Dress code in MDR

Just now, Wlhoeft said:

Since the Windjammer is closed for dinner, is the dress code more relaxed in the MDR?

Welcome to CC and coming out of lurk mode.

Dress code in the MDR is already relaxed and it has nothing to do with the WJ being closed for dinner.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC and coming out of lurk mode.

Dress code in the MDR is already relaxed and it has nothing to do with the WJ being closed for dinner.

LOL

MDR dress code went "that-a-way" several years ago. Nothng is enforced even if there is a code.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I wore cargo shorts on the 2nd formal night (I know, the horror)

No one batted an eye

I wore shorts on both formal nights on my last cruise, same response. Wear whatever you want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wlhoeft said:

Since the Windjammer is closed for dinner, is the dress code more relaxed in the MDR?

Hahahahahahaha <gasps for breath> hahahahahaha. I know it’s rude to laugh at a question, and I mean no disrespect to the OP. But hahahahahahaha - MDR dress code. That’s a good one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad to hear this. I hate to dress up (even slacks and a blouse) to eat dinner. I like to eat and go. MDR takes too long when you aren’t interested in eating all the courses. We usually go to the Windjammer for dinner unless we are traveling with the kids and grandkids. When we have a group, it is a nice time to hear about everyone’s day. 

12 hours ago, Wlhoeft said:

Glad to hear this. I hate to dress up (even slacks and a blouse) to eat dinner. I like to eat and go. MDR takes too long when you aren’t interested in eating all the courses. We usually go to the Windjammer for dinner unless we are traveling with the kids and grandkids. When we have a group, it is a nice time to hear about everyone’s day. 

The MDR no longer takes too long. It's more like a regular restaurant now where they want to serve you quickly and get you out. They even take your complete order including desert right at the begining of the meal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

I dress appropriate for the evening.....so I would never wear shorts and sneakers on the formal/dress up night.  But I'm an adult

Until they start enforcing their own rules, I'm not going to get all dolled up for 45 minutes, including the 60 seconds it takes to enter and leave the MDR where anyone would notice I have shorts on.  Not all adults want to wear a tux or suit and tie just because cruise lines are still trying to hang onto a novelty of the past.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1