Staycation cruise dancing

Bell Boy

Just to give a heads up to any Dancers out there who are booked on the QE staycation cruises over the next couple of months.

Cunard's entertainment department have now revised their previous announcement, re dancing and social distancing procedures.

Outdoor dancing has now been approved, so weather permitting there will be a Sail Away event on the 13th Aug.

There will also be limited Ball Room dancing on Gala evenings in the Ball Room, however, for the 'time being', there will be no dancing in the yacht club.

There will also be the usual Ballroom dance lessons during the day,  a professional dance couple are already onboard as part of the start up team. 

Slowly but slowly things are now looking good, as Cunard return to cruising after seventeen months 🍾🥂

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 3

Hopefully the ballroom dancing will continue to move much nearer to a full nightly evening's ballroom dancing on all evenings. I guess the first few cruses as the restart gets under way Cunard will be looking to see how the new protocols work out.  Though with everyone fully vaccinated it should be pretty low risk.

• Like 1

Hi, I saw a thread stating that dancing classes were more common (beginners) on Cunard now and some packed their tap shoes. Cunard have said there will be lessons in dancing and to bring them as there’s unlimited luggage, but that it’s not yet decided what dance styles classes are in (I’m hoping ballroom for one at least !).  Anyone know if it’s worth bringing tap shoes please?  (For summer staycation cruises).  Thank you! 

3 hours ago, Kiakaha1 said:

Hi, I saw a thread stating that dancing classes were more common (beginners) on Cunard now and some packed their tap shoes. Cunard have said there will be lessons in dancing and to bring them as there’s unlimited luggage, but that it’s not yet decided what dance styles classes are in (I’m hoping ballroom for one at least !).  Anyone know if it’s worth bringing tap shoes please?  (For summer staycation cruises).  Thank you! 

Take your tap shoes. If there are no tap lessons, no harm done (and maybe you can pay for a private tap lesson if the pros are tappers), but if there are tap lessons, you’ll be prepared. Tap shoes don’t take up a lot of room. 💃🏻 🕺 

10 hours ago, Kiakaha1 said:

Dancing on Cunard means ballroom and sequence dancing (New Vogue in Australia).  There were also line dancing classes during the day.