Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services

MTtraveler

In my honest Carnival Cruise Nut opinion if we all just do what's still currently recommended by the CDC we should all be able to Cruise safely and these Pre Cruise tests may vanish in the near future.

The main issue is can "We All" just follow the three main rules that have been in place since the beginning (Wash you hands frequently, continue to social distance and wear your mask).  

Simplicity at it's Best!!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

In my honest Carnival Cruise Nut opinion if we all just do what's still currently recommended by the CDC we should all be able to Cruise safely and these Pre Cruise tests may vanish in the near future.

The main issue is can "We All" just follow the three main rules that have been in place since the beginning (Wash you hands frequently, continue to social distance and wear your mask).  

Simplicity at it's Best!!!

Wishful thinking unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, exm said:

RC cruiser here. I did the test from eMed for my party of 6 and will use this to checkin tomorrow in Nassau for the Adventure sailing. I can keep you guys posted how it goes.

F3B49D08-98C2-4CD2-A36D-B279A6270E79.jpeg

I just wanted to say I have come to appreciate your wonderful insight on these forums! You seem to be very similar to me with some of the same thought processes. Bonus you have kids around my kids age and are going through a lot of the same things I will be next month. I look forward to hearing your experience!! I REALLY can't wait to see (if you plan on it) what your kids experience are at Adventure Ocean during this round. My daughter is finally old enough to WANT to go and I hope she can enjoy it...my teenager already said good luck seeing her on-board haha. I haven't had "dad and mom" time to enjoy a cruise since my oldest was born 14 years ago...I live vicariously through you! Thanks so much in advance!!

I will follow your experience. We are going to be traveling 4 days before our cruise and will be in Jersey City/NYC for our 3 days prior, and I really don't want to have to hunt down a rapid test center. This would be a nice option to bring and knock out the first morning we get to NYC.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JMKreno said:

I just wanted to say I have come to appreciate your wonderful insight on these forums! You seem to be very similar to me with some of the same thought processes. Bonus you have kids around my kids age and are going through a lot of the same things I will be next month. I look forward to hearing your experience!! I REALLY can't wait to see (if you plan on it) what your kids experience are at Adventure Ocean during this round. My daughter is finally old enough to WANT to go and I hope she can enjoy it...my teenager already said good luck seeing her on-board haha. I haven't had "dad and mom" time to enjoy a cruise since my oldest was born 14 years ago...I live vicariously through you! Thanks so much in advance!!

I will follow your experience. We are going to be traveling 4 days before our cruise and will be in Jersey City/NYC for our 3 days prior, and I really don't want to have to hunt down a rapid test center. This would be a nice option to bring and knock out the first morning we get to NYC.

Thanks for the kind words! I am also from LI and originally was supposed to be on the Oasis out of Bayonne. I will keep you posted- please remind me if I forget to reply here… I am active in RC forums - although I have done 3 Carnival cruises!

We just boarded the Breeze and we presented the report from the BinaxNow proctored test and it was accepted. They literally spent more time examining the bottle of wine we brought on than the COVID-19 documents!

Edited by MTtraveler
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Probably a dumb question but you never know… if I buy a multi pack for my wife and I, does this come with multiple virtual visits, or just one for them to make sure you do the test correctly, then you’re on your own for the rest of the tests which would not be accepted?

3 hours ago, bigcstyle4 said:

Probably a dumb question but you never know… if I buy a multi pack for my wife and I, does this come with multiple virtual visits, or just one for them to make sure you do the test correctly, then you’re on your own for the rest of the tests which would not be accepted?

My husband and I did the test this morning.  I went first, finished the session, and logged off.  When my husband took his turn, he logged back in under the same account-the proctor had him log out, create his own account, and log back in.  So long story short, it’s a visit for each kit. But it was very easy to do. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MTtraveler said:

We just boarded the Breeze and we presented the report from the BinaxNow proctored test and it was accepted. They literally spent more time examining the bottle of wine we brought on than the COVID-19 documents!

Thank you for sharing this post and confirming that this proctored home test is acceptable to Carnival. 

We just received our tests for our Sept 18th cruise.  To do the telemed do you just log in the day you want to do the test and wait for someone to answer or can you book it in advance for a specific day?

2 hours ago, mamax2 said:

We just received our tests for our Sept 18th cruise.  To do the telemed do you just log in the day you want to do the test and wait for someone to answer or can you book it in advance for a specific day?

51 minutes ago, Buffalobills said:

Is everyone using this as a backup plan because of issues on testing sites or just using this as your primary source?  

I have same questions, so following the thread.  Thank you all and happy cruising!

1 hour ago, LHARTWICK said:

I have same questions, so following the thread.  Thank you all and happy cruising!

