Live Horizon/Mardi Gras B2B 8/1-8/7and 8/7-814

jimbo5544

During breakfast we sat nwxt to a family of 4 with 2 small kids, maybe 3 and 5.  I asked thr kids if they were having fun and got into a conversation with parents.  During that I asked them when they heard about the approval on the kids (being unvaxed). They told me they got the email Thursday night.  I then congratulated them and asked them if they were local.  They said they flew in from Ca on Thursday.   They told me they were coming anyway and would have gone to Disney if it fell thru.  Very interesting

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

During breakfast we sat nwxt to a family of 4 with 2 small kids, maybe 3 and 5.  I asked thr kids if they were having fun and got into a conversation with parents.  During that I asked them when they heard about the approval on the kids (being unvaxed). They told me they got the email Thursday night.  I then congratulated them and asked them if they were local.  They said they flew in from Ca on Thursday.   They told me they were coming anyway and would have gone to Disney if it fell thru.  Very interesting

Wow - talk about last minute notice. This would be enough to convince me not to sail with this procedure if I had kids under 12. Good on them that they were willing to be flexible, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Wow - talk about last minute notice. This would be enough to convince me not to sail with this procedure if I had kids under 12. Good on them that they were willing to be flexible, though.

We met another family that had three twen and two small ones they left home with relatives because they dis not get the exception.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Please post a pic of the dive-in movie setting if you get a chance.  That would probably be the only time I chance going near the lido pool if it’s manageable.

Will try

1 hour ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Please post a pic of the dive-in movie setting if you get a chance.  That would probably be the only time I chance going near the lido pool if it’s manageable.

It’s massive!! Check out ParoDeeJay on YouTube. They have tons of live video of it as well as vlogs. Super duper huge! 

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

We have some friends on the Mardi Gras. They have 4 kids and together with a total of 14 people with 6 kids that didn't get their last exemption until Thursday. They are Jonathon and Shawna. If you see them, Shawna is a red-head, tell them Chris and Laura said hi. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

We have some friends on the Mardi Gras. They have 4 kids and together with a total of 14 people with 6 kids that didn't get their last exemption until Thursday. They are Jonathon and Shawna. If you see them, Shawna is a red-head, tell them Chris and Laura said hi. 

Unless your friends are doing a B2B, Jimbo will not see them.  He is currently on the Horizon and they are on the MG.  If by some chance they were doing a B2B, what are the odds of seeing a particular redhead next week amongst 4000 people?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, heffy2 said:

Woohoo!! I've been away from CC for quite awhile, nothing like a Jimbo live review! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us.

Thanks for the kind words.  My pleasure doing it.  

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Unless your friends are doing a B2B, Jimbo will not see them.  He is currently on the Horizon and they are on the MG.  If by some chance they were doing a B2B, what are the odds of seeing a particular redhead next week amongst 4000 people?

All true.  Strangely at thr Diamond event we met someone who was doing the same b2b we are.   Wish we had hooked on on the FB group, we could have split a car rental on Saturday.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Ah, thanks, I thought Jimbo was on the Mardi Gras now. I don't know the odds but people with children are 5% or less so the odds of noticing a redhead with 4-6 kids under 12 are pretty decent I am thinking.

Talked to our room steward this evening.  I was curious on her take on things.  Two quick mentions here.  . First was happy to have a job.  She was first assigned to Liberty then Freedom before coming on board here last week.  The second was that she had 34 cabins to aerviceans a helper for 1/2 an hour in the morning and again in the evening.  

ECBDD2B4-07F0-45DB-82C3-7068A22403B4.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

Ah, thanks, I thought Jimbo was on the Mardi Gras now. I don't know the odds but people with children are 5% or less so the odds of noticing a redhead with 4-6 kids under 12 are pretty decent I am thinking.

No worries, thanks for following along.  You are correct the redhead might have made the difference.   😉

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Talked to our room steward this evening.  I was curious on her take on things.  Two quick mentions here.  . First was happy to have a job.  She was first assigned to Liberty then Freedom before coming on board here last week.  The second was that she had 34 cabins to aerviceans a helper for 1/2 an hour in the morning and again in the evening.  

ECBDD2B4-07F0-45DB-82C3-7068A22403B4.jpeg

Wow, that's like 15 minutes per cabin or something close. We always try to keep towels together on the floor in the bathroom and all trash in cans and leaving nothing on the bed. So it's never too much trouble. We will probably pull the covers up too.

• Like 6