Cruise with Confidence

cbfb

I am sure this has been asked 100 times so I apologize but I am considering a September 30th 4 night Caribbean cruise for our anniversary and I’m a little nervous. I have 2 other cruises booked in 2022 so I want to make sure with the confidence program if I cancel up to 48 hours everything is refundable in FCC which I could apply to the 2022 cruise. Is this correct? Thank you in advance!!!

Thank you!!!! One other question. I booked my 2022 cruises through a TA but this one will be direct with celebrity. I could still use the fcc on the 2022 even though they are booked with a TA? 

Edited by cbfb

40 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

CwC is currently available on all bookings made before 8/31/2021.

I don't think that is entirely correct -   We have a May 6th Greece cruise already booked and the TA said that it is not covered.  These are the terms.

Celebrity Cruises’ “Cruise with Confidence” program provides individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before August 31, 2021, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 20221 with the option to either: (i) cancel their cruise reservation up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and elect to receive a Future Cruise Credit under the Cruise with Confidence program (a “CWC FCC”) equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid to Celebrity for their cruise, or (ii) opt in for our Cruise with Confidence “best price guarantee” on their current sailing up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date. If the guest cancels an eligible booking before the 48-hour cut-off and elects to receive a CWC FCC:

Can someone confirm?

As I read the emails, if you cancel because of a positive covid test 72 hours before the sailing, you can get a cash refund.

As a reminder, starting August 6, all guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.

Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately. Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered.

Edited by basenji56

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

As I read the emails, if you cancel because of a positive covid test 72 hours before the sailing, you can get a cash refund.

As a reminder, starting August 6, all guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.

Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately. Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I took that last line to mean that since they changed the protocols in that now you are required to be tested before cruising,  you can now receive a refund if you choose not to be tested pre cruise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stretch44 said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I took that last line to mean that since they changed the protocols in that now you are required to be tested before cruising,  you can now receive a refund if you choose not to be tested pre cruise.

I think that you may be correct.  It is worded in a fuzzy manner.  "Unable to complete the testing requirements" v. received a positive covid test.  100% refund or FCC.  Who choses which refund is offered?  Celebrity or the cruiser?

4 hours ago, kleibo said:

I don't think that is entirely correct -   We have a May 6th Greece cruise already booked and the TA said that it is not covered.  These are the terms.

Celebrity Cruises’ “Cruise with Confidence” program provides individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before August 31, 2021, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 20221 with the option to either: (i) cancel their cruise reservation up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and elect to receive a Future Cruise Credit under the Cruise with Confidence program (a “CWC FCC”) equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid to Celebrity for their cruise, or (ii) opt in for our Cruise with Confidence “best price guarantee” on their current sailing up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date. If the guest cancels an eligible booking before the 48-hour cut-off and elects to receive a CWC FCC:

Can someone confirm?

Yes thanks for correcting me.  Celebrity has been hanging on to that May date since the beginning.  We can all hope that all concerns about sailing will be gone by then!

Am I the only one that doesn't understand this?  If I decide not to get a pre-cruise test, then I can ask for a cash refund rather than a FCC?  And if I've booked a B2B, what happens for the second cruise if I cancel it. Cash or FCC?

So, we’re just hoping that X doesn’t go the route that Carnival has taken and require masks be worn on the ship. That is one of the reasons we booked. That, and most of the islands allowing you to go out on your own. We’re ok with a few bubble excursions, but not all of them. If X does go with mask requirement then we may cancel and rebook at a later date. I just want to make sure that their cruise with confidence permits us to cancel without any penalties. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

As long as you cancel before 48hrs before sailing you would get taxes/fees refunded and the cruise fare in FCC.   The FCC has the use by/sail by conditions.

What happens if you only get the test results back 24 hours before the cruise?

A lot of us are waiting anxiously to see what Celebrity’s next step will be.

what happens to bookings made after Aug 31.

What kind of medical protection if any will be available 

Unfortunately my cruise will probably have to be cancelled before I 

find out, since final payment is coming quick !

14 hours ago, choochella said:

So, we’re just hoping that X doesn’t go the route that Carnival has taken and require masks be worn on the ship. That is one of the reasons we booked. That, and most of the islands allowing you to go out on your own. We’re ok with a few bubble excursions, but not all of them. If X does go with mask requirement then we may cancel and rebook at a later date. I just want to make sure that their cruise with confidence permits us to cancel without any penalties. 

Celebrity not fairing very well on their restricted cruises as well - all in yellow

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

• Green status means the ship has no reports of cases of COVID-19 or COVID-19-like illness.
  • Orange status means the ship has reported cases of COVID-19 but is below the threshold for CDC investigation.
  • Yellow status means the ship has met the threshold for CDC investigation because the ship has met one of the following criteria:
    • at or above the investigation threshold for crew COVID-19 cases,
    • at or above the investigation threshold for passenger COVID-19 cases; or
    • state or local health department notified CDC of passenger COVID-19 cases occurring within 5 days of disembarkation.
  • Red status means the ship is at or above the threshold for passenger and crew COVID-19 cases. Based on CDC’s investigation, additional precautions, such as returning to port immediately or delaying the next voyage, will be taken if it is suspected that continuing normal operations may subject on board travelers or newly arriving travelers to disease.

14 hours ago, choochella said:

Yes a lot of us are in this situation.  If masks are required on board a fully vaccinated ship- we will likely cancel our cruise and take the FCC.

22 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Correct.  New sailing would need before 9/30/2222 and booked before 4/30/2022.  CwC is currently available on all bookings made before 8/31/2021.

Wait!  Did I read your post wrong-- We have a voucher and the  last info we got was, it must be redeemed before 12/31/2021 for a cruise before May 4th, 2022.

3 hours ago, basenji56 said:

What happens if you only get the test results back 24 hours before the cruise?

The following is from the Testing and Screening FAQ on the Celebrity website:

Guests who book a Celebrity Cruise with a sail date on or before October 31, 2021, will have the following reassurances included at no extra charge. 

• 100% refund of your cruise fare, and your Traveling Party’s fares, if any of you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal. 

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.  

• If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Traveling Party. 

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

They have extended the dates for all pandemic FCCs due to the delay in restart.   I don't expect to see any additional extension of the dates now.

We have FCC's given to us in 2019. I applied them to a booking in May this year which was cancelled. Celebrity very graciously allowed us to apply them to a booking this coming December. That sailing is now cancelled. 

We were advised that we would need to make a booking by April 2022 with the sailing departing before 30/09/2022 and after that date they would no longer be valid. So we've now booked again for May 2022. My concern is if this cruise is also cancelled will the FCC be extended again? The official line is that it will not be even though we've tried to use it three times now. :/ 

On 8/4/2021 at 10:42 AM, cbfb said:

I am sure this has been asked 100 times so I apologize but I am considering a September 30th 4 night Caribbean cruise for our anniversary and I’m a little nervous. I have 2 other cruises booked in 2022 so I want to make sure with the confidence program if I cancel up to 48 hours everything is refundable in FCC which I could apply to the 2022 cruise. Is this correct? Thank you in advance!!!

Ensure with Celebrity directly that the FCC can be applied to an already booked cruise. I’ve read reports from others that they have had problems with this.

On 8/4/2021 at 10:57 AM, cbfb said:

Thank you!!!! One other question. I booked my 2022 cruises through a TA but this one will be direct with celebrity. I could still use the fcc on the 2022 even though they are booked with a TA? 

Yes. We had fccs from a May 2020 cruise that was with a TA. I used those fccs to book a cruise directly with Celebrity last week. Hope you have a wonderful anniversary cruise😊

Edited by Silkroad