You log in when you’re ready to take the test.  Proctors took us almost immediately, but I have heard that some have had to wait in the queue for a while.  

I had originally planned to use this as our back-up if PCR results didn’t come back in-time, but once Carnival specified they would accept this we decided to use it as the primary test.  We planned to travel from the east to west coast three days before our cruise, so it made the most sense for us to do this.  I really didn’t want to travel only to discover we couldn’t cruise.  Rapid tests are not available in our area unless you have active symptoms. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buffalobills said:

Is everyone using this as a backup plan because of issues on testing sites or just using this as your primary source?  

We have the 6 pack as our primary plan. If needed we will then look at CVS or other local. 

Edited by AtSeaWithChris
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 10:49 AM, exm said:

RC cruiser here. I did the test from eMed for my party of 6 and will use this to checkin tomorrow in Nassau for the Adventure sailing. I can keep you guys posted how it goes.

F3B49D08-98C2-4CD2-A36D-B279A6270E79.jpeg

Thanks exm! We are also a party of 6. I understand that the emed sells the 6-pack kit, but supposedly you can only register 3 names at the time of purchase. There's a lot of conflicting information when people calling emed to inquire whether we can use the 6 packs for 6 people. Were you able to use the 6-pack kit to create 6 different Navica accounts to be used for 6 people? 

Thanks for the information, and that would be super helpful. I know many people on this board is looking for this answer 🙂 , so we don't have to purchase 2 6-pack kits. 

2 hours ago, seapad said:

Thanks exm! We are also a party of 6. I understand that the emed sells the 6-pack kit, but supposedly you can only register 3 names at the time of purchase. There's a lot of conflicting information when people calling emed to inquire whether we can use the 6 packs for 6 people. Were you able to use the 6-pack kit to create 6 different Navica accounts to be used for 6 people? 

Thanks for the information, and that would be super helpful. I know many people on this board is looking for this answer 🙂 , so we don't have to purchase 2 6-pack kits. 

Each adult needs to setup their own account, but the account is not linked to the test kits. You will add children under one of the adult accounts, and when it’s time to test you login as the primary account holder and tell them you are testing a child registered.

The names you submit while purchasing are a technicality to get the prescription.

Please get a spare one, I had one of them that was faulty. If you PM me I am more than happy to sell you 1-2 at cost ($28 each + shipping to you at cost).

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 2:42 PM, Buffalobills said:

We used it as our primary test. We did have appointments scheduled in Houston the day before our cruise last Saturday in case the final results from the Binaxnow test didn't meet the requirements. We log into the eMed site and the proctor had us conduct the test in front of him. We were able to get right on with them - no wait whatsoever. The whole process took less than 25 minutes with about 5-8 minutes of actual video chatting time. The results provided checked all the Carnival requirement boxes, so we gambled and cancelled our CVS appointments. We boarded with the printed test results - the person hardly even looked at our vaccination cards or the test results. All-in-all I would recommend this test. In fact, I'm going to order the 6 pack for our November cruise if Carnival extends the testing requirement.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalobills said:

I ordered them last night they should be here on Monday. I’m still going to have an appointment at cvs as a backup too. 
it does look very easy. The only question I have is when does my husband create a login now or right before we take it?

You will both have to create Navica accounts - the one I created with eMed to order the kits did not work for the actual test. I don't need mine until the end of September, but I went far enough along in the process to figure that out. I never wait until the last minute on anything IT-related😁

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Buffalobills said:

I ordered them last night they should be here on Monday. I’m still going to have an appointment at cvs as a backup too. 
it does look very easy. The only question I have is when does my husband create a login now or right before we take it?

I got an appointment at Quest Diagnostics early in the morning on the Thursday before I sail, bought the emed tests a) as a back up, and b) so I can keep tabs on myself leading up to the cruise (I have a busy September that will put me out in public more than I usually am)

On 8/21/2021 at 11:03 AM, bigcstyle4 said:

You can use it for multiple people. Each person needs to create their own account.

On 8/23/2021 at 3:54 PM, Tonya1965 said:

You log in when you’re ready to take the test.  Proctors took us almost immediately, but I have heard that some have had to wait in the queue for a while.  

I had originally planned to use this as our back-up if PCR results didn’t come back in-time, but once Carnival specified they would accept this we decided to use it as the primary test.  We planned to travel from the east to west coast three days before our cruise, so it made the most sense for us to do this.  I really didn’t want to travel only to discover we couldn’t cruise.  Rapid tests are not available in our area unless you have active symptoms. 

Do the tests have an expiration date? We will be cruising the end of September 2021 and next April, August, and October of 2022. If we get the 6 pack, can we hold on to them until next year and still have them be valid?- as well as having extras for both of us if a test kit is bad?