How was boarding today 8/14 with the new covid testing requirements?

cyclist_guy1

I can't be the only one interested in how boarding went for all the ships that are embarking today with the new covid testing requirements.

Can anyone who boarded today or even ones who got denied due to either not taking a test or failing a test tell us how it went?

• Like 10

Also interested. We’re up, next Saturday, b2b on Vista. Testing Wed, then, a two day drive to Galveston. Feeling  pretty optimistic for a nice trip! It’s our third and fourth cruise since starting up.

Edited by 2Shoes2Go
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Also interested. We’re up, next Saturday, b2b on Vista. Testing Wed, then, a two day drive to Galveston. Feeling  pretty optimistic for a nice trip! It’s our third and fourth cruise since starting up.

We did that drive 2 or 3 times from Georgia to Galveston - once with 4 kids! 

• Like 2

Arrived at Pier 1 in Galveston early (9:30). At about 10 we were allowed to enter the terminal (we were in Group A, 10:30-11:00). 
We walked right up to one of the check in agents. Got the normal 3 or 4 health questions, she checked our docs and we were sent to the general waiting area. 
There was NO area set aside for suites, priority, HC etc. It was one big waiting room. 
Boarding began at 11:30

EZPZ

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Arrived at Pier 1 in Galveston early (9:30). At about 10 we were allowed to enter the terminal (we were in Group A, 10:30-11:00). 
We walked right up to one of the check in agents. Got the normal 3 or 4 health questions, she checked our docs and we were sent to the general waiting area. 
There was NO area set aside for suites, priority, HC etc. It was one big waiting room. 
Boarding began at 11:30

EZPZ

so they check negative test and vaccine card? ok . have a great trip.

33 minutes ago, stellarose said:

so they check negative test and vaccine card? ok . have a great trip.

Yes. Asked to see both. We had both docs ready for their review. The agent looked at everything then put a rubber stamp (OK Carnival with a ✔️) on our boarding g passes and sent us along. 
interestingly, she also wrote a 4 digit numerical code at the bottom of our boarding passes. I heard one of the roving supervisors whisper to her to remember to do this. No idea what it was for. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

Can you please tell me where you parked and if it was convenient. I'm considering VIP Parking because it's close but is also the most expensive. First time out of Galveston, so looking for any advice

Our first time too. We opted for convenient rather than the least expensive. 
Parked directly across from the walk in entrance to Pier 1. The address is 150

Rosenberg. (There’s a big 150 on the side of the building at Rosenberg and Harborside Dr.). Two levels of indoor parking and one level (uncovered on the roof). First come for the best spots. 
There are a slew of parking options up and down Harborside Dr. each tries to look more “official” than the other. We parked in one of the properties property owned by the Port of Galveston. They call the garage Lot A. 
The POG owns two other lots that are outdoor surface lots. They are down at 33rd street. Pier 1 is at 25th St. if you don’t mind the walk, they are less expensive. These are Lot B and Lot C. 
it was all very confusing to me so we reckoned

the situation last night to be sure we had it down. 
BTW- we paid $112 for 7 days with the prepay discount. 
Let me know if I left anything out that you want to know. 

Edited by Bgwest
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

Can you please tell me where you parked and if it was convenient. I'm considering VIP Parking because it's close but is also the most expensive. First time out of Galveston, so looking for any advice

We always park at the official Port of Galveston parking lot. It's right across the street from the cruise terminal. I drop off the wife and bags at the terminal, then go park the car, then catch the shuttle that runs every 5 or 10 minutes(if I don't want to walk across the street...but it's a big & busy street) and it takes me right to the terminal. Easy, peasy. Here's the link:

https://www.portofgalveston.com/9/Cruise

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

We always park at the official Port of Galveston parking lot. It's right across the street from the cruise terminal. I drop off the wife and bags at the terminal, then go park the car, then catch the shuttle that runs every 5 or 10 minutes(if I don't want to walk across the street...but it's a big & busy street) and it takes me right to the terminal. Easy, peasy. Here's the link:

https://www.portofgalveston.com/9/Cruise

“Right across the street” and “a shuttle that runs every 5 or 10 minutes”?

We have to be talking about different places. 

Right across the street (Harborside Dr) is just that,  a10 second walk across the street to Pier 1. 
image.thumb.png.149a0cbdb8e0af3a978418aaa79686df.png

65697017-F22C-4C9B-B29B-4F431EF77104.png

52 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

“Right across the street” and “a shuttle that runs every 5 or 10 minutes”?

We have to be talking about different places. 

Right across the street (Harborside Dr) is just that,  a10 second walk across the street to Pier 1. 
image.thumb.png.149a0cbdb8e0af3a978418aaa79686df.png

65697017-F22C-4C9B-B29B-4F431EF77104.png

Yes, I've seen that. It's not anywhere close to the check in location. And if you want to go alllll the way up the pedestrian cross over, and allll the way back, I can see your point. It does appear closer. And how much do you pay for parking? We paid $87.00 for our 7 day Vista cruise. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Yes, I've seen that. It's not anywhere close to the check in location. And if you want to go alllll the way up the pedestrian cross over, and allll the way back, I can see your point. It does appear closer. And how much do you pay for parking? We paid $87.00 for our 7 day Vista cruise. 

