Bermuda new protection edict!

Marygracie C.

1 minute ago, Russiamomm said:

I’m on the 10/10 sailing.  Honestly I’d be fine with going to the Bahamas for a day or two instead.

i'm also on the 10/10 sailing and i am this close (holding my thumb and forefinger together) to canceling. i have no desire to visit nassau. been there done that many times, by both air and sea.

in any case, sailing to an alternate port is certainly doable, but it gets more complicated when the ship has a scheduled two and a half day stay planned in the port. they would have to make sure the pier was available for that length of time... or just plan a half day or day in the new port and add extra sea days and/or visit additional ports.

21 minutes ago, UKstages said:

i'm not sure what the confusion or controversy around lab q is. i recommended them myself for bermuda's PCR test in a prior post in this thread. all that is being stated is that they return results reliably within 24 hours. i do not think anyone is suggesting getting a required test within 24 hours of the sail date.

lab q remains a terrific option for those in new york city at no cost (assuming you have insurance)

It's not a problem with the lab or that they get results back within 24 hours, the problem is with the opening sentence of the post to which I replied: For those in NY NJ metropolitan area, and those who arrive at the port at least 24 hours ahead of time and don't have their PCR test results..

in particular the statement "and those who arrive at the port at least 24 hours ahead of time and don't have their PCR results". Taking the COVID test 24 -48 hours prior to the embarkation date will not permit you to satisfy Bermuda's requirement that you submit your COVID test results with your Travel Authorization application and receive approval of that application prior to arriving at the pier for embarkation. It's a fundamental part of Bermuda's travel requirements.  That application together with the negative COVID test result needs to be submitted to Bermuda 2 to 3 days before embarkation in order to receive the approved Travel Authorization.

BTW...if you read the other thread in which that post appears I think you'll find an admission by the poster that they were wrong and would have edited the post if the allotted time in which edits can be made had not elapsed.

Edited by njhorseman

2 minutes ago, UKstages said:

i'm also on the 10/10 sailing and i am this close (holding my thumb and forefinger together) to canceling. i have no desire to visit nassau. been there done that many times, by both air and sea.

in any case, sailing to an alternate port is certainly doable, but it gets more complicated when the ship has a scheduled two and a half day stay planned in the port. they would have to make sure the pier was available for that length of time... or just plan a half day or day in the new port and add extra sea days and/or visit additional ports.

On a 7 day cruise out of NYC the only alternative to 3 days in Bermuda is Canada/NE (which isn't an option these days) or Bahamas/Florida. Not enough time to go to to many other places. I don;t see NCL going to Bermuda for less then the planned 3 days unless they have to arrive late or leave early due to weather.

22 minutes ago, UKstages said:

i'm not sure what the confusion or controversy around lab q is. i recommended them myself for bermuda's PCR test in a prior post in this thread. all that is being stated is that they return results reliably within 24 hours. i do not think anyone is suggesting getting a required test within 24 hours of the sail date.

lab q remains a terrific option for those in new york city at no cost (assuming you have insurance)

No controversy about the lab. There was confusion because the poster who mentioned them was implying that people traveling to NYC the day before the cruise could use them for PCR testing because of the 24 hour turn around time. It would be too late for people to submit their TA at that point.

18 minutes ago, UKstages said:

I agree about logistical issues with ports.  I can see them simply going to their private island.  I’d be ok with that - one or two beach days or just stay on the ship.  I also have no desire to go to Nassau or Freeport again.

I believe Bahamas has similar travel requirements.

I have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, do I need to take a PCR or Antigen test to travel to The Bahamas?

• Effective August 6, 2021, those travelling to The Bahamas from other countries who have been fully vaccinated will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or PCR), taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas. The name and address of the lab where the test was performed must be clearly displayed on the test result.

29 minutes ago, josephine678 said:

I believe Bahamas has similar travel requirements.

I have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, do I need to take a PCR or Antigen test to travel to The Bahamas?

• Effective August 6, 2021, those travelling to The Bahamas from other countries who have been fully vaccinated will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or PCR), taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas. The name and address of the lab where the test was performed must be clearly displayed on the test result.

