The Silver Moon Food (And Drinks) Extravaganza

M&PGermany

Enjoy your dining experience Lois- LaDame was one of our favorite  venues on the Muse and the Spirit in 2019. It offered an excellent Dover Sole (tableside) but  you should go  with an appetite and pace yourself through the courses-lots of delicious food!

La Dame is the perfect spot for a "special", more intimate evening. Everyone needs to decide whether that is worth the extra charge. We enjoyed it very much.

I think they currently rethink the menu. To be honest there was not a huge difference between La Dame and Atlantide. But again, food was excellent all over the ship! 

22 minutes ago, M&PGermany said:

La Dame is the perfect spot for a "special", more intimate evening. Everyone needs to decide whether that is worth the extra charge. We enjoyed it very much.

I think they currently rethink the menu. To be honest there was not a huge difference between La Dame and Atlantide. But again, food was excellent all over the ship! 

It is all special for me😃.....if I can't find someone to dine with, I just go on my own........intimate evening or not......I have eaten at La Dame on Whisper or Spirit (I cannot recall which one) but it was on my own.....the wait staff is fabulous as is the menu👍

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

It is all special for me😃.....if I can't find someone to dine with, I just go on my own........intimate evening or not......I have eaten at La Dame on Whisper or Spirit (I cannot recall) but it was on my own.....the wait staff is fabulous as is the menu👍

You are free to invite me for dinner any time you wish, Lois 😉

I'll certainly be there.

1 hour ago, M&PGermany said:

Sorry, Gourmet Gal, I missed your question.

Well, this time for me it's impossible to pick a favorite dining venue as all the different restaurants were superb. Very European, very light, excellent dishes all over the ship. And that comes from someone who is very selective and fast with critique 😉.

The SALT concept is super modern, creative and a real game changer. That being said it's very hard for La Dame to come up with something that is really better/fancier than what the other restaurants already have to offer.

We didn't even try Hot Rocks because it was simply way too hot to sit outside (40 deg in Greece).

I would also like to mention that the (included) wines all over the ship were very very good. SALT alone has 60 different wines in stock. If there was a wine I didn't like initially I was offered several other choices. The local Greek wines were excellent as were the Italian choices.

Hope that helps.

All the best.

Very helpful.  Thanks for your reply.  I think you could be right about La Dame.  At least visually, it looks the least interesting to me.  Did you also try Kaiseki?

5 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Very helpful.  Thanks for your reply.  I think you could be right about La Dame.  At least visually, it looks the least interesting to me.  Did you also try Kaiseki?

We didn't go to Kaiseki. Cruising in the 40 degrees Greek islands didn't make us feel the urge to have sushi et al. But it was very busy all the time and we will certainly try it next time. 🙃

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

There are so many venues to choose from, not to mention the excellent room service, it must be hard to fit them all in on a short cruise.

Let alone those that you want to visit several times because you liked them so much. And this was only a 10 days cruise. 😄

I hardly ever use room service. Mostly because I don't want to wake up and be "disturbed". Also because I don't like to give the butlers more trouble than really necessary. Last time I had breakfast in the suite was on the EUROPA 2 ... and that was quite something... 😳

2020753066_Bildschirmfoto2021-08-14um20_12_35.thumb.png.69e6f65c15515ec59f6f8f4aff84d0c1.png

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, M&PGermany said:

Let alone those that you want to visit several times because you liked them so much. And this was only a 10 days cruise. 😄

I hardly ever use room service. Mostly because I don't want to wake up and be "disturbed". Also because I don't like to give the butlers more trouble than really necessary. Last time I had breakfast in the suite was on the EUROPA 2 ... and that was quite something... 😳

2020753066_Bildschirmfoto2021-08-14um20_12_35.thumb.png.69e6f65c15515ec59f6f8f4aff84d0c1.png

I don't think I have ever used Room Service.......maybe once for an afternoon snack? But I am with you on the breakfast......maybe it is odd because so many people love having it in their cabin but I normally wake up and then go back to sleep LOL.....And I know you can have it served at whatever time you want.....now, this may be partially be because I travel solo but I love that morning time with nobody else......no butlers, no cabin attendants.....I can find plenty of breakfast choices after I leave the cabin🙂

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Kaiseki on Muse is far superior than what is found in the Kaiseki of Moon. The reason is that the Muse has a teppanyaki while the Moon does not. The location of the restaurant apparently allowed for the necessary venting on Muse but not on Moon. The main course from the Moon’s kitchen of Kaiseki was just ok and thereby disappointing, and while different was not quite good enough. We were expecting Muse’s standard.

Happy and healthy sailing!

9 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Well, that is exceptionally disappointing to read.  So, is SS still charging $40/pp upcharge to have dinner in Kaiseki on the Moon?

Yes, I do recall they charged for dinner. But remember, food is normally very subjective......some folks like things very much, while others not so much. I think it really depends on the person and their tastes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1