Celebrity cancelling cruises - will HAL follow?

Vict0riann

34 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

But the cruise lines have known this for quite a while, yes?  But still offered sailings on the afternoon after a ship arrives from 

34 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Yep they knew but it's all about Sales.  Sometimes we don't have a friend on any of these sides!  Lol

18 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Does this have to do with the 8 day restrictions on cruises prior to the CSO expiring? If so, Eurodam is after the expiration. 

Wow I don't know first time I have heard of the 8 day?

All I know is the 14 day deal where if a Ship is repositioning to the US it is supposed to have no passengers for 14 days before it can sail from the US with passengers.

6 hours ago, kazu said:

I believe they are doing the 95% passenger vaccinated but all crew is vaccinated.  My memory gets short some days though - I blame it on covid.

I have a good memory but ........................................................it's short!   (Can relate to you).

Well I guess my Panama Canal transit from SEA to FLL is safe for now. (US port origin and termination) I wouldn't be surprised if many if not all of our port calls are cancelled. 21 Sea Days! It's October.

Let's see Delta is suppose to peak in 3 to 4 weeks and then hopefully a downward trend from there.

-Paul

Have an email from HAL this morning with "important information" about my 11/14 sailing.  Unfortunately, the attachment won't open.  

Logged in to my account and, of course, everything is there and looks fine, but we know it often takes the website a while to catch up with reality.

I've posted in the Roll Call to see if anyone can open the attachment, but there's very little activity.  Sort of surprising, given this is supposed to be the first sailing from the U.S.

15 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Have an email from HAL this morning with "important information" about my 11/14 sailing.  Unfortunately, the attachment won't open.  

Logged in to my account and, of course, everything is there and looks fine, but we know it often takes the website a while to catch up with reality.

I've posted in the Roll Call to see if anyone can open the attachment, but there's very little activity.  Sort of surprising, given this is supposed to be the first sailing from the U.S.

If it is the same email I received this AM, it is just advising (reminding) passengers that Visa's are required for certain passengers from certain countries....a generic reminder...

2 hours ago, tompeter said:

If it is the same email I received this AM, it is just advising (reminding) passengers that Visa's are required for certain passengers from certain countries....a generic reminder...

I received the same one on the 13th.  Couldn't open the attachment and asked PCC and she said it's the Visa Notification.