Kids menu on the Zuiderdam

HermmyGranger

6 minutes ago, HermmyGranger said:

I'll be traveling on an Alaska cruise next summer and I'm wondering if HAL offers a children's menu on their cruises or do you just have to ask what's available for picky palates?

Attached is the HAL kids menu that has been available for many years and crayons are available on request to color the picture:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/HAL-Kids-Menu.pdf

Note that there is no charge for kids in Specialty Restaurants if they order from the above menu.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Attached is the HAL kids menu that has been available for many years:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/HAL-Kids-Menu.pdf

Thanks! This is super helpful. Too bad they don't offer grilled cheese as my kid only eats a couple of things, but he can survive with this.

2 minutes ago, HermmyGranger said:

Thanks! This is super helpful. Too bad they don't offer grilled cheese as my kid only eats a couple of things, but he can survive with this.

Room Service has free cheese quesadillas.

• Like 1

I don't have children nor do I sail with any, but one of my tablemates on one of my cruises ordered from the children's menu every night.  Weird.  There are also kids selections on the room service menu.

Maybe your waiter just assumed the kids wanted to order off the adult menu.  When I was living at home, we had to eat what the adults were eating, and did the same in restaurants.  My parents wanted us to experience a wide range of dishes.  None of this I'll only eat mac and cheese and hamburgers crap.  But I realize the times they are a changin'.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woodworker&knitter said:

Well where does HAL hide them. We were on a family cruise in 2018 with 5 kids and never was a kids menu offered 

You have to ask for them, in the same way that the vegetarian menu isn't offered, but if requested, it appears. 
I've ordered off the children's menu many times when I take long cruises, and get sick of a big meal every night.