LIVE - Equinox 8/15/21 - Ultimate Caribbean - It’s finally here!

aring75

4 hours ago, aring75 said:

Also. To those of you preparing for your upcoming Equinox cruise…

Enjoy it. Enjoy the planning. Enjoy traveling to the port. Enjoy stepping onto this beautiful ship for the first time in so long. 

Enjoy relaxing. Enjoy exploring. Enjoy the amazing service. Enjoy just being at sea. 

I have no doubt you will. 

Mark and Angela, like the rest of our fellow CC followers, I want to thank you for all the great photos, info and suggestions. We sail on EQ on 5 Sept and thanks to you both, we have our itinerary planned out and I can't miss the ABBA sing-a-long. Thanks again and I hope to follow you on your next sailing. God Speed and have a safe trip home.

• Like 4

Hello again, "aring75."

We have another favor to ask, but we apologize if it seems to be too big a favor!

Would it be possible for you to display the special list of wines-by-the-glass that are available to people who go to "Le Petit Chef at Qsine"?  If so, we thank you very much.

We are extremely grateful for the other restaurants' lists that you have displayed (i.e., those from the MDR, from Tuscan Grille, from Murano, and from Sushi on 5).

Curious, Does Qsine have an alternate menu (non- Le Petit Chef) night? For our original few time on Reflection, Qsine had a fun-quirky menu which we loved. The dancing chef can only entertain for so long.... A fair amount of time ago, but thought we'd ask.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, justcon said:

Curious, Does Qsine have an alternate menu (non- Le Petit Chef) night? For our original few time on Reflection, Qsine had a fun-quirky menu which we loved. The dancing chef can only entertain for so long.... A fair amount of time ago, but thought we'd ask.

I can answer this.  Pretty much since weeks after the introduction, it's always Petit Chef.  They do switch between menus, though - original and Petit Chef and friends.

I've always thought it was once and done, but I've now done it a few times with different people who haven't done it before.  I usually have OBC to cover it, but if I only see it once more when they introduce the third animation, I won't feel that my life would be less complete.

I experienced the old Q'sine once, wish they still had it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I can answer this.  Pretty much since weeks after the introduction, it's always Petit Chef.  They do switch between menus, though - original and Petit Chef and friends.

I've always thought it was once and done, but I've now done it a few times with different people who haven't done it before.  I usually have OBC to cover it, but if I only see it once more when they introduce the third animation, I won't feel that my life would be less complete.

I experienced the old Q'sine once, wish they still had it.

I enjoyed Q-sine (the original Q-sine concept) a couple times on Silhouette & Reflection.  For my upcoming Equinox sailing I noticed they recently changed the available Le Petit Chef options.   The original Le Petit Chef is there and it appears to be the new one as well, Le Petit Chef and Family.  It wasn't like this a couple of weeks ago (It was originally Le Petit & Le Petit and Friends).  I knew the new menu was going to be on the Apex but it seems it may be working it's way to other ships.   They also originally had Le Petit Chef at the second half of the cruise but now it's showing on the first half of the cruise.   The new menu also has a different alternate menu.

We're on the same upcoming sailing so if the new menu is actually offered, you can try it.  😃

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jg51 said:

Hello again, "aring75."

We have another favor to ask, but we apologize if it seems to be too big a favor!

Would it be possible for you to display the special list of wines-by-the-glass that are available to people who go to "Le Petit Chef at Qsine"?  If so, we thank you very much.

We are extremely grateful for the other restaurants' lists that you have displayed (i.e., those from the MDR, from Tuscan Grille, from Murano, and from Sushi on 5).

We will not be visiting Le Petite Chef this cruise, but this is the wine menu as displayed in the app. 

F93C8302-24D4-4E0F-A818-FC8AB8FC7DBE.thumb.png.10ef5449a8c184d1ddcd3a0e521cde60.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovetocruise0999 said:

Wow! I'm impressed. Book interior room, this morning applied for balcony move up for $400.00. Just now received upgrade. 7th deck. That was the quickest and easiest upgrade I've ever done.

Wow! Which cruise? $400 total? I just did the same thing. Nothing yet from Celebrity. 

Appetizers

Mark had the Double Baked Blue Cheese Soufflé. This was excellent. It has a blue cheese flavor, but it’s not just one big piece of baked blue cheese. It’s really pretty mild and tastes great with the sautéed red onions. 

D60502C4-2413-4FA1-919D-AB06BA887F51.thumb.jpeg.3c9e8eed89ea276341c57ea6bf981ee6.jpeg

I had the Scallops Rockefeller. It was good, but Mark’s cheese soufflé was better. 

C5D2536F-837F-4641-8683-E069BD48A7E2.thumb.jpeg.327e932985abf69878fbd71d39236a4c.jpeg

• Like 1

I had the kale salad and loved it. The toasted, caramelized pecans were delicious.

0E101B72-D73E-468D-9A57-663E41713A8B.thumb.jpeg.620ed721031fb237c17459d0fc09ecaa.jpeg

Mark had the prosciutto and arugula salad and said he liked it. 

342384C4-9EC2-4CE2-BC19-3F2A23F81736.thumb.jpeg.5956ff63234db1696e5882263ccde71f.jpeg

Mark had the herb crusted haddock filet. He said the fish was good, but it had too much breading. 

2799BCA3-A400-4736-8C69-6B7EB52B72F3.thumb.jpeg.e8e54002a15f94799e0801d14fe1bf19.jpeg

And I went with the lobster tail. Because…of course I did.

88F19427-37A9-4884-A13B-1796BF734C65.thumb.jpeg.a89e11c15e1e17ee7f781c036748e99f.jpeg 

• Like 4

Dessert. 

785CD3F5-DCCB-4874-97BA-E909845CF586.thumb.jpeg.53d5c4e9961c336e4481bf57dc397626.jpeg

Neither of us understands the cruise ship fascination with Baked Alaska. We remember the parades. Still don’t get it. 

Do Mark got apple pie. It has raisins in it, people. You’ve been warned. 

F487634B-8F89-4E43-9D6D-6EC023E471F8.thumb.jpeg.aa41227b59becb1f184b7bd85bf877d2.jpeg

I had the chocolate cake. Tonight it was so dense it was like a fudge cake. 

I am not complaining. 

2C974B62-B8CA-4832-88E6-E2CE0E6B9482.thumb.jpeg.425aa5e5a6721e2674e23d30c832499a.jpeg

Edited by aring75
  • Like 4

Dear "aring75,"

Thanks again for posting the app's wine list from Qsine, a bit earlier today.

Here's something different ...

May we ask you to have a look at pages 33 and 34 of the thread?  We may have lost track, but we think that, when you went most recently to Murano for dinner (Tuesday night), you may not have remembered to post the MDR's dinner menu.

If we are right about that, we will thank you in advance for filling in that gap (MDR dinner #10 of 12). 

Your photos of food are the best we've seen at CruiseCritic in our eleven years here!

Edited by jg51