Can I Switch Cabins?

surfjock27

I am hoping someone knows the answer to this..

We are cruising 10/16/21 on Mardi Gras and final payment is past. I did not book under Early Saver because there was an awesome $500 OBC promotion going at the time. I now see that my cruise fare is considerably lower, by around $400. I called to get the OBC for the price difference as I had with every other cruise and found out that because it is not Early Saver, I cannot get the fare difference. I own it, I didn't book ES.

Now, there are cabins in higher categories that are around the price that we originally paid. Will Carnival grant the change to a higher cabin, or will they shoot it down because of ES?

Thanks in advance friends! 🙂

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It depends. Was the $500 obc part of the fare? If you upgrade to another category, you might lose the $500 obc if it's part of the fare.

Yes, the new fare is the same deal as the deal that I booked under. I guess it is worth trying. 
I am trying to go from a regular balcony to an extended, as the extended is the same price I originally paid for the regular balcony.

Edited by surfjock27
  • Like 1

I have always been able to upgrade for free. I think they will allow almost anything that makes them more money. I have even switched boats with an upgrade.  However, I am assuming that you will lose the $500 OBC if the new deal doesn't have that.  

45 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

Yes, the new fare is the same deal as the deal that I booked under. I guess it is worth trying. 
I am trying to go from a regular balcony to an extended, as the extended is the same price I originally paid for the regular balcony.

If you decide to call and upgrade please give us an update as to your outcome!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

If you decide to call and upgrade please give us an update as to your outcome!

I was able to go from a regular balcony on 10 to a Preferred View Extended on 14 (forward).
It cost me nothing out of pocket and I was able to keep my $500 OBC under the same sale as the one I originally booked, as that sale is still going on. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

I was able to go from a regular balcony on 10 to a Preferred View Extended on 14 (forward).
It cost me nothing out of pocket and I was able to keep my $500 OBC under the same sale as the one I originally booked, as that sale is still going on. 

Congrats to you! Happy sailing!