Port Canaveral Solo

dahirsh

Thinking about booking a cruise out of PC this fall.  I would be driving from out of state and spending the night before either local to the port or no more than an hour out.  What are my options for parking and getting to the ship?  I would rather avoid a shared shuttle at this time.  Hotel with free (or not free) parking and Uber/Lyft?  Park at pier?  Can a solo cruiser drop luggage with the porters before parking?  Or is that not feasible?

I found a hotel with parking and shuttle for my  September B2B.  Since you don't need a shuttle, just look for park and fly options in any of the travel sites.  I think I paid about $130 for a room, 10 days parking and shuttle for 2.  With the cost of parking near the port, you can often get a room for the night before for very little more. 

There are many nice hotels very close to port and offer parking and a shuttle or you can uber to port.  At port there are many good restaurants, Fishlips is my favorite, and good to spend the nite before a cruise enjoying a beverage outside with a great seafood dinner, have a great time.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:17 AM, NSnJW said:

I found a hotel with parking and shuttle for my  September B2B.  Since you don't need a shuttle, just look for park and fly options in any of the travel sites.  I think I paid about $130 for a room, 10 days parking and shuttle for 2.  With the cost of parking near the port, you can often get a room for the night before for very little more. 

Which Hotel?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going in October and driving from Central Florida to Port Canaveral.  I plan on parking at the port.  It's convenient and I can go straight to my car when I disembark.  I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the night near the port before the cruise.  I only live 1 1/2 hours away but traffic can be a big problem.  I'd be really upset if I missed my cruise because of some idiot drivers.  

3 hours ago, dahirsh said:

OP here.  As it turns out I won't be solo, but our current plan is to stay an hour or so out and then park at the port.  Is traffic that bad?

Are you flying into Orlando?  If so, just get past Orlando to stay.  Orlando airport is less than an hour from the port without heavy traffic.  You'll also be away from Disney and Universal so traffic shouldn't be as bad.  I have to drive through the mess since I live southwest of Orlando.  

2 minutes ago, Jacble1214 said:

Are you flying into Orlando?  If so, just get past Orlando to stay.  Orlando airport is less than an hour from the port without heavy traffic.  You'll also be away from Disney and Universal so traffic shouldn't be as bad.  I have to drive through the mess since I live southwest of Orlando.  

driving from North Carolina

28 minutes ago, dahirsh said:

driving from North Carolina

Hi, if you are driving, just go 95 south till you get to 528East......that is going directly to  Cocoa Beach and lots of hotels are there.......no need to go to Orlando at all. You will be near the port in Cocoa.

• Like 1