Live and life from Nieuw Amsterdam's third Alaska sailing

Copper10-8

Sunday (con't)

Main Stage (show lounge) - CD's talk on the upcoming ports and a female hanging from the staircase taking it all in 

Neptune Lounge incl. a very cool model of the "Darling of the Dutch"

4/5-Star Mariners party in the Ocean Bar - Well attended (both sides were filled up) They were serving Mimosas in there

Indonesian Lido lunch (Bakmi Goreng, Beef Sumatra, Pork Satay/Sate & Krupuk on top)

Got a look at big Vancouver Island in the PM

Crow's Nest/Explorations Central

IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4657.JPG

IMG_4659.JPG

IMG_4663.JPG

IMG_4664.JPG

IMG_4665.JPG

IMG_4666.JPG

IMG_4669.JPG

IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_4672.JPG

IMG_4673.JPG

IMG_4674.JPG

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Sunday (con't)

Nieuw A's Cruise and Travel Director Valerie introducing the show

Main Stage with the "Step One Dance Co." cast of dancers performing "Humanity," a high energy show with great music and "special effects" - check out the "paint" colors on the back screen. The awesome Bekka (in red) and her fellow dancers. I still feel that they (read Bill Prince) need to bring back the full casts incl. the four vocalists, but these performers do an excellent job until that hopefully happens

IMG_4675.JPG

IMG_4679.JPG

IMG_4680.JPG

IMG_4681.JPG

IMG_4682.JPG

IMG_4683.JPG

IMG_4684.JPG

IMG_4685.JPG

IMG_4686.JPG

IMG_4687.JPG

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

May I assume that Explorations Central has no books for light reading and thus I should bring some along?

They have the "now normal" small selection of books since they changed from the much loved full library concept to that of the Explorations Central concept. I would bring my own reading material if I were you, we did 😉 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crzr said:

We had Hector once in the Neptune Lounge.  Very personable and right on top of things.  Glad to hear he will be doing this full time.  He is awesome !!!

Just showed your, and the chief's, positive comments to Hector. He's a happy camper! 🙂 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Sunday (con't)

Main Stage (show lounge) - CD's talk on the upcoming ports and a female hanging from the staircase taking it all in 

Neptune Lounge incl. a very cool model of the "Darling of the Dutch"

4/5-Star Mariners party in the Ocean Bar - Well attended (both sides were filled up) They were serving Mimosas in there

Indonesian Lido lunch (Bakmi Goreng, Beef Sumatra, Pork Satay/Sate & Krupuk on top)

Got a look at big Vancouver Island in the PM

Crow's Nest/Explorations Central

IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4657.JPG

IMG_4659.JPG

IMG_4663.JPG

IMG_4664.JPG

IMG_4665.JPG

IMG_4666.JPG

IMG_4669.JPG

IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_4672.JPG

IMG_4673.JPG

IMG_4674.JPG

A lot more 4 & 5 Stars Onboard for Mariner Reception.  Ocean Bar was only open on one side for us!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

They have the "now normal" small selection of books since they changed from the much loved full library concept to that of the Explorations Central concept. I would bring my own reading material if I were you, we did 😉 

We learned yesterday that HAL brought BACK the library on the Rotterdam!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Copper8-10 - thanks so much for taking us along.  We miss our cruises so much!

We have the Nieuw Statendam booked for the end of Nov. We always purchase the weekly Greenhouse Pass for the spa so we can use the Hydropool. There has been much talk on the boards that they are only permitting 15 min & with an assigned time. We are used to going whenever, after all we are on vacation! Would you mind checking with them to see what the real truth is? It would be much appreciated as we are close to full payment . 

Paula

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boze9999 said:

We learned yesterday that HAL brought BACK the library on the Rotterdam!!

I had heard this on another thread awhile back. It is where the Microsoft Studio was next to Rolling Stone Rock Room. Rumor is that the same changes will be made for Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Copper 10-8,  Your verbiage and photos never disappoint!!!  Cruising Glacier Bay is one of my favorite thingsI have ever experienced.  I hope the sun peeks through and the ranger on board provides a great commentary.

Thank you for taking us along on this cruise,  Cherie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would you mind checking out how things look at the retreat cabanas? We have one reserved for the week of Aug 21, and I wonder if the weather is ok or if people are miserable in them! Thanks if you can. No biggie if you can't. Keep having a great time!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

I still feel that they (read Bill Prince) need to bring back the full casts incl. the four vocalists,

I agree.  When is this man going to retire?  

Finnished up the night with the BB King All-Star Band performing for a full house once again with "plentong" folks dancing

When people are dancing, you know that they are enjoying what they are experiencing!  

4 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

I would bring my own reading material if I were you, we did 😉 

There had been a section of books that guests had left.  (I left my share.)  Are those gone?  

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

I had heard this on another thread awhile back. It is where the Microsoft Studio was next to Rolling Stone Rock Room. Rumor is that the same changes will be made for Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam.

I hope it's true.  If so, it tells me that someone does read the surveys and post cruise e-mails and letters.  And, that, maybe, all of that effort that some have expended did not go to waste.  

• Like 1

"special effects" - check out the "paint" colors on the back screen. 

I do not consider such use of the technical features of the World Stage to be "special".  Is providing such "imaginative uses" of these screens to be worthy of the millions spent on developing and installing them?  I have experienced this experience.  I am very unimpressed!  This is not the kind of entertainment use of the World Stage that I envisioned when it's development was initially announced by HAL.  

22 hours ago, aliaschief said:

We ate lunch at Tracy’s Crab and stuffed ourselves on their Crab legs and rode the tram up atop Mt. Roberts.

Today when talking to our great concierge Hector he told us he is the first one to be assigned permanent Neptune Lounge concierge. There will be no more rotation between Front Desk and Neptune. Hector is from Columbia and is a keeper.

We also had great service from Hector on the first cruise. Glad he will be able to stay in the position; he will only get better. Now if the rest of the crew could respond to his requests faster - it seemed like most of the time he was on the phone trying to resolve issues with the other departments.

Bob