Using Future Cruise Credit as OBC

cruise101

I have not had that experience.    They apply it at time of either making reservation or at final payment.   I had some left over and they issued new FCC in then unused amount, which I had applied to a different cruise.

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have not had that experience.    They apply it at time of either making reservation or at final payment.   I had some left over and they issued new FCC in then unused amount, which I had applied to a different cruise.

I had the exact experience.  When I applied some FCC to the final payment I found that FCC only applies to  the cruise fare amount.  It could not be applied to port fees and taxes.  Since the FCC was slightly higher than the final payment amount I was issued yet another FCC.  

4 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I had the exact experience.  When I applied some FCC to the final payment I found that FCC only applies to  the cruise fare amount.  It could not be applied to port fees and taxes.  Since the FCC was slightly higher than the final payment amount I was issued yet another FCC.  

The good news was on one cruise they allowed me to apply 4 FCC's (2 each) to the cruise.  

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The good news was on one cruise they allowed me to apply 4 FCC's (2 each) to the cruise.  

Again, we had the same experience.  With "regular" FCCs Celebrity does not allow more than one per passenger, but the "global suspension" FCCs can be "stacked."  During pre-covid times we spent 60 to 90 days a year on a Celebrity ship.  We have so many FCCs as a result of the global suspension I was thrilled to be able to use more than one per passenger.  

We were actually on the Solstice on a B2B2B2B when Celebrity ceased passenger operations, so have a number of FCCs.  To keep track of them my husband has them listed on a spread sheet.  

And appreciate the OP coming back to thank those that provided responses. Sometimes we never hear back from the OP on what some outcome is out their decision is after others helping. 

Nice OP here. 

den