Crown Royal

camper49

• 1 month later...

On Mardi Gras we asked about Crown. We were told that it's kind of like a Pepsi or Coke thing and that Carnival went with Jack Daniels instead. You could purchase all types of Crown flavors in the liquor store. So I don't think its a supply problem. 

44 minutes ago, Houst said:

On Mardi Gras we asked about Crown. We were told that it's kind of like a Pepsi or Coke thing and that Carnival went with Jack Daniels instead. You could purchase all types of Crown flavors in the liquor store. So I don't think its a supply problem. 

Huh?  So Carnival is no longer serving Crown Royal products on their boats at all?  WT entire F? 

I mean why can't they like offer both Crown Royal and Jack Daniels?  Makes no sense to me!  

Sorry, just venting at the situation, not shooting the messenger. 🙂 lol

I guess that means more trips to the Alchemy bar for my upcoming January cruises (well, I usually spend a lot of time there as it is so that wouldn't be much of a hardship)! 😁😆

First World problems huh? lol

4 hours ago, Houst said:

Whoever you spoke to doesn't know what they are talking about.  Pepsi and Coke are both colas.  Crown Royal is a high end blended Canadian whiskey, a step up from Seagrams VO and Canadian Club.  Jack Daniel's is a Tennessee sour mash whiskey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Whoever you spoke to doesn't know what they are talking about.  Pepsi and Coke are both colas.  Crown Royal is a high end blended Canadian whiskey, a step up from Seagrams VO and Canadian Club.  Jack Daniel's is a Tennessee sour mash whiskey.

You nailed it SNJ! It's like saying apples and lemons are fruit. SMH. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JaniceB said:

I am a blended whiskey drinker, never have liked Tennessee sour mash whiskey.  I will try some of the drinks that are made at the Alchemy bar and the Pig and Anchor but probably will not change my mind. 

Tried scotch many years ago and did not like it.  However I tried a drink made with it at the now defunct Molecular Bar on Celebrity and I really enjoyed it.  Came with a piece of crystallized ginger.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You sound like you know what you're talking about. My husband drinks Crown and water. Will Carnival have an equivalent substitution for Crown? Being a gin drinker myself, I don't know Jack (Daniels) about whiskey!

14 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

You sound like you know what you're talking about. My husband drinks Crown and water. Will Carnival have an equivalent substitution for Crown? Being a gin drinker myself, I don't know Jack (Daniels) about whiskey!

No, they will not have an equivalent blended whiskey, only lower quality.

• Like 1

Just off the Horizon last week. I am  a Crown guy myself. When Inasked, here is how it was explanied to me. Carnival has two completely seperate operations, beverage service for the ship, and an outside vendor who run the shops onboard. The vendor for beverage service no longer offers Crown, not certain as to why, but there is no Crown on any Carnival ship at the bars for now. 
The shops still sell it by the bottle. 2/$50 for one liter bottles. Still plentiful in our area of Virginia also. I keep hearing of a shortage, but not shown up here yet. 

My buddy just got off the Pride yesterday and he said that there was Crown at all the bars; even Crown Apple.  

There was also plenty in the Fun Shops to purchase to take home.  

Edited by vacruisin