Regal staycation anyone just got back - activities?

cbowls30

1 minute ago, delgirl said:

you have to book them you can't just turn up. trouble is there were no spaces left.😁

They only checked our bookings at Princess Theatre and Afternoon Tea events  - nothing at the sailaway or any of the music events in the piazza/bar/lounges. They were asking at the entrance to Princess Live in the evenings but some friends just turned up at the morning trivia without a booking and got in.

11 hours ago, dides said:

They only checked our bookings at Princess Theatre and Afternoon Tea events  -

Did they have staff checking at more than one entrance or was everybody required to use one entrance?

And did they turn away people who had not made a reservation?

My cruise is the 17th August and I still don't have anything coming up on the app under journey view/ Activities timeline it just says there aren't any events today please check back later.

Also do you need to book dining on the app if you are doing club class dining ?

16 hours ago, dides said:

They only checked our bookings at Princess Theatre and Afternoon Tea events  - nothing at the sailaway or any of the music events in the piazza/bar/lounges. They were asking at the entrance to Princess Live in the evenings but some friends just turned up at the morning trivia without a booking and got in.

Just wondering how you booked afternoon tea as been looking but can't see anything 

1 hour ago, theborders said:

My cruise is the 17th August and I still don't have anything coming up on the app under journey view/ Activities timeline it just says there aren't any events today please check back later.

Also do you need to book dining on the app if you are doing club class dining ?

Your events may start to show up tomorrow ours started showing up satfir the 14th

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Did they have staff checking at more than one entrance or was everybody required to use one entrance?

I have no idea - we only went in one entrance of the many and didn't have any visibility of them after sitting down.

54 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

Just wondering how you booked afternoon tea as been looking but can't see anything 

Afternoon Tea came up as an event in JourneyView  on the MedallionClass app with the rest of the activities. They only had one session initially which got booked up very quickly - thankfully they added a second on the day before which booked.

1 hour ago, dides said:

Afternoon Tea came up as an event in JourneyView  on the MedallionClass app with the rest of the activities. They only had one session initially which got booked up very quickly - thankfully they added a second on the day before which booked.

Thanks I keep checking on there every few hours feel like I’m stalking Princess 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, delgirl said:

you have to book them you can't just turn up. trouble is there were no spaces left.😁

Not true, on the second cruise, the 4 day, we were informed many times a reservation in the app was only an indication of how many are going and it is not a firm booking and no place will be saved for you.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

On my cruise the "bookings" were never checked at any venue, not even the mdr.

18 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Not true, on the second cruise, the 4 day, we were informed many times a reservation in the app was only an indication of how many are going and it is not a firm booking and no place will be saved for you.

It would have been nice to have been told this as it kept saying no spaces. They checked our booking in bravo and mdr twice.

Just come from the Aug7th seacation - we were informed on second day that booking on the app was to 'show an interest' (essentially gave them data to play with) and didn't guarantee you a spot. So if you wanted to see a show/do an activity then ensure you turned up early enough to get a seat/be included for the activity.

For MDR they checked if you had booked/they knew from the medallion - we had bookings so not sure what happened if you hadn't booked in advance but imagine it may have just involved a little bit of waiting for a table to become free. 

My guess is based on feedback from the first cruise they modified their approach etc. with regards to journey view.

Edited by gillynomad

19 minutes ago, Mary Moo said:

Just a silly question! Are there kettles in the cabins? First time with Princess

Mary x

Yes - kettles are in Regal Princess cabins for the UK season - ours had PG Tips tea bags,  Douwe Egberts coffee sachets and whole milk-in-a-stick sachets.

image.thumb.png.9cb18b2b4a51ac3ae34c13b2f8cb4de6.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, dides said:

Yes - kettles are in Regal Princess cabins for the UK season - ours had PG Tips tea bags,  Douwe Egberts coffee sachets and whole milk-in-a-stick sachets.

Thanks i was wondering that to, we ae booked on her in 3 weeks time. x 

• Like 2

Thank you for replying and the lovely pic too. Does that apply to all cabin grades. We are sooo excited about this cruise and cruise line. Always sailed with Royal and Celebrity for years but so far Princess looks really favourable 🤞🤞

Mary x

35 minutes ago, Mary Moo said:

Thank you for replying and the lovely pic too. Does that apply to all cabin grades. We are sooo excited about this cruise and cruise line. Always sailed with Royal and Celebrity for years but so far Princess looks really favourable 🤞🤞

Mary x

All cabin grades have kettles.