Heresy!

Robin7

It's heresy! My sister's husband was offered a free cruise at work and TURNED IT DOWN! "We like to stay home." If we didn't look so much alike, I'd wonder if we were related. They also declined a free trip to Ireland a while back. Aaaaaaaaaaargh.

Robin

We have friends, through our church, who do travel...but it's only because he initiates the travel. She would rather stay at home :eek:

Sort of reminds me of my late husband and I. DH would have been perfectly happy staying home and watching sporting events on T.V. forever, but realised that if he wanted to keep his beloved wife happy then he was going to have to get off his rear end and travel at least a couple of times a year. Once I had him thoroughly convinced that he would have a great time, had made all the travel arrangements and actually managed to get him to the airport or cruise terminal on time he really did have a sensational cruise or land trip.

The only thing that still ticks me off is that he would try to convey to our fellow travellers that it was his idea in the first place.

Valerie:D

Sorry Robin,

I just realised that I got off topic by replying to Herb's post instead of yours, as OP.

Is there any reason that your sister's husband couldn't have accepted the free cruise and given it to you instead?

They also gave up a free trip to Ireland? Oh Life can be so unfair since there are so many of us around who would love to have a free cruise or a free trip to Ireland. Maybe in my next life I'll be so lucky?

Valerie:)

Is there any reason that your sister's husband couldn't have accepted the free cruise and given it to you instead?

I wish! It is a work trip. It is given to employees and sales-associates only. I'd have taken it in a heartbeat if I could!

They also gave up a free trip to Ireland?

His dad won the trip, and his mom refused to go, so dad offered to give it to my brother-in-law. When they refused, he gave it to his younger son who had the good sense to accept it!

I wish we were so lucky, too!

Robin

Wow! Heresy indeed. What a travesty. Hard to comprehend anyone turning down a free cruise. Even if it were business related and meetings were held some of the time, it would be well worth it to just be on a ship IMO. Oh well. Different strokes ...

My brother in law would also turn dwn a free cruise if he won one. He refuses to cruise! My sister went with us and my mother once, but not only refused to go but threatened to not be there when she returned! He just knows he would hate it and thinks cruise ships are evil.

We have friends, through our church, who do travel...but it's only because he initiates the travel. She would rather stay at home :eek:

I know quite a few people who do not like to travel. Also, sometimes it's a health issue in that one of the couple does not feel well enough to travel, so the other one stays home too.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I have an aunt and uncle who have more money than the Treasury can print, and they go NOWHERE.

They could afford THE grandest suite on THE grandest ship for THE grandest cruise imaginable and not bat an eyelash financially, but it just doesn't appeal to them.

Like the others mentioned here, they would rather stay home. They are not misers by any means, they live well. Travel just doesn't float their boat (*LOL* Ok a little pun intended )

They see everyone elses pics from their trips and hear all their stories and think its nice, but just don't care to go.

THERE IS JUST NO JUSTICE IN THE WORLD *LOL* :)

babyher - my in-laws were the same way re travel (and could well afford it). I kept telling them that if they didn't go out and spend that money that one day we would. They're gone now and we're out doing the traveling they should have done and using some of their money to do it.

We always make it a point to raise a toast to them the first nite out.

babyher - my in-laws were the same way re travel (and could well afford it). I kept telling them that if they didn't go out and spend that money that one day we would. They're gone now and we're out doing the traveling they should have done and using some of their money to do it.

We always make it a point to raise a toast to them the first nite out.

God bless you and enjoy every trip you take.

Life is too short

Enjoy:)

mAN,

FREE JUST THE WORDS WOULD MAKE ME SO HAPPY, I WOULD BE PACKING AND PLANNING IN A HEART BEAT.

SORRY, I WOULD SAY THEY ARE DISTANT RELATIVES TWICE REMOVED, THAT MUST BE SOME KIND OF EMOTIONAL IMBALANCE.

LHC

Archived