I'm out - see ya next year! Thanks ya'll

wemjam

Ok, so I am out!  Cancelled and moved all 4 cruises this year to next!  Was literally all packed and ready to go for Aug 19th, and then Carnival done went and changed the rules.  I understand why - Just CAN'T do it!  Spent 2 days and over 20 hours rearranging hotels, flights, transfers, cruises for us and family.... going to try again next year.

Thanks to ya'll these last weeks for all the info and conversations... I am exiting stage right till next year.  Just too depressing to read or have anything to do with cruising right now.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

I moved my August cruise to April 2022 and will see how it goes next year.  I am with you and have chosen to wait until later.  I think there may be enough people who are comfortable with masks and testing to fill up the ships so that cruising can continue.  We are going to Florida again in a week to have a fun vacation and that's good enough for me for now.

I'm sure you feel better now that you have finished rescheduling everything.  I hope you find some fun ways to vacation in the mean time.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Ok, so I am out!  Cancelled and moved all 4 cruises this year to next!  Was literally all packed and ready to go for Aug 19th, and then Carnival done went and changed the rules.  I understand why - Just CAN'T do it!  Spent 2 days and over 20 hours rearranging hotels, flights, transfers, cruises for us and family.... going to try again next year.

Thanks to ya'll these last weeks for all the info and conversations... I am exiting stage right till next year.  Just too depressing to read or have anything to do with cruising right now.

Well wemjam, I can say I don't blame you. I felt doing the same. It's a very stressful time for all of us. Don't be a stranger! There are super cool land vacations waiting for you and your family. Be well!

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I am almost there with you. I had held out hope that January 2022 this would all be over, but that is now looking less likely than ever. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We canceled our 9/11 sailing, we still have a 11/29 sailing on the books....we'll wait and see if things change by then.  I agree, I just cannot wear a mask on vacation.  If things are so bad that masks are required, should anyone be on a cruise ship??  

Fingers crossed for a quick end to this stupid pandemic.....GET VACCINATED!!!

• Like 15

I hear ya!  For those flying in early  getting tested and getting results.is a big pain.  If you can get rescheduled without penalty and are sailing in the next month or two, not a bad idea to move your cruises out.  

For those of us cruising a bit later, there's expectations of booster shots being authorized in the next month or so. It does indeed appear that 2 shot vaccines lose their potency around 6% a month and thus those of us vaccinated back in January or December have less efficiency now.  

Where showing of a booster shot will get you past the testing requirement if vaccinated remains to be seen but let's hope the CDC and FDA get their stories straight and provide good guidance.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

weejam, feel the same way you do, but got there about 4 months ago. Have had 6 cruises cancelled. Got so tired of the games idiots play, plus all the cancellations and rebooking of hotel, transportation, and airlines. Booked a 2021 Christmas B2B, thought it was far enough out but now I’m not so sure I don’t want to cruise under the new rules. Have two others, one next year and one in 2023. Take care your not alone out there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skrufy said:

weejam, feel the same way you do, but got there about 4 months ago. Have had 6 cruises cancelled. Got so tired of the games idiots play, plus all the cancellations and rebooking of hotel, transportation, and airlines. Booked a 2021 Christmas B2B, thought it was far enough out but now I’m not so sure I don’t want to cruise under the new rules. Have two others, one next year and one in 2023. Take care your not alone out there. 

Just a quick FYI, these new rules are in place until October 31, 2021....So I'll wait to see what comes next (before I pull the plug on our Nov cruise).  

I did ask the pvp if she felt this requirement was going to change anytime soon and she told me it will definitely be (atleast) this until the end of October.

Keep the faith people.....AND GET VACCINATED!! 🙂 

(I think I will end all my future posts this way)

• Like 10

I've got time before my October cruise. I'm waiting to see how this is enforced.

If they make it a feel good but ineffective effort by saying if you have a drink in your hand you don't need to be masked unless waiting in line for dining or using elevators, that is one thing.

If they say you need to wear a mask sitting inside a bar and may only pull the mask down to take a sip, it would maximize the effectiveness of the masks but also cause the greatest inconvenience. 

I suspect it will be closer to the first than the second but I'll wait a few weeks to see what is actually happening on the ships. There is a lot of room within the official policy for this to either be a non issue or a complete deal breaker.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

I can understand that- it's a real uncertain time and I'm not sure Carnival has been clear enough with this implementation as to exactly how it will affect the cruising experience. It's implementation is very open ended (i.e. where exactly is it going to be enforced) and though I'm still going on my cruise on the 21st I'm uneasy about it. Will I enjoy it- on numerous levels- versus what I'm used too from the past, who knows? I don't trust corporate media spokespeople and various YT "influencers" telling me how much I'll still enjoy it because it's in their best interest or their outright job to tell me that. So, I don't blame you and if I hate it on the 21st my next couple of cruises might get pushed out too. 

