LIVE - Equinox 8/15/21 - Ultimate Caribbean - It’s finally here!

aring75

If you are fine using the Celebrity-provided toiletries, there’s plenty of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel.

A9128F32-2DBE-4919-B031-A168DEA80504.thumb.jpeg.880f7828c129accf71bb6be9c0d91180.jpeg

Also hand soap and lotion. 

3DAE329A-9CA8-4D36-A704-5F13734EA18F.thumb.jpeg.884e30ca17398fea93ec8b8834a0fb7a.jpeg

There’s still a tray in the shower for people who bring their own. 

B01246A3-5E3F-4BCC-8722-947EBBCA8BC2.thumb.jpeg.daebedbe38ca229e6d13e52dcc9a5fb7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aring75 said:

And just in case you were wondering, they put a color indicator on the tracelet so you know which is which. 

3D135D9B-4FE0-4656-8421-C9CFC6FDFAA0.jpeg

If you showed your CDC card as well as a negative antigen test prior to boarding, I’m curious why they gave you tracelets. Did everyone get one as, except for handing out tracelets, that’s pretty much the same experience we had when boarding the Edge on our Aug 7th cruise. We are also on the Aug 14 Edge cruise and no one is wearing a tracelet. 

• Like 1

On our cruise the stickers fell off the tracelets. If someone on the cruise comes down with COVID, they use the tracelet info to figure out who else had close contact with the infected so they know who else to test. People forget that they have them on and go into the pool, so I’m not sure how well they actually work. 

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If you showed your CDC card as well as a negative antigen test prior to boarding, I’m curious why they gave you tracelets. Did everyone get one as, except for handing out tracelets, that’s pretty much the same experience we had when boarding the Edge on our Aug 7th cruise. We are also on the Aug 14 Edge cruise and no one is wearing a tracelet. 

The tracelets are used to know who may have come in contact with a passenger or crew member who later tests positive for COVID.

Edited by aring75
Autocorrect hates me.
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aring75 said:

The travelers are used to know who may have come in contact with a passenger or crew member who later tests positive for COVID.

Understand. It just sounded like an expensive overkill effort since everyone had to produce a negative PCR/antigen test as well as proof of vaccination prior to boarding. But I guess one can never be too careful.

The mattresses are hard. Mark says “firm.” He’s being nice. 

We brought a cheapo egg crate mattress topper that I ordered from target . com. So very happy about that now. 

6237F750-D6A7-42B8-9898-EC829E49F1DF.thumb.jpeg.4140e781425550ce34e0374c19ab6377.jpeg

Already met our stateroom attendant. He’s going to put it on later tonight. We will leave it at the end of the cruise and consider it the best $19 we’ve spent in a while. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Understand. It just sounded like an expensive overkill effort since everyone had to produce a negative PCR/antigen test as well as proof of vaccination prior to boarding. But I guess one can never be too careful.

I definitely get what you are saying, but since they’ve had unvaccinated people test positive as well, I think this will probably continue for the foreseeable future. 

They did tell us not to swim or take a shower with it. As long as we bring it with us to the pool, that’s supposed to be sufficient. I can’t imagine it’s as big a deal outdoors anyway. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Edge has facial recognition for tracing.  Equinox doesn't so they have tracelets.  My negative test doesn't guarantee I'll stay negative.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, goofysmom99 said:

Edge has facial recognition for tracing.  Equinox doesn't so they have tracelets.  My negative test doesn't guarantee I'll stay negative.

Thanks! That explains the different protocols on these two ships. Hopefully the Apex has facial recognition as well as we will be on her in November.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 8:11 PM, Cruisin_FL_Girl said:

Hi! My sister and I are new cruisers (well new-ish, we took a 3 night Carnival cruise once a few years ago). We will be in this cruise with you!! Just got our negative tests back today and we are so excited for a twelve day cruise. Will we love it or are we going to regret going from three nights to twelve nights??? I hope we aren’t to spoiled after this! Lol. 

Yes you will be spoiled and will never go back. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

I have most everything unpacked. I don’t feel like I can relax until the stuff is put away. Storage is adequate. I’m one of those people who probably packs too much, but I like choices. And my own shampoo. 

0429412D-F506-475B-98FA-69CA5B4AAED1.thumb.jpeg.2f86a449aae04a84dafa5bab1b4c3fc9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpg.6ceaad2caa0b468d9a58aa28e5c4737e.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.58e738c97559fa44a88e29b7785eadb3.jpg

Brought the magnetic hooks. Love. 

3FD0AD64-DEE2-415E-83B7-14B0A4E1D77F.thumb.jpeg.e7574a817dd3095848db46e1aeebf5a3.jpeg

CEDA8E03-FC9A-484E-985D-02DE57E92B87.thumb.jpeg.def7a65f58b74bb943b8ad9d332c2a2d.jpeg

1485D955-6594-4442-B66E-8DA925BD66E3.thumb.jpeg.a466f330724e4d324bcf69a97fb2e873.jpeg

We take 6 - 8 cubes for the overhead storage.  Fantastic design feature.  Never understood why it gets slammed by some reviews.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

Many of the drinks can be made to fit the classic package. You can tell the bartender and they will let you know if they can substitute a different liquor to make it fit the classic limit. Also, keep in mind that you don’t have to order from the menu. We got a piña colada and a frozen mojito. You can get both of those on classic. 

Just a lower shelf of booze.  Drink enough and it won't matter.  We ain't driving.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mary and I are  following you on the next Equinox cruise!  Could you let us know who the Captain, Staff Captain, Hotel Manager and Captain's Club Host/Hostess is? We love to know before boarding!

Thank you 

On 8/13/2021 at 9:05 PM, aring75 said:

Hi jg51 and thanks for the kind words. I will definitely take photos of the MDR menus. Not sure if they are doing printed menus right now or if they are suggesting we use the app. I will let you know what I find. 

Hi, 

I'm just coming to this thread so I apologize if this has already been answered, but I can tell you that we were given traditional menus in all restaurants that we went to: Murano, Tuscan Grill, and MDR. The menus are also available in the app. 

FWIW, I didn't get nearly all of the menus when we were onboard recently, but I do have quite a few, along with lots of food photos. Link in my signature.

Aring75, I'm a little behind reading this and you aren't even on board yet (as far as I've gotten) but I already love your review. Can't wait to see more!  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2