I really appreciate everyone's help. The Port garage parking (150) is giving me a price of $92.17 for our 5-day Breeze cruise next week. Was your Vista cruise awhile ago and the prices have gone up or is there a Discount code I can use? (... and yes I'm a Virgo penny pincher)

Was anyone able to just print out their test results and show that? I noticed that ones I've gotten before don't have QR/Barcodes for them to scan or anything. Just want to make sure that's ok. Not really sure how they verify it's authentic.

11 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Joe, with all due respect, your observations are a bit daft and are doing a disservice to those who are looking for a clear understanding of the port parking situation. 

if you want to go alllll the way up the pedestrian cross over, and allll the way back, I can see your point. It does appear close”

Joe, LOOK at the photo I posted. THE CHECKIN LOCATION IS DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE GARAGE. 

My original post on the subject advised how much I paid for parking. 
The fact that you paid $87 for 7 days means you parked in Lot A, Lot B or Lot C. All of which are surface lots owned and operated by the POG but both DISTANT from Pier 1 and both DEFINITELY NOT the garage where we parked. 
You mention “the pedestrian crossover”. If you are referring to the elevated crossover that goes over Harborside Dr, it is presently closed. 

For anyone confused by all of this, see the diagram  below. We parked in the Garage (small blue square). Joe parked in either Lot A, Lot B or Lot C. 
I added to the confusion earlier by mistakenly referring to the Garage as Lot A. Mea Culpa. 

Note that the Garage is DIRECTLY across from Pier 1 while the others are a shuttle ride (or a longish walk) away. 

image.thumb.jpeg.cb79a71d718e8b1404a4e0b5ab758fab.jpeg

1 hour ago, wikoffclan said:

I really appreciate everyone's help. The Port garage parking (150) is giving me a price of $92.17 for our 5-day Breeze cruise next week. Was your Vista cruise awhile ago and the prices have gone up or is there a Discount code I can use? (... and yes I'm a Virgo penny pincher)

Our Vista cruise is right now. Departed yesterday morning. 
The $112 we paid was for 7 days. Guessing the two additional days accounts for the difference in what you paid. 
We didn’t have a discount if any sort. 

1 hour ago, Cammyho said:

Was anyone able to just print out their test results and show that? I noticed that ones I've gotten before don't have QR/Barcodes for them to scan or anything. Just want to make sure that's ok. Not really sure how they verify it's authentic.

1 hour ago, bobbismith said:

My test results from the doctor do not have anything to scan. I believe they just review them.

Bobbi

In our case (YMMV), we were asked to produce our documents. Guessing a screen capture or electronic doc would have worked just as well, don’t know for sure. 
We got our tests on Wednesday before a Saturday sailing at a local CVS. They sent our results electronically within an hour. We printed those docs and put them with our passports and CDC vax cards. 
Done. 

Our results did NOT contain anything to scan. Just a doc describing the test and saying we were negative. 

Without a document of some sort or some form of proof to present at boarding, I fear that you won’t be allowed to board. All of their communications thus far have been very, very specific. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Joe, with all due respect, your observations are a bit daft and are doing a disservice to those who are looking for a clear understanding of the port parking situation. 

if you want to go alllll the way up the pedestrian cross over, and allll the way back, I can see your point. It does appear close”

Joe, LOOK at the photo I posted. THE CHECKIN LOCATION IS DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE GARAGE. 

My original post on the subject advised how much I paid for parking. 
The fact that you paid $87 for 7 days means you parked in Lot A, Lot B or Lot C. All of which are surface lots owned and operated by the POG but both DISTANT from Pier 1 and both DEFINITELY NOT the garage where we parked. 
You mention “the pedestrian crossover”. If you are referring to the elevated crossover that goes over Harborside Dr, it is presently closed. 

For anyone confused by all of this, see the diagram  below. We parked in the Garage (small blue square). Joe parked in either Lot A, Lot B or Lot C. 
I added to the confusion earlier by mistakenly referring to the Garage as Lot A. Mea Culpa. 

Note that the Garage is DIRECTLY across from Pier 1 while the others are a shuttle ride (or a longish walk) away. 

image.thumb.jpeg.cb79a71d718e8b1404a4e0b5ab758fab.jpeg

Bgwest, than you for your detailed analysis of the POG parking lots. I was working off memory of 2 years ago, and I was mistaken. You are correct. The parking garage is a LOT closer to the terminal than in Lot A, where we are to park. Thanks! 

41 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

@Bgwest thanks for the heads up!  I print out everything in case my phone glitches out 😜.  I even have a printed out verification from our state health dept of our vaccinations.  Covering my butt!

I did exactly the same thing!! CYA

Better to have too much than not enough. 
It occurred to me with my CDC card being hand written, it sure looked like it might be too easy to falsify. That led me to obtain a document from my state health department to have is an official back up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Do we think that this type of 72 Hour testing will continue? It may possible go away if the Cruise population abides by the onboard rules? 

Thoughts? 

Pure speculation at this point.  It's the requirement now.  And I would be careful about using the 72 hour label.  Carnival is using the 3 day rule meaning anytime during the 3 days immediately prior.