AOS out Nassau now requiring indoor masking

40 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

No vacation is worth the stress and aggravation. Its not a vacation 

As I told you before Lou....eye of the beholder....I see just fine and I'm going to have a stressless vacation in 40 days.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Shoot even PreCV when Noro was largest scare would rarely ever touched anything with my bare hands outside my Cabin. No Doors/Knobs, Chairs, haven't been on Royal Elevator since 2002. Latest Cancel/Changes now wont be on Ship until April 2022, by then Masking will be nothing but bad memory

Keep our finger crossed that is true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am now wishing I had booked one the sailings in June instead of September.

I'd be cancelling if I had a cruise coming up shortly I would be cancelling. There are just too many unknowns and I don't go on vacation to increase my stress levels.

• Like 3

I’ve learned a lot of things since cruising has resumed.

One of them is that it would be in ones best interest to simply choose a different vacation in 2021 and look into cruising next year. Why put yourselves through this?

The way some people are bending over backwards to make this work is mind boggling. There are many other vacation options out there.

I’m booked in November and final payment is in a few weeks. At this point it seems nothing short of foolish to hand over a few grand for what I “hope” will be a vacation.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, coaster said:

The benefits of being on a ship that is way below capacity far outweighs any inconvenience on having to wear a mask. Some folks want to live in a fantasy world I guess.

You seem to think that everyone should share your view on this matter yet you feel they are the ones living in a fantasy world.

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Shoot even PreCV when Noro was largest scare would rarely ever touched anything with my bare hands outside my Cabin. No Doors/Knobs, Chairs, haven't been on Royal Elevator since 2002. Latest Cancel/Changes now wont be on Ship until April 2022, by then Masking will be nothing but bad memory

I hope you are right.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'd be cancelling if I had a cruise coming up shortly I would be cancelling. There are just too many unknowns and I don't go on vacation to increase my stress levels.

Yes, we are strongly considering especially since Eric is a high risk person.  His transplant doc is saying no to a booster shot till more studies are done for transplant people.  The first round of shots definitely played with his immune system and it took about 2 mos of changes to his meds to get him balanced out again and have an acceptable tach reading.

22 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

One of them is that it would be in ones best interest to simply choose a different vacation in 2021 and look into cruising next year. Why put yourselves through this?

The way some people are bending over backwards to make this work is mind boggling. There are many other vacation options out there.

I’m booked in November and final payment is in a few weeks. At this point it seems nothing short of foolish to hand over a few grand for what I “hope” will be a vacation.

OMG you are so exactly right. The best line on this thread has been.... you should be grateful to just be on a cruise....🙄

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You seem to think that everyone should share your view on this matter

Tit for tat, you think the same, what's the difference.  I have a different view from yours and a lot of other people here, so what.  Why do you people care so much what the rest of us think?  Unfathomable.  We will have our cruise you will have whatever it is you would rather do. Can't you just live and let live?  My vacation is not your vacation....geez.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Tit for tat, you think the same, what's the difference.  I have a different view from yours and a lot of other people here, so what.  Why do you people care so much what the rest of us think?  Unfathomable.  We will have our cruise you will have whatever it is you would rather do. Can't you just live and let live?  My vacation is not your vacation....geez.

I don't know what pulled your trigger. Have I made any suggestion that anyone should cancel if they are happy sailing with the present restrictions? I hope you have a great time.

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I din't know what pulled your trigger. Have I made any suggestion that anyone should cancel if they are happy sailing with the present restriction?

Yeah you kinda did!  Did I not quote you verbatim!  Maybe I should again: YOU SAID:

And I don't have a trigger at all, It's OK for anyone to have an opinion that doesn't agree with yours.

no wait, not finished.  AND I am not bending over backwards.  I'm just cruisin...guess I'm just more tolerant than some.

Now......peace out

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Yeah you kinda did!  Did I not quote you verbatim!  Maybe I should again: YOU SAID:

And I don't have a trigger at all, It's OK for anyone to have an opinion that doesn't agree with yours.

Peace, out

No I kinda didn't. No where did I say, or imply, that everyone should agree with my point of view. But since you and I seem to mostly agree on these boards much more than not I will just peace out, too. Once again, have a great cruise.😊

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You seem to think that everyone should share your view on this matter yet you feel they are the ones living in a fantasy world.

Never said everyone thinks that way. Just stated my personal opinion.

Just now, coaster said:

Never said everyone thinks that way. Just stated my personal opinion.

And I understand your point. But then you accuse those that think differently as living in a fantasy world. That is all that I took issue with. Oh, and that we should be grateful just to be on a cruise. I guess that makes two things.

1. I want cruising to be a certain way. 
2. It is not that way
3. /ShakesAnAngryFistAtThePowersThatBe

4. My way of dealing with all this is the right one

5. Any way of dealing with this situation other than my way is wrong

6. Even though all you people are wrong, glad to be here with you

Edited by zekekelso
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CruisingNole said:

Requirements aren't also changing day to day for other vacation options?

1 hour ago, CruisingNole said:

Thing is, there's not.  Domestic travel is a little more certain (which, for me, does not include the US), but otherwise most vacations I can think of are fraught with the same issues: testing and vaccination requirements, shifting protocols, closures or modified experiences at businesses.  And all of this can change without notice.

My family has been discussing options this evening (actually all along since we started planning this a few weeks ago), and we haven't yet come up with a plan that suits us better.  Especially if the goal is to avoid masks.  And it's not because there's nowhere else we want to go.  I have a lengthy list.  But either we outright can't travel to those places, or there's uncertainty around what we'll be able to do when we get there, or the protocols will be the same or worse.

Travel, in general, is iffy right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I understand your point. But then you accuse those that think differently as living in a fantasy world. That is all that I took issue with. Oh, and that we should be grateful just to be on a cruise. I guess that makes two things.

Again, my personal opinion. You are taking it too personal. This is a forum to share personal opinions. Never said I was speaking for a majority or anyone else here. Sorry,  you can't tolerate opinions different from yours. 

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1