Sailing out of NY

14 minutes ago, SwimmingDragon said:

I’m going to guess that NCL has already figured out something with Bermuda with doing testing on the cruise before we get there, most likely our first or second day at sea. They will probably announce there will be a fee of 75$ per person to get it (which would cover the cost of the Bermuda Covid testing fee). Anyone who wants to go ashore will have to take the test or cancel their plans to leave ship. The reason I say this is because NCL is already offering people who have to fly home internationally tests before getting back to the US ports. I could be wrong, but this would make sense for this kind of sonario.

I believe they’re only doing antigen tests on the ship, not PCR tests, which require a much more extensive lab and wait time.   As it stands, if everything stays as written, we’ll have three tests — PCR test 4 days before boarding, antigen test at embarkation, then another PCR test to get off the ship in Bermuda. Then optional 4th antigen test before disembarking for anyone who needs it to fly home or whatever. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

NCL hasn't made any official statements about capacity on ships since April.

Frank Del Rio made an official statement at last Friday's earnings Q&A. He stated ships would enter service at 60-70% and if all goes well would be at 100% after 60 days.

45 minutes ago, marthastella said:

Does anyone know if the Bermuda cruises are sailing at full capacity?  

The capacity is determined by how long the ship is back in service (see above)

Hope this helps 🙂

4 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Frank Del Rio made an official statement at last Friday's earnings Q&A. He stated ships would enter service at 60-70% and if all goes well would be at 100% after 60 days.

The capacity is determined by how long the ship is back in service (see above)

Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks so much.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 3:39 PM, JamieLogical said:

Sorry, should have clarified "traveling by air". The US is not currently requiring US citizens to test when returning to the US via closed-circuit cruises, only via international flights.

👍

Really hoping that those of you on the first Bermuda sailings will give the rest of us a step by step guide of the process.  Hopefully with tips for making the process as easy as possible.  Especially for us tech challenged cruisers.  

Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 6:32 PM, EllieinNJ said:

I would be really upset if our 9/26 cruise was changed to the Bahama run.  I'm doing that exact cruise two weeks later (Oct 17) on Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Sea.

Only see NCL making that change if a tropical storm/Hurricane prevents going to Bermuda.

It appears to be nothing more than a money making ploy for Bermuda.  Tourism was down 95% during Pandemic and BDA Government stated in the Gazette a short time ago that they will have to come up with a plan to raise revenue for Tourism...I guess they did.  Equates to Hundreds of thousands of dollars per ship coming in.

Just now, mambopalace said:

It appears to be nothing more than a money making ploy for Bermuda.  Tourism was down 95% during Pandemic and BDA Government stated in the Gazette a short time ago that they will have to come up with a plan to raise revenue for Tourism...I guess they did.  Equates to Hundreds of thousands of dollars per ship coming in.

I am not sure what the margins are there... they are conducting the onboard PCR testing upon arrival in Bermuda. So that $75 is covering the cost of the test itself, the employment of the people conducting the test on board, the employment of the people running the tests in the lab, and the employment of the people processing the Travel Authorization applications. Doesn't seem like a great money making scheme to me....

I'd actually be okay with it being a money maker.  At this point I'd be ready to just pay a $75 fee for a travel visa and not have to do any of the pre-tests and arrival tests.  The stress level of worrying about the timing and logistics of all this is making me crazy.  LOL!

As Jamielogical said the fee probably does get used on the protocols.  And I do feel that the Bermuda government, while wanting to promote tourism, also is working to keep their little island as safe as possible for residents and visitors.

• Like 2