I'm out - see ya next year! Thanks ya'll

wemjam

@SNJCruisers

I don’t know if you are ignoring the fact that the antigen home test I am mentioning is likely identical to the one Carnival IS administering to non-vaxxed or just like to argue.  Carnival certainly could have found an easier way to ensure pax health than depend on various local testing sites (that you clearly have no personal knowledge of availability other than your own experience).

You are right about one thing-it is their ship and we have to live by their ever changing rules to board.  I’ve said it before this is my final cruise until Carnival makes it easier or the pandemic subsides.

Edited by TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

They had 4200 passengers on the Mardi Gras last week.  Like you said, where do you hold all of these people while they are waiting for results?

Celebrity , MSC, and RC are doing it at the port with no issues..   Results can be had in as little as 15 minutes.    Just saying by doing this Carnival can save their customers a lot of headaches

28 minutes ago, beloum said:

Rcl and celebrity are NOT doing the testing at the port. ONE time celebrity did it at the port because the testing requirement was one day before implementation. And it was a nightmare if you read and followed. Carnival gave over a weeks notice. 

Rcl has the same policy that carnival has now implemented. 

Maybe you are talking about nassau for rcl? They also have to test before they fly. And before they debark. 

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Moot point since take home tests are not acceptable for Carnival.  It's been reported that the rapid test at CVS Minute Clinic, the comparable test at Walgreens and tests at labs such as Quest are all covered and free.  People need to do their own research and check out pharmacies, walk in clinics and labs in their own area to see which of the three options fit their own needs.  If they are in an extreme rural area, then they have to make the decision as to whether the lengthy drive is worth it or not in order to fulfill the new requirement.  If not, then you can cancel with a full refund or flip it to a future cruise if you wish to possibly keep applicable OBC.

Way too much work for the cruisers..step up carnival...follow the MSC lead...test AT THE TERMINAL !!!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

Way too much work for the cruisers..step up carnival...follow the MSC lead...test AT THE TERMINAL !!!

Have they improved that process? My understanding is that it was a 2.5 to 4 hour wait for the boarding process. 

14 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

Have they improved that process? My understanding is that it was a 2.5 to 4 hour wait for the boarding process. 

LOL.  Par for the course with MSC.  Carnival is doing it the right way.  Cruisers are inconvenienced to get the testing done on their own, but it sure beats hanging around on embarkation day twiddling your thumbs waiting for confirmation of a negative result report. 

Besides, if you happen to come up positive, would you rather find out at home before you fly because you did the testing, or would you want to find out before walking on the ship?  If it happened that way, you could not fly and you would have to quarantine for 10 days or drive home.

It's an easy choice for me. The inconvenience on the front end is worth it to me if you don't do it till embarkation day and you come up positive.