YC Restaurant Dress Code

zackarykeef

58 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

And your comment above “I will not dress up like that” sounds a little passive aggressive.

You be the judge. If an outfit

like this is not ok, then yeah….too stuffy.

0421DDC8-9037-455B-89AC-C8C76F167AAB.jpeg

Edited by Lisichka
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I actually bought a white dinner jacket for when we went on the Meraviglia, since it was our first time in the Yacht Club. I must be in the minority on this site, the majority of people who comment about dress codes tend to be more of the “ no way I’m dressing up, I’m on vacation, dammit” variety. 😆 

I'm of the "I'm on vacation damn it! No way I'm dressing like dinner at Olive Garden." variety.

807334926_gratedcheese.gif.a737365e94ad63c2eb28b650d66d4783.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lisichka said:

Because the poster said “for dinner that is what should have happened”.  My response merely pointed out that not all cruise lines have this expectation (and as such not all people are aware).

I raised all 4 of my sons as a single Mom and took them on cruises frequently.  They loved it, and had the cruise line expected them to dress up for dinner we would never have made it to the dining room.

And “implied”? Expect MSC to be like Carnival or RCCL?  No clue how you deduct that kind of information from my simple statement.  

For dinner IN THE MSC YACHT CLUB RESTAURANT.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

And again, this has NOTHING to do with the YC requiring men & boys to wear long pants at dinner.  You seem to have a problem staying focused on the actual topic of conversation.

The picture in Post #27 was referring to her post discussing her comfort limit on formal dressing (Post #21) and not the discussion re. the four boys. Entirely lucid, just sayin'.

Just to report back since I started this thread and just got off said cruise…

They definitely were NOT enforcing any dress code in the YC restaurant, including for dinner. The majority of the people looked nice. I did see shorts and flip flops and every t-shirts and hoodies at some point, but this was rare.

I don’t know if it was the reduced capacity, the Caribbean itinerary, or the new post-COVID getting into the swing of things, but just reporting on what I noticed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lisichka said:

like this is not ok, then yeah….too stuffy.

0421DDC8-9037-455B-89AC-C8C76F167AAB.jpeg

I think you look lovely, that ensemble would be perfect in the YC restaurant. 😃

7 hours ago, gtaylor said:

Are you saying that this was at dinner in the Yacht Club restaurant?

Surprised.

I did see shorts and flip flops and every t-shirts and hoodies at some point,

Pics or it didn't happen. 😉 But seriously, this is like saying "I saw a guy run a red light and the cop didn't pull him over, therefore I can run any red light I want because no one will give me a ticket." Good luck with that. In short, the occasional lapse in enforcement doesn't guarantee it will be that way every time. Better to stick to the rules.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gtaylor said:

Are you saying that this was at dinner in the Yacht Club restaurant?

Surprised.

I did see shorts and flip flops and every t-shirts and hoodies at some point,

9 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Pics or it didn't happen. 😉 But seriously, this is like saying "I saw a guy run a red light and the cop didn't pull him over, therefore I can run any red light I want because no one will give me a ticket." Good luck with that. In short, the occasional lapse in enforcement doesn't guarantee it will be that way every time. Better to stick to the rules.

Yes, this was dinner in the YC restaurant.

And trust me…there were definitely some that I wanted to take pics of 🤣 but I’m not going to do that at dinner in YC lol

Also…definitely not recommending this at all. Just reporting on what I saw since this was the topic of the thread.

Again, the overwhelming majority of people were dressed very nicely.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I actually bought a white dinner jacket for when we went on the Meraviglia, since it was our first time in the Yacht Club. I must be in the minority on this site, the majority of people who comment about dress codes tend to be more of the “ no way I’m dressing up, I’m on vacation, dammit” variety. 😆 

I own a Black Tux and a White dinner jacket. I'll wear the black tux when meeting the Captain and the white dinner jacket on the second formal evening. If you don't like dressing up, don't, I will and do every cruise I'm on.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, miataman19 said:

If you don't like dressing up, don't, I will and do every cruise I'm on

I have never owned a white dinner jacket.  Always wanted one, but, as sloppy as I can be at times, what I spill on a white jacket would show more than on my black tux.  Once, I owned a really nice light blue dinner jacket.  But, I out grew it.  

19 hours ago, alyssamma said:

LOL, love it...but at this point in my life the next time I'm in a dressy suit - let alone a tux - I'll be being buried 🙂

I have been thinking that maybe I ought to be dressed in my tux for my eternal cruise.  😀      But, then, I think, do I want to be dressed in that formal shirt forever?  😕

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lisichka said:

like this is not ok,

Looks very appropriate to me.  

Regarding introducing your 4 sons to cruising/traveling, maybe they will come to "blame" their Mother for enjoying cruising just as I "blame" my Mother for my love of travel.  My Mother loved to travel; she took my Brother and me on many trips while we were growing.  (Our Father didn't care to travel much unless he "could pilot the plane or captain the ship".)  How she was able to afford to give us all of those wonderful experiences is something that I will never understand.  I salute you for what you are doing for your sons!  

• Like 2