Positive experience UK direct booking

excitedofharpenden

After a number of years using a travel agent for my cruises following booking direct, I've decided to go back to the direct approach after issues I had using a travel agent during the Covid crisis. 

There is now an Azamara UK geographic phone number (which was always an issue) and I was able to check up on a back to back OBC to make sure it had been applied and they dealt with it and sent me new invoices. I've just paid the balance on one cruise. Again, very straightforward and I was able to use my AMEX no problem.  New "0" invoice by return of email. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 5

Agree, made our last booking direct once I had worked my way through the phone system the misdirected me to Royal Caribbean everything was good. Even found discounts I was entitled to that a TA would never have bothered about.

34 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Agree, made our last booking direct once I had worked my way through the phone system the misdirected me to Royal Caribbean everything was good. Even found discounts I was entitled to that a TA would never have bothered about.

This was the number I used and this has got me straight through to Azamara. 0344 4934016

The message at the beginning starts off with an American accent, then goes to British before American again and the call on each occasion has been dealt with by an American and judging by the slight time lag they are in the US. I've tended to phone in the afternoon here.  Happy if it stays like this, but what with the change of ownership I'm not sure.  

Phil 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

After a number of years using a travel agent for my cruises following booking direct, I've decided to go back to the direct approach after issues I had using a travel agent during the Covid crisis. 

I booked my last cruise direct after issues with my TA during COVID (days to return calls, little assistance, etc). My difficulty came with I tried to have several FCCs applied. Even though I had them in front of me, they were “wrong”, and I spoke with 2 different people, who sent me 2 different invoices. I finally decided it was close enough, although still have no clue how they got their figures. 
I then transferred the booking to a new (smaller) TA for some OBC, and they have been really responsive. I first e-mailed them in the middle of an evening and was shocked when I got an immediate reply. We will see how it goes, but so far, much happier!

Just now, Mackdogmolly said:

My difficulty came with I tried to have several FCCs applied. Even though I had them in front of me, they were “wrong”, and I spoke with 2 different people, who sent me 2 different invoices. I finally decided it was close enough, although still have no clue how they got their figures. 

These were conversations with AZ, not my TA

54 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

This was the number I used and this has got me straight through to Azamara. 0344 4934016

The message at the beginning starts off with an American accent, then goes to British before American again and the call on each occasion has been dealt with by an American and judging by the slight time lag they are in the US. I've tended to phone in the afternoon here.  Happy if it stays like this, but what with the change of ownership I'm not sure.  

Phil 

Yes, used that number and followed the instructions but I ended up with RC they redirected no problem, had to call back to correct a small error on the invoice and got straight through.

We always use the same TA in the UK who are very good and detail orientated. I had to cancel two cruises due to covid and they handled it very well with speedy refunds. I also had FCC with Azamara that did not match my certificates and they sorted all that for me. They also give a small discount. I value their service and continue to use them. I only booked once direct with RC and I gave up after invoice version 17 was emailed to me. I don't want to spend time on the phone to them sorting out any issues. I think there are very good companies out there but you might only find out how good when you encounter a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john1970 said:

We always use the same TA in the UK who are very good and detail orientated. I had to cancel two cruises due to covid and they handled it very well with speedy refunds. I also had FCC with Azamara that did not match my certificates and they sorted all that for me. They also give a small discount. I value their service and continue to use them. I only booked once direct with RC and I gave up after invoice version 17 was emailed to me. I don't want to spend time on the phone to them sorting out any issues. I think there are very good companies out there but you might only find out how good when you encounter a problem.

If only we could name the good and shame the bad, we could all do the industry a great service with our support where it is well deserved.

• Like 7

On 8/5/2021 at 11:39 AM, uktog said:

If only we could name the good and shame the bad, we could all do the industry a great service with our support where it is well deserved.

I totally agree, we had so many problems getting our refund for our March 2019 cruise, which Azamara cancelled 5 days before we were due to fly out. They insisted that Azamara had not refunded them, it became very clear to us that they had received the refund and were hanging onto it! Despite many,  many phone calls they continued to drag their heels and we had to resort to a chargeback! We will certainly not use them again and will book direct with Azamara in the future.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I booked yesterday for one of the new 2023 itineraries direct with Azamara and it was a good experience, the phone system seemed to work much better than the last time and there was no waiting to get through. It was easy getting full details on the cruise we wanted also getting pricing with and without using our free days. Unusually using the free days and losing the Experience package worked out saving almost £1000, mainly because we don’t want the Shorex credit, get free Wi-Fi with suite and loyalty level and prefer to have the Ultimate drinks package. Overall was very  impressed with the service I received.

One thing came out of my conversation with the Azamara representative that will be of interest to many. Azamara have made a change to the shower curtains! Still curtains but now made of a material that won’t cling when wet, she said she had a chance to check it out pre pandemic and it works, assured me that there will be no more cuddles from shower curtains 😀

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Riocca said:

I booked yesterday for one of the new 2023 itineraries direct with Azamara and it was a good experience, the phone system seemed to work much better than the last time and there was no waiting to get through. It was easy getting full details on the cruise we wanted also getting pricing with and without using our free days. Unusually using the free days and losing the Experience package worked out saving almost £1000, mainly because we don’t want the Shorex credit, get free Wi-Fi with suite and loyalty level and prefer to have the Ultimate drinks package. Overall was very  impressed with the service I received.

One thing came out of my conversation with the Azamara representative that will be of interest to many. Azamara have made a change to the shower curtains! Still curtains but now made of a material that won’t cling when wet, she said she had a chance to check it out pre pandemic and it works, assured me that there will be no more cuddles from shower curtains 😀

We booked direct last week, using our FCC, no problems at all, and received confirmation really quickly. Just having a cruise to look forward to has given us a real lift. Keeping everything crossed that things have improved by the end of March!
We’ve never had a problem with the shower curtains, but I know some people do, so hopefully this new material will make a difference.

We have free days to use, so good to hear that they give a price with or without using them.

19 hours ago, Riocca said:

That's good to hear. I made final on my second cruise a couple of days ago and all very easy (once you get through the recorded spiel that it now endemic with the pandemic!). 

I'm sure some will still moan about the shower curtains, even if they are edged in real gold!  You won't have to worry coz you are in a suite!

Phil 

• Haha 2

How refreshingly normal we are discussing shower curtains 😂😂. (Though let’s not get too excited no one reported about improvements to the curtains in the months before cruising stopped but maybe the early Greek travellers will report back). 

21 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That's good to hear. I made final on my second cruise a couple of days ago and all very easy (once you get through the recorded spiel that it now endemic with the pandemic!). 

I'm sure some will still moan about the shower curtains, even if they are edged in real gold!  You won't have to worry coz you are in a suite!

Phil 

😂😂