One Adventure After Another, Live Rolling Review Aug 14, 21 and 28

exm

4 hours ago, W-hoe said:

Good for you!  I believe Verifly only works with particular airports.  I completed it 3 days ago and I could not check in online this morning for Detroit.  We are staying near the airport this evening and going over to check-in tonight at the airport so we don't have to deal with the line at 4am tomorrow morning.  We're only taking carryon luggage.

That was our original plan as well--now we get to go straight to the hotel!  Hope there are no lines!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jasongoldberg said:

I’m too busy having an amazing time on this cruise to post a comprehensive review — so I’ll be sure to do so on Saturday. However, I’ll just say that despite the stresses of multiple tests and visas and hoops — this has HANDS DOWN been the BEST cruise we’ve ever taken. The service, the food and the entertainment have all been first class. The crew is bending over backwards to make this an amazing trip — and they’ve succeeded.

best post I’ve seen in a long while. Have a great rest of your cruise. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, idkanything said:

Royal has updated their testing FAQ page to specifically say the Abbott test done at home and supervised is acceptable! I can rest easy. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Finally. It didn't even take them all that long to fix it once it was brought to their attention. Times, they are finally changing. 🙂

1 hour ago, idkanything said:

Royal has updated their testing FAQ page to specifically say the Abbott test done at home and supervised is acceptable! I can rest easy. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

You have no idea how much relief this post and the updated link gives me. Thank you.

I can’t wait for Saturday. 

• Like 5

We just boarded our first flight (lax to Mia)

what a check in, lol.  Had passport scanned 3 times.  The check in guy (so we could check our bags) asked for our visa, but when we said we had VeriFLY he took that instead, super quick from there 😊

5EF77BD3-0D36-416E-98E6-E7AE05BF896E.jpeg

• Like 3

Good luck to all flying in today. The weather here is perfect. Today I am hanging out at the pool, packing. We are so ready for tomorrow!

Don’t forget to submit the Royal Guest Health questionnaire in the RC App.

Edited by exm
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

but when we said we had VeriFLY he took that instead, super quick from there 😊

That’s the first I’ve heard of VeriFLY.  Looked it up and sounds like a good idea.  Have you used it before?  You think it’s worth getting?  Happy for your cruise.  Can’t wait to see pics of the cruise.

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That’s the first I’ve heard of VeriFLY.  Looked it up and sounds like a good idea.  Have you used it before?  You think it’s worth getting?  Happy for your cruise.  Can’t wait to see pics of the cruise.

I think it’s for AA only?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

what a check in, lol.  Had passport scanned 3 times.  The check in guy (so we could check our bags) asked for our visa, but when we said we had VeriFLY he took that instead, super quick from there 😊

Wishing you a great, and safe, trip!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had never used it before, but worked well for us.  Our friends had no luck.  Seems very airport and/or ticket agent dependent on whether it’s useful.  But it’s free, and quick to do, so why not.  

• Like 1

Wow what a long day!!  Have lots to say, but very tired after getting up so dang early.  We had very smooth flights, and landed in Nassau on time.

We used First Choice Limo to get to the hotel, and had an awesome driver, David.  Beautiful new shuttle van, complete with ice cold refreshments for the ride, as well as an engaging conversation about local issues and music.  My husband literally was dancing his way out of the van when we arrived at the British Colonial.  Quick check in and the staff were super friendly and had us laughing.  

Went up to the the room, which is small but very cute and comfortable with a great view.  Then met our friends for more Kalik and dinner (too tired to look for a less expensive option but the food was very good and great service so very happy).

Can’t wait for morning!

4B5D5785-EF16-4E1A-95BB-3F0223663973.jpeg

805969B2-4710-426D-B980-924B59E14E31.jpeg

32462867-FE76-4774-B9EF-05119DF1C423.jpeg

8EBB64B5-324D-46EA-B46F-6FDF8C6F6B07.jpeg

B44E8D58-CA8D-426C-82EF-1F9AA28887C2.jpeg

7CB0F566-527E-4EF8-B77B-4F91742C381A.jpeg

DE4B27C4-E1FE-4321-AFC5-503E28AFBA12.jpeg

97B7F6C5-5781-416D-BE8A-B86FE150D23E.jpeg

• Like 10

Well it’s CRUISE DAY!!!!!  Yesterday started at 4:30am on Thursday, we had an early flight 5:00am on Friday and had maybe an hour of sleep before.  

We flew AA because I had pre-Covid vouchers to use, all in all both flights went well with only a slight mechanical delay in Charlotte.

Getting thru the airport in Nassau was pretty easy but like everyone said it’s a long walk before you get out of the airport.  We took a taxi to the British Colonial Hilton with a delightful and friendly guy “ Captain Jay”; the cost was $36 plus tip.

The room is nice and the staff very friendly, we were exhausted from travel and the day before so we had a drink and conch fritters in the hotel bar and crashed shortly after.  

5BA8C08F-040E-456B-9418-4F922E6B1571.jpeg

83069BE8-80FF-47AC-BB41-4EB2A8ADD719.jpeg

2DBA74B8-B749-4CF1-95EC-B158F5A77481.jpeg

• Like 6

On 8/20/2021 at 8:17 AM, 3kidsncats said:

5EF77BD3-0D36-416E-98E6-E7AE05BF896E.jpeg

Elisa what a nice picture. We just finished first flight and we are in Dallas waiting for second flight. We land at 3pm so hope to be onboard late afternoon. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, idkanything said:

So, as expected, no issues with your Abbott home test? Just want to hear it first hand 🙂 Have a LOVELY week! 

Kids negative, current location: Windjammer at AOS!

And the Abott test was fine. Just needed to show them the screen I took a screenshot of (see above)! 

• Like 4

So much fun today — so great meeting up in person with people we’ve been chatting with virtually.  Currently in the suite lounge for a quick canapé before dinner at Chops.  Super quick embarkation process and on board by noon -- literally the stroke of noon as we stepped on board.

DA81524D-BD60-4064-8B23-442023EDA4EE.jpeg

056142E4-BE80-4004-8997-60119923D10B.jpeg

• Like 1

Random thoughts while waiting for my kids to fall asleep:

- About 100 children of a total of 600-700ish passengers. A lot more than I expected

- The eMed proctor test-at-home was accepted without questions 

- The entire check-in process at the Hilton was very efficient and pleasant

- There are only 3 more sailings out of Nassau for Adventure before she goes into dry-dock and back to TX

- Still haven’t met anyone from this forum!

- I live on Long Island, NY: it’s crazy that I am on a cruise while they are getting a direct hit from a hurricane. Hopefully everyone in the NE will be okay 

- We departed an hour early (8)

- The ship feels empty. We went dining at the Windjammer and it was a bit of a surreal experience

- The staff has been great 

Bonus: picture of Freedom when we pulled out 

C5E6439E-DCA1-45DF-B603-4FB46118BDB1.jpeg

• Like 7