September Oasis sailings capacity?

Currently no cruises will be sailing at full capacity, they will be full (not taking any more bookins) based on capacity restrictions. Fain said initial start up will be 30-ish percent and increase up to 10% after that. So if Oasis starts in Sept then by Dec they might be at 50%. Currently Adventure and Freedom are still at 35-ish percent. This is all up in the air as people might cancel based on protocols.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ampurp85 said:

Currently no cruises will be sailing at full capacity, they will be full (not taking any more bookins) based on capacity restrictions. Fain said initial start up will be 30-ish percent and increase up to 10% after that. So if Oasis starts in Sept then by Dec they might be at 50%. Currently Adventure and Freedom are still at 35-ish percent. This is all up in the air as people might cancel based on protocols.

Odyssey  sails next week with 2200 that is about 53%.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, puggylicious said:

Has there been any information about if the Oasis will sail full for the month of September?  

Even back in normal times, I don't think I've ever sailed on Oasis anywhere near capacity in September (and I've cruised on her 3x in Sept, different years). The most I've seen it, as per crew, was 85% full. With protocols in place I wouldn't expect more than 50-60% for the rest of '21 across the fleet. 

We are booked for 9.26 sailing and last I looked there are a lot of cabins for sale.     I think there has been a lot of cancellations,  this sailing didnt have that many for sale a couple months ago.

Edited by Sunshine3601

10 hours ago, coldflame said:

The most I've seen it, as per crew, was 85% full.

It is very unlikely any O class sailing would be that low. Low for O class would be around 90-100%, where they sail at 110% most of the time (pre-COVID). RCG's average occupancy pre COVID was 108% and the bigger ships are the ones likely pulling that % up.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It is very unlikely any O class sailing would be that low. Low for O class would be around 90-100%, where they sail at 110% most of the time (pre-COVID). RCG's average occupancy pre COVID was 108% and the bigger ships are the ones likely pulling that % up.

Late September through late October is low season. Disney in late January also had similar occupancy. Maybe the 108% figure you quote is pax (which includes infants and children) whereas occupancy counts the number of rooms? And the staff I spoke to was the cruise director, so doubt she was just slinging numbers to me.

28 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Maybe the 108% figure you quote is pax (which includes infants and children) whereas occupancy counts the number of rooms?

Occupancy is always passengers of all kinds. 100% is at double occupancy per cabin. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1