AOS out Nassau now requiring indoor masking

59 minutes ago, Mommy oooo said:

Kids  and a handful of adults were masking indoors.  From what we heard there were under 1000 guests on board this sailing.

So you guys just missed the indoor masking requirement..guess it starts on the next sailing.

10 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

I insert wire into a channel over the bridge of the nose

I bought probably a gross🤪of those aluminum metal nose pieces I sew in there off Amazon, very flexible.  Just made some for the goody bags for my cruise girls, pink flamingos with swarovski crystals on the eyes...LOL...the men got sharks, no bling.

Mask.jpg

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I bought probably a gross🤪of those aluminum metal nose pieces I sew in there off Amazon, very flexible.  Just made some for the goody bags for my cruise girls, pink flamingos with swarovski crystals on the eyes...LOL...the men got sharks, no bling.

Mask.jpg

I’m doing bling versions for myself, lol.  Hubby is getting bling free.  If I have to mask on my cruise, I’m going to have fun with it 😂

• Like 2

Up until my sailing on the 6/12 Adventure of the Seas cruise I had bought only one fabric mask, basically just to support the folks doing it, not so much expecting to wear it. I think I survived entirely on the use of 5 disposable masks for the entire time.

So for my cruise, while knowing onboard wouldn't be an issue, still knew I'd have to deal with airports and airplanes and the checkin process and different port requirements. So I thought I should buy a few just so I had something more festive and decorative to where.

So I ended up with something like 24 masks after that. I bought several that looked like interesting designs, but found a few that just sent the wow-these-are-cool-meter flying past 100% on the dial, so bought a bunch more.

I bought a whole bunch of these: Fashionable Face Masks. Quality Breathable by MasqueraidByLucie (etsy.com)

The fit & finish and breathability was just excellent; so much better than most other masks I ended up accumulating. And there's some really nice "formal" designs among them.

And in the scheme of things, you really will need a few more than you expect because of the heat and humidity in the places you'll be wearing them. I've decided there's really little worse than trying to wear and breathe through a wet, sweaty mask. 🙂

I also bought some Adventure of the Seas-labeled masks from another seller (https://www.etsy.com/listing/1000621821/royal-caribbean-inspired-cruise-line). They were great for the logo, and made for an excellent social experience on my way through airports and on the plane, etc., prompting a lot of conversations. Unfortunately it appears the seller isn't making them anymore (she was there on the first sailings herself).

Edited by dswallow

14 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

I insert wire into a channel over the bridge of the nose

I went to Dollar Tree and bought some pipe cleaners. They still work fine after a year's worth of washing. 

On the sides of the cheeks I just take a pinch fold tuck to get it to fit closer.

I did pipe cleaners on my first editions, but the nose pieces were dirt cheap on Amazon.  I've made about 50 of these things in various fabric, a regular Pelosi. LOL  But I wear my cheapie Wally World red knit most that says "Keep Calm and Stay 6 Ft Away"  LOLOLOL  Something to do to keep my mind off the angst and suspense of waiting.

My absolute favorite though is my hard plastic face shield, but everyone here thinks they will ban it.  It keeps my breath totally inside the thing so much that I have to wipe the inside of it.  Breath condenses on the inside.  I thought I might take it just in case they allow it. Not just a shield, it is molded to conform to your face, tucks under the chin etc.  I've seen people with cloth masks that don't fit that well.  Ya gotta keep it clean and I suspect most people dont wear a laundered cloth mask every day, just keep wearing the same one ...isch

Edited by BecciBoo

5 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I did pipe cleaners on my first editions, but the nose pieces were dirt cheap on Amazon.  I've made about 50 of these things in various fabric, a regular Pelosi. LOL  But I wear my cheapie Wally World red knit most that says "Keep Calm and Stay 6 Ft Away"  LOLOLOL  Something to do to keep my mind off the angst and suspense of waiting.

My absolute favorite though is my hard plastic face shield, but everyone here thinks they will ban it.  It keeps my breath totally inside the thing so much that I have to wipe the inside of it.  Breath condenses on the inside.  I thought I might take it just in case they allow it. Not just a shield, it is molded to conform to your face, tucks under the chin etc.  I've seen people with cloth masks that don't fit that well.  Ya gotta keep it clean and I suspect most people dont wear a laundered cloth mask every day, just keep wearing the same one ...isch

I should order some of the nose pieces and give them a try — currently using coated copper wire my brother gave me from one of his job sites.  I know exactly what you mean about channeling your energy into something to reduce stress.  I love planning outfits for vacation (at home it’s all comfy, so enjoy the chance to up my game) and am currently making masks to coordinate with my clothes.  I have a huge fabric stash, so easy to have fun and go all out.  

6 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I should order some of the nose pieces and give them a try 

Geez, if I had your address I could mail you plenty, I wasn't kidding about that.

They have a peel off sticky on one side so they don't move, so I put them on the wrong side sew the mask up and then seam around it so it won't come out.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

Geez, if I had your address I could mail you plenty, I wasn't kidding about that.

I just ordered 100 for 2.99, lol.  I don’t quilt, but my mom was an avid quilter so I have some of her stash (lots of Kansas Troubles in golden brown tones for some reason).  I tend to sew more fashion oriented stuff, and have a great store in LA to buy high end designers silks, wools, cotton, etc., remnants super cheap.  My husband has assured me I don’t need to go there anymore because I have all the fabric already.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I just ordered 100 for 2.99, lol.  I don’t quilt, but my mom was an avid quilter so I have some of her stash (lots of Kansas Troubles in golden brown tones for some reason).  I tend to sew more fashion oriented stuff, and have a great store in LA to buy high end designers silks, wools, cotton, etc., remnants super cheap.  My husband has assured me I don’t need to go there anymore because I have all the fabric already.

Great....fabric stashing can become it's own giant problem and  grow out of control quickly...LOL.  Also had that problem with needle point books, accumulated a whole library before I knew it, Ha...but sorry I highjacked this thread.  Some people are touchy about that!🥴

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Great....fabric stashing can become it's own giant problem and  grow out of control quickly...LOL.  Also had that problem with needle point books, accumulated a whole library before I knew it, Ha...but sorry I highjacked this thread.  Some people are touchy about that!🥴

At least we aren’t arguing forbidden topics, lmao

• Thanks 1