• Like 4

With my itinerary being so radically changed today, I’m about to pull the plug as well. So disappointed that they pulled Half Moon Cay. I could have dealt with the other changes. Out of 4 ports only Aruba remains. I get that the island situation is fluid but they should have changed it before final payment or pushed it back. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

With my itinerary being so radically changed today, I’m about to pull the plug as well. So disappointed that they pulled Half Moon Cay. I could have dealt with the other changes. Out of 4 ports only Aruba remains. I get that the island situation is fluid but they should have changed it before final payment or pushed it back. 

What?? Did I miss something??  Half Moon Cay pulled??  What's going on?? What a Sh*t show....

If masks are required throughout the ship, should anyone really be on them???

Keep the faith people....AND GET VACCINATED 😁

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AnitaVacation said:

What?? Did I miss something??  Half Moon Cay pulled??  What's going on?? What a Sh*t show....

If masks are required throughout the ship, should anyone really be on them???

Keep the faith people....AND GET VACCINATED 😁

Grand Turk has been pulled from October cruises at least, too

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

Grand Turk has been pulled from October cruises at least, too

I did know about Grand Turk, we were supposed to go there on the Sept cruise....but what about Half Moon Cay??  Are they juggling ports to accommodate sailings with canceled ports (like Grand Turk)??

• Like 2

I know everybody can have different opinions on what “few” means, but I’ve noticed since the announcement that John has said the policy will last a few weeks. Even in one of his videos, he made the comment that the policy would be “a few weeks or hopefully sooner”. Now when I think of a few weeks, I think the end of August but yet the official press release said til October 31st.   Interesting to see if it that’s a hard date or if they’re gonna re-examine again in a “few weeks” as John has suggested.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

I did know about Grand Turk, we were supposed to go there on the Sept cruise....but what about Half Moon Cay??  Are they juggling ports to accommodate sailings with canceled ports (like Grand Turk)??

That is my guess. Cruises being moved out of Half Moon Cay are probably to make room for other ships. Ports can only handle so many ships at a time, and the number of open ports keeps getting smaller. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Newe08 said:

I know everybody can have different opinions on what “few” means, but I’ve noticed since the announcement that John has said the policy will last a few weeks. Even in one of his videos, he made the comment that the policy would be “a few weeks or hopefully sooner”. Now when I think of a few weeks, I think the end of August but yet the official press release said til October 31st.   Interesting to see if it that’s a hard date or if they’re gonna re-examine again in a “few weeks” as John has suggested.  

The lockdown back in 2020 was only going to be for a few weeks to slow the spread, so I don't have any faith in short term predictions any more.  I changed my cruise to 2022 and will see how it goes.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 7

Don’t pull ships that are already planned for Half Moon Cay to make room for new ships ! That’s just stupid. Find some place else to send them ! I’m beyond mad at this point. Masks…testing and now only 1 port out of 4 being original !  

BE10076E-2BEF-4C8B-9690-10E98FA7E162.png

Edited by Indiansbaseball
Add picture
  • Like 2

Just now, Indiansbaseball said:

Don’t pull ships that are already planned for Half Moon Cay to make room for new ships ! That’s just stupid. Find some place else to send them ! I’m beyond mad at this point. Masks…testing and now only 1 port out of 4 being original !  

I get the frustration. Definitely not happy since the one port I was looking forward to was pulled. Unfortunately, if they didn't do stuff like this, they would end up having to send some ships to the same port twice or change a port call into a sea day. And I think additional sea days are coming as fewer ports allow ships.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, volfan22701 said:

hopefully another year and we will be looking much more normal. 

That's what we though a year ago...... But I sure hope you are correct.  Thanks to the OP for this thread.  After the last couple of days, I felt alone in my frustrations.  I've been labeled as "whiney" and have been accused of having "sensory perception issues" on these boards because I don't want to cruise in a mask. We are definitely cancelling our 9/4 cruise after MUCH thought and deliberation.  We have 3 other CCL cruises booked after that.....we'll see I guess.  I wish those who do continue to cruise right now a good time!  Ready anytime for my booster shot - or any other shot it takes to get this under control.  I want to be part of the solution - not the problem.

• Like 10