10 as I remember. I can't think of a single negative comment about the ship. You'll love it. Especially the lawn deck aft. Great place to hang out in the morning. Also loved playing some of the games on the grass in the afternoon. Again, fantastic ship....Best of Luck !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

I think  1 of the S Class ships has connecting doors inside the cabins and I thought it was the Reflection.

You are correct. Reflection connecting doors are inside the cabins same as hotel connecting rooms. 

Funny story about these cabins. During our last Equinox cruise we had an S2 cabin next to the S1 corner cabin. During the first 2-3 days the outer doors were open and I never even noticed them. Then one evening when going back to our cabin for the day the big doors were closed. Since we never noticed them in the first place we thought at first that we were on the wrong deck or something (no we had not been drinking LOL). With those door closed there are no signs saying that there are cabins (2) behind them (they need to be marked). After deciding that we were not that crazy I took a longer look at the doors and then tried to open them. Yes, we then found out that our cabin was behind that set of doors. It was only later that I figured out that they where there to provide semi-connected cabins, but had no idea why they had been closed for that one night. One great thing of being located all the way aft, there is near zero foot traffic back there so hall noise is nada. 

Our next cruise, with luck, is on the Reflection in the middle of January and we have one of those S1 corner aft cabins. We booked this cabin at least a year ago and are really hoping that this cruise goes as planned.

• Thanks 1