Captain Kate

somat

24 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

In the long run it doesn't matter but you have been a CC member long enough to know that there are Captain, Cruise Director, and Entertainment groupies who will book a cruise based on who is on board. 9 times out of 10 I don't know who any of these people are until I run into them on the ship. The one time I might know before hand is if I read it on CC or join the roll call or FB group. It never made a difference on any of my sailings in the past 30 years. 

On another lines board, a person posted that they were appalled that the ships captain and senior officers never made any effort to meet those in upper suites and barely acknowledged them when passing in the hallway.  They said it was one of the reasons they decided to move to another line in the future.  Problems, problems, problems!  🙄 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

On another lines board, a person posted that they were appalled that the ships captain and senior officers never made any effort to meet those in upper suites and barely acknowledged them when passing in the hallway.  They said it was one of the reasons they decided to move to another line in the future.  Problems, problems, problems!  🙄 

I have to say no matter what line I have traveled on, I have never had anyone from the guy polishing the handrails to the Captain not acknowledge me if we passed and made eye contact.  Some people walk around with puss face and look unapproachable.  I'm sure that was more likely the case especially if they are complaining about it.  It also sounds like they were an entitled bunch.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

How would the captain and senior officers even know they were passing somebody staying in an upper suite when they passed them in the hallway?  It sounds like a pretty egocentric person posted this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

How would the captain and senior officers even know they were passing somebody staying in an upper suite when they passed them in the hallway?  It sounds like a pretty egocentric person posted this. 

There are plenty of those that need to be recognized to feel special.  I have seen it in my many years of hospitality work, the ones where its kind of a waiting on hand and foot to please them.   I have always felt acknowledged on celebrity, like some have mentioned everyone from the cleaners to sr staff always make one acknowledged.  I have observed many people who dont acknowledge back in any form but its always the fun part when in a large social setting to watch and  observe peoples behavior, ingrained in me from running many large events.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

These people must date back to the days of one or two suites on board a 500 passenger ship

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

These people must date back to the days of one or two suites on board a 500 passenger ship

Apparently on their move to Viking they fawn over these folks, which he/she seems to think important

• Like 1