Will the Jade make it to Africa?

Lvntrvl

6 hours ago, EnClair said:

We will be traveling. We only need to isolate 4 days and then get a negative test. So we are still going. 

At this point I'm not sure it will be up to you. Another case of Omnicron was found in Denmark. There will likely be more found in the coming days. With the swift travel bans that have been placed on African travel, it would not surprise me if countries impose travel bans on Denmark residents soon :(. And after that, who knows....  😞 😞 😞 

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line, thank you very much for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice. We have important information regarding your upcoming sailing onboard Norwegian Jade.

As we continue to redeploy our fleet around the world, we are focused on providing you with the safest and very best vacation. However, due to the evolving public health concerns in South Africa, we've made the decision to cancel voyages aboard Norwegian Jade with embarkation dates of December 21st, 2021 through and including January 26th, 2022.

Due to this unfortunate event, you will receive a full refund that will automatically be returned to the original form of payment provided at the time of your current reservation. No further action is required on your part; your refund will be automatically processed within ten business days and will be returned within seven to ten business days from the processed date. The visibility of the funds is dependent on your financial institution's internal policies.

If your most current reservation was paid via a Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be re-applied to your Latitudes account. No further action is required; the FCC will be automatically added by December 3rd, 2021.

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty, and we cannot wait to provide you with the cruise vacation you've been dreaming about, and likely need now more than ever! Therefore, in addition to the 100% refund or full return of your FCC, the following offers may also be available when you chose to rebook:

- Receive a 10% OFF discount Future Cruise Credit (FCC). Your FCC will be available on your Latitudes Account by Friday, December 3rd, 2021. Your FCC will be valid for one year from issuance and applicable towards all published sailings through March 31st, 2023.
- 35% OFF! For a limited time only, take advantage of our current promotion if you book a new cruise by December 27th, 2021 for any published voyage through 2024 and receive 35% OFF!
- TAKE ALL! Again, for a very limited time, if you book a new cruise by December 27th, 2021 for any published voyage through 2024, you may TAKE ALL! This limited time offer is a tremendous value allowing you to add all five of our Free at Sea amenities (TAKE ALL!) when you reserve select stateroom categories for any published voyage. Amenities include a free unlimited beverage package, free specialty dining, a free Wi-Fi package, free shore excursion credits and reduced rates for family and friends ' a value of up to $4,000 per person!
- A $150 Free Credit + Lower Deposit! If you purchase a $150 CruiseFirst certificate, which is a certificate towards your next cruise, we will match it with an additional $150 credit. For CruiseFirst terms and conditions, please visit www.ncl.com/terms/cruisefirst.

The combined value of these offers is well over $4,000 per person. This is our way of showing you how much we appreciate you!

Once again, we apologize for this unforeseen event, however, we are looking forward to assisting you book your long-awaited vacation at sea. If you have any questions, please contact us at (866) 234-7350, visit us at www.ncl.com or contact your travel advisor.

We look forward to exploring the world with you soon in the safety and comfort of an amazing Norwegian Cruise Line ship!

Sincerely,

Katty Byrd
Vice President, Guest Services

WOW!! That was really cutting it close for people preparing to travel! So sorry for the CANCEL, But this was the best for everyone, IMHO.

Also , this is NOT NCL fault this time... this came on with the travel ban suddenly.. AND THEY ARE OFFERING GOOD ALTERNATIVE INCENTIVES!!

Stay Well, Stay Safe

2 minutes ago, Gen X Life said:

WOW!! That was really cutting it close for people preparing to travel! So sorry for the CANCEL, But this was the best for everyone, IMHO.

Also , this is NOT NCL fault this time... this came on with the travel ban suddenly.. AND THEY ARE OFFERING GOOD ALTERNATIVE INCENTIVES!!

Stay Well, Stay Safe

They did this to many of us in 2020 with very few days notice.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@BermudaBound2014

What incentives do you see that are good?

Interesting to compare with the "Cyber Sale" that I see on the website.   Then to find what else they are offering specifically to the cancelled cruises.

What else are they offering specifically to cancelled cruises? The offer I read is a bit of a slap in the face unless I'm missing something

4 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

What else are they offering specifically to cancelled cruises? The offer I read is a bit of a slap in the face unless I'm missing something

They are offering 10% off base fare of a future voyage, that’s it. What I find even more a slap in the face of their guests is that there is zero mention of compensation for change/cancel fees for guests who booked independent air or hotels.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Just now, casofilia said:

@BermudaBound2014

What else are they offering specifically to cancelled cruises? 

I agree with your comment I cannot find anything really worthwhile.   It will be interesting to see the "offer" for the Dubai-Cape Town cruisers.

Aren't the dubai-CT cruisers headed to India? I'm having a hard time following all the changes announced today.

1 minute ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

They are offering 10% off base fare of a future voyage, that’s it. What I find even more a slap in the face of their guests is that there is zero mention of compensation for change/cancel fees for guests who booked independent air or hotels.

And, get this, if you booked using a FCC you already got the 10% off base fare and there is no double dipping. So everyone who booked using FCC is totally out of luck.

@BermudaBound2014

... there is no double dipping. 

That is NOT stated in the offer that has been made; at least I cannot remember seeing it.   If it isn't then NCL will HAVE to honour the 10% offer.   

If it isn't there and NCL refuses the 10% because of the Double Dipping they put in place (late June I think) then challenge.

13 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@BermudaBound2014

... there is no double dipping. 

That is NOT stated in the offer that has been made; at least I cannot remember seeing it.   If it isn't then NCL will HAVE to honour the 10% offer.   

If it isn't there and NCL refuses the 10% because of the Double Dipping they put in place (late June I think) then challenge.

Edited to add~ Maybe I'm not explaining myself properly. You do get 10% off your next cruise, but you don't get 20% off. If NCL cancels a cruise, you are entitled to 10% off a future cruise. If NCL cancels 3 cruises, you are entitled to 10% off a future cruise not 30%. that is what I meant by double dipping.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

@BermudaBound2014

I agree; it was introduced about June 26th just before a number of cancellations that contained that statement.

If the present cancellations state that you will get a 10% FCC WITHOUT quoting the "one time gesture clause" challenge if you don't get it.

The offer is a legal document and must contain all exclusion clauses.

• Like 1

The December 3rd cruise has officially been canceled. Made it to the airport on our way to Istanbul then on to Dubai, and it's delayed til tomorrow at 8 am. Have plans on continuing on and winging it. What a bunch of crock to cancel like this when I was OK with the change and India. (Sigh)

@casofiliaI just went and read the terms of FCC again for giggles. At the top of the page it says for all cruises March 2020-October 2020. The double dip disclaimer is there worded as "the enhanced value fcc will not be applicable".... keep us posted please.

image.png.000d70a4df82db72cae7fe4d9ab507b1.png

https://www.ncl.com/fcc