B2B booking questions

canwegonow

We're thinking of booking our first-ever B2B on Mardi Gras next fall. Normally when I book a cruise, I just go online and book through the Carnival website. I assume, though, that if we want to stay in the same cabin for both legs, I will have to call Carnival in order to book. Is this correct? (No, I'm not interested in working with a travel agent.) Is booking a back-to-back different in any other way than booking one cruise--different deposit amounts for example? Any info or advice anyone can provide would be really helpful.

39 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

How do you wash your clothes on a long B2B?

Platinum and diamond have some free laundry perks.

Mardi gras I dont think has the usual washing machines as previous builds. 

Isnt there a sale mid way thru used to be $10 for whatever fits in a bag? 

You can go online and book yourself.  Just look at both cruises find cabin choices you like available on both, then you put a hold on one while you book and pay the deposit for the other. 
Then you just go to your hold and pay the deposit. 

With covid protocols right now, I'm not sure if they don't make you pack up.  I know no way would I leave anything in my safe when I went for my b2b test. 
We are changing cabins on our next one because I want to try different areas of the ship.  But under normal circumstances, we keep the same cabin for the entire time.  I just wasn't sure if I would feel comfortable not packing my own things up because what if one of us did test positive? 
So since we are doing that, might as well have a cabin change 🙂

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, canwegonow said:

We're thinking of booking our first-ever B2B on Mardi Gras next fall. Normally when I book a cruise, I just go online and book through the Carnival website. I assume, though, that if we want to stay in the same cabin for both legs, I will have to call Carnival in order to book. Is this correct? (No, I'm not interested in working with a travel agent.) Is booking a back-to-back different in any other way than booking one cruise--different deposit amounts for example? Any info or advice anyone can provide would be really helpful.

No difference.  Double the deposit.  You should book with the OV8 promo code.  It will give you 200 in OBC for each leg.  You just need to figure out whether you want the same cabin or change it up?

A PVP through Carnival could do the bookings for you.  I’ve used them most of the time although I have booked a B2B on my own.  I usually open two browsers, bring each cruise up and go through the booking process to the end page where you have to submit payments.  Then I place my deposit on one and then the other in quick succession.

Once you’ve gotten your room picked and find yourself at the final page of needing to submit payment, the room you selected will be unavailable for others to select for a short period of time.

22 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

No difference.  Double the deposit.  You should book with the OV8 promo code.  It will give you 200 in OBC for each leg.  You just need to figure out whether you want the same cabin or change it up?

What is the OV8 promo code?  It doesn't show up for us.

25 minutes ago, kicia said:

What is the OV8 promo code?  It doesn't show up for us.

Call Carnival and find out if it's a promo code that everybody, including you is entitled to, or if it's selective marketing.   I have received multiple emails from them about it and I have also redeemed it on my B2B next year on the MG.  The code is good for any date in 2022.  It is not in my today's deal box, just sent multiple times via email.  

12 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Call Carnival and find out if it's a promo code that everybody, including you is entitled to, or if it's selective marketing.   I have received multiple emails from them about it and I have also redeemed it on my B2B next year on the MG.  The code is good for any date in 2022.  It is not in my today's deal box, just sent multiple times via email.  

Thanks--I guess I'll be calling so I can try it. That's a lot more OBC than we've ever had...