NCL Epic... With 45% guest capacity??

Krydstosser

NCL Epic... With 45% guest capacity?? First Cruise 5th September from Barcelona...

I heard that NCL Epic has a 45% Guest capacity do to Covid 19 and social distance reasons.... Is that true?

Krydstosser

Please do not mind my spelling i am from Denmark 😀

• Like 1

At the conference call on August 6th, Del Rio stated that initial sailings would be 60%-70%. At the pep rally on the same date he stated 60%. Apparently Jade sailed last week with 75% occupancy. So, it looks like somewheree between 60-75% for initial sailings with 100% within 60 days if all goes well.

Here is a transcript and Frank's response to a questions posed by the JPMorgan team. Full transcript here if interested.

Frank J. Del Rio -- President and Chief Executive Officer

Yeah. As Mark mentioned, we're starting every vessel in the 60% to 70% range of load factor. That's not anyone's requirement, it's not a CDC mandate. It's something we think is a responsible way to start operations, train our crew, get our feet wet, so to speak. If all goes well, after 30 days, we'll increase that to 80% load, and after 60 days, we will resume trying to fill the vessel as in pre-pandemic level.

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Krydstosser said:

NCL Epic... With 45% guest capacity?? First Cruise 5th September from Barcelona...

I heard that NCL Epic has a 45% Guest capacity do to Covid 19 and social distance reasons.... Is that true?

Krydstosser

Please do not mind my spelling i am from Denmark 😀

Your spelling is just fine.  🙂

Where did you hear the 45% number?    It would seem that would be a money losing cruise for NCL, unless maybe they are doing it as a test type cruise in Europe.

30 minutes ago, Krydstosser said:

Guest capacity do to Covid 19 and social distance reasons.... Is that true?

Your spelling is fine, however the expression is "due to" instead of "do to."

As a lover of languages (including Danish, BTW) I am always keen to get things right. Your command of English is extremely impressive, og mye bedre enn mitt dansk. 🙂 -and that was in Norwegian, BTW. 😁

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

At the conference call on August 6th, Del Rio stated that initial sailings would be 60%-70%. At the pep rally on the same date he stated 60%. Apparently Jade sailed last week with 75% occupancy. So, it looks like somewheree between 60-75% for initial sailings with 100% within 60 days if all goes well.

Here is a transcript and Frank's response to a questions posed by the JPMorgan team. Full transcript here if interested.

Frank J. Del Rio -- President and Chief Executive Officer

Yeah. As Mark mentioned, we're starting every vessel in the 60% to 70% range of load factor. That's not anyone's requirement, it's not a CDC mandate. It's something we think is a responsible way to start operations, train our crew, get our feet wet, so to speak. If all goes well, after 30 days, we'll increase that to 80% load, and after 60 days, we will resume trying to fill the vessel as in pre-pandemic level.

This sounds good in theory.  But if a ship starts with 60% capacity in month 1, and after 30 days they re-evaluate and want to increase, there will be very little time to allow more bookings for increased capacity for the first few sailings in month 2 and afterwards.  Unless they have fire sale and allow 10% additional capacity in a hurry.

60-75% is the max. capacity.This does not mean that this capacity is reached on every cruise. 😉

MSC and TUI cruises had only 25-35% during their first months.

So maybe the epic is sailing currently(or during the last weeks) with only 45% because they simply didn`t have more bookings.

Remember The Epic has two pick up points, Sunday 5th Barcelona, Wednesday 8th Civitavecchia, as this is the first cruise there will be no one existing on board from civitavecchia. So until the Wednesday it will be quiet, another note, I noticed in the haven they are selling deck 17 from Barcelona and deck 16 from Rome, I don’t know if they are doing that with regular cabins? 

6 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Remember The Epic has two pick up points, Sunday 5th Barcelona, Wednesday 8th Civitavecchia, as this is the first cruise there will be no one existing on board from civitavecchia. So until the Wednesday it will be quiet, another note, I noticed in the haven they are selling deck 17 from Barcelona and deck 16 from Rome, I don’t know if they are doing that with regular cabins? 

You got a point there!