Looking to book our first Celebrity cruise

carmenOH

Jan 3rd on Celebrity Equinox. Have sailed with Royal (10 cruises) and Princess (5 cruises). Have never booked directly on line because we have a contact with both of these cruise lines that help us pick out our rooms and help with other details. Any tips in this area?

How are the balcony rooms on this ship? Thoughts on this ship in general?

Thanks.

35 minutes ago, carmenOH said:

Jan 3rd on Celebrity Equinox. Have sailed with Royal (10 cruises) and Princess (5 cruises). Have never booked directly on line because we have a contact with both of these cruise lines that help us pick out our rooms and help with other details. Any tips in this area?

Thanks.

Hello, "carmenOH."

We highly recommend the Equinox to you -- for dining, service, some entertainment, etc..  We have been aboard this ship for three long cruises, totaling 43 nights -- so it must be pretty good, no?

However, we must defer to others to talk to you about balcony/veranda staterooms (which we always avoid).

We recommend that you NOT book online, but instead get help -- over the phone -- from a Celebrity Certified Vacation Planner (or, better yet, a Captain's Club representative -- since you are a seasoned RCI guest and therefore a CC member, by reciprocity).  Here is the Captain's Club number: 1-844-418-6824 -- and make sure that you tell them that you are a Crown and Anchor Society member who wants to cruise on a Celebrity ship for the first time.

Go, Buckeyes!

Oh come let’s sing Ohio’s praise
And songs to Alma Mater raise
While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still.
Summer’s heat or winter’s cold
The seasons pass the years will roll.
Time and change will surely show
How firm thy friendship … OHIO!

These jolly days of priceless worth
By far the gladdest days on earth
Soon will pass and we not know
How dearly we love Ohio.
We should strive to keep thy name
Of fair repute and spotless fame
So in college halls we’ll grow
And love thee better … OHIO!

Though age may dim our mem’ry’s store
We’ll think of happy days of yore
True to friend and frank to foe
As sturdy sons of Ohio.
If on seas of care we roll
Neath blackened sky or barren shoal
Thoughts of thee bid darkness go
Dear Alma Mater…OHIO!

We always take a balcony on any cruise line. The Celebrity are on par with other lines. We always try to book Concierge class rooms as we like to breakfast on our balcony. We are currently booked in a hump room balcony for January. We’ve never had one before but I’ve read they are bigger. Going to give it a try. I think you will love Celebrity. We introduced friends who have sailed RC and now prefer Celebrity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cg52 said:

We always take a balcony on any cruise line. The Celebrity are on par with other lines. We always try to book Concierge class rooms as we like to breakfast on our balcony. We are currently booked in a hump room balcony for January. We’ve never had one before but I’ve read they are bigger. Going to give it a try. I think you will love Celebrity. We introduced friends who have sailed RC and now prefer Celebrity.

Agree, balcony is a must for me

25 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Agree, balcony is a must for me

Suite is a must for me

not sure of your status on rccl but they should match it on Celebrity possibly giving you some perks . If diamond then you will be elite on Celebrity.

1 hour ago, carmenOH said:

Thanks.

I would suggest going thru a Celebrity Vacation Planner as they are very helpful and know the ships.  Go with any veranda but avoid an obstructed view.  You will have a great time and I think the food is better on Celebrity.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jg51 said:

Hello, "carmenOH."

We highly recommend the Equinox to you -- for dining, service, some entertainment, etc..  We have been aboard this ship for three long cruises, totaling 43 nights -- so it must be pretty good, no?

However, we must defer to others to talk to you about balcony/veranda staterooms (which we always avoid).

We recommend that you NOT book online, but instead get help -- over the phone -- from a Celebrity Certified Vacation Planner (or, better yet, a Captain's Club representative -- since you are a seasoned RCI guest and therefore a CC member, by reciprocity).  Here is the Captain's Club number: 1-844-418-6824 -- and make sure that you tell them that you are a Crown and Anchor Society member who wants to cruise on a Celebrity ship for the first time.

Go, Buckeyes!

Oh come let’s sing Ohio’s praise
And songs to Alma Mater raise
While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still.
Summer’s heat or winter’s cold
The seasons pass the years will roll.
Time and change will surely show
How firm thy friendship … OHIO!

These jolly days of priceless worth
By far the gladdest days on earth
Soon will pass and we not know
How dearly we love Ohio.
We should strive to keep thy name
Of fair repute and spotless fame
So in college halls we’ll grow
And love thee better … OHIO!

Though age may dim our mem’ry’s store
We’ll think of happy days of yore
True to friend and frank to foe
As sturdy sons of Ohio.
If on seas of care we roll
Neath blackened sky or barren shoal
Thoughts of thee bid darkness go
Dear Alma Mater…OHIO!

Thank you for the info and Go Bucks!

Just returned from Celebrity Equinox Eastern Carribean cruise Sunday the 15th. I usually cruise with Azamara bit with covid issues we decided to try Celebrity. It was excellent. Main dining room was very good but specialty restaurants were excellent. Service was outstanding, everyone was very friendly and ship was very clean. I would highly recommend! we were in a veranda with balcony and was very happy with it.