Actually this is much easier.  One would think that the antigen test that NCL gives on the pier would satisfy this for everyone on the ship.  Even if it didn’t, an antigen test is easier, faster and usually cheaper, if not free.

12 hours ago, UKstages said:

We're on the Breakaway 9/26 and 10/3, I don't mind if they change ports, or heck even stay in the ocean the whole time. As long as I'm on a ship and not at work, I'll be happy. So we were on the Breakaway when Hurricane Dorian forced them to kick everyone off in New Orleans rather than return to Miami (which they did right after anyway.. but that's another story..) and we had extra sea days as a result. I think as long as they can dock and get more fuel and load supplies, extra sea days wouldn't be so hard. I just hope they don't cancel altogether.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, imacruiser99 said:

Be aware that it looks like Bermuda has changed the navigation to the TA process for cruises.  It is not a separate link under the main page, but under the "Are you Immunised" limk.

Or you can go to the cruise page directly, and that web address is unchanged:

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

32 minutes ago, goldmom said:

I did click through, but they still aren't showing any sailing dates which they ask you to select in order to complete the form.  So, basically everyone is still waiting.

That is as expected. Bermuda has stated they will not be putting the form for any cruises on line until 5 days prior to the embarkation date.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yamiangie said:

Well if they switch we'll have to know soon since we still then have to do the The Bahamas Travel Health Visa.

No visa required for Bahamas when arriving by cruise. Royal and Disney are both sailing there already, no visas required, just all vaccinated and tested, which we’ll all be already. 

Edited by psac

5 minutes ago, yamiangie said:

Well if they switch we'll have to know soon since we still then have to do the The Bahamas Travel Health Visa.

that is not needed for cruises that leave out of the US. The Bahamas visa is only needed for cruises that start and end in the Bahamas 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25620-bahamas-updates-testing-rules-for-vaccinated-cruise-guests.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yamiangie said:

The "Bahamas Health Visa" for cruise passegers appeared one day.....and was gone "the next" (by the next week anyway).  I guess they came to their senses. 

both jamielogical and njhorseman are correct regarding lab q and the original comment.

my apologies.

i somehow missed that the poster was suggesting getting a test 24 hours before embarkation... and that clearly won't do. i can confirm, however, that lab q is good with reliable 24 hour test results, but clearly you gotta get there in time to meet the deadline requirement for bermuda travel authorization!

• Like 1

It seems to more strongly indicate the test results should be done and uploaded by Thursday. 

>>You can begin your TA application within a month of your cruise departure date but it must be completed no later than 72 hours before your departure day else you may not be approved to enter Bermuda before the cruise departs.<<

20 minutes ago, shof515 said:

on the application it requires  Contact number while in Bermuda . what phone number do i put? my cell phone will not work in bermuda. should i put the ship emergency contact number?

originally under the posted description, we would’ve taken the last PCR test in Bermuda and you would’ve gotten the results emailed to you, and you wouldn’t be able to leave the ship without the email. Meaning everyone needed to have cellular service or wifi!!  Hopefully the on-site connectivity  is no longer needed with NCL doing that second PCR test at the pier…

Ok, now I am very confused again.  I am on the 10/10 sailing.  I went to the Bermuda TA application and filled it out.  It asks for passport number, cruise confirmation etc but I don't see anyplace to attach the negative covid 19 test (which I will not have until 10/7 hopefully).  Are we supposed to submit and pay for for this now and then later upload the test results 3 days before the cruise or just wait until 3 days prior and then fill out the application and upload it then?  And regardless of when submit it, I do not see where to provide the test results on the application.  

7 hours ago, eynsteinp said:

Ok, now I am very confused again.  I am on the 10/10 sailing.  I went to the Bermuda TA application and filled it out.  It asks for passport number, cruise confirmation etc but I don't see anyplace to attach the negative covid 19 test (which I will not have until 10/7 hopefully).  Are we supposed to submit and pay for for this now and then later upload the test results 3 days before the cruise or just wait until 3 days prior and then fill out the application and upload it then?  And regardless of when submit it, I do not see where to provide the test results on the application.  

I am so glad it is not only me. I also could not find anything pertaining to uploading the test.