Just back from the Magic... a few thoughts

Frank12

1 hour ago, matymil said:

Hey one last question. Did you by any chance go to the pizzeria and if so are they slow like before or did they upgrade to how they are doing it on the Mardi Gras?

I was on the Magic 8/21 - 8/26. Pizza was good - there was never a line that I saw at the pizzeria, and usually no one there at all. When I'd order pepperoni they'd go to the back and bring one that I assume was pre-made and reheated (and tasted fine).

• Like 1

Thanks for the update everyone, I’ll be on the Magic in 6 days in a spa balcony and am so excited!!! I was wondering about sushi options, when I had booked her a year ago I thought she had Bonsai Sushi but I just looked at all the food options and don’t see any sushi except as a tray delivered to your room. Even the Glory had sushi and she’s older. 
Also did anyone go to the thermal spa? Is it crowded? Do you have to wear a mask relaxing on the heated chairs? 
Thanks in advance! 😊

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rdh rules said:

Thanks for the update everyone, I’ll be on the Magic in 6 days in a spa balcony and am so excited!!! I was wondering about sushi options, when I had booked her a year ago I thought she had Bonsai Sushi but I just looked at all the food options and don’t see any sushi except as a tray delivered to your room. Even the Glory had sushi and she’s older. 
Also did anyone go to the thermal spa? Is it crowded? Do you have to wear a mask relaxing on the heated chairs? 
Thanks in advance! 😊

I believe there's a small sushi stand on Promenade near the lanai area, but it's not branded Banzai Sushi and it's not designed attractively, just for function. (I think they are using the counter that used to be used for tasting.)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rdh rules said:

Thanks in advance! 😊

We will be on Magic in 6 days as well!!  Just waiting to really celebrate until we get our Covid test results🤞

• Like 2

We're sailing on the Magic the first week of October. I've got 3 kids under 12 kids traveling with us, I was wondering if anyone knows what's available for the kids to do on board? I've seen that the kids clubs are closed, but are there any fun things for the kids to do on this ship? It'll be our first time on Magic. Thanks for any info!

5 hours ago, jenybeen said:

We're sailing on the Magic the first week of October. I've got 3 kids under 12 kids traveling with us, I was wondering if anyone knows what's available for the kids to do on board? I've seen that the kids clubs are closed, but are there any fun things for the kids to do on this ship? It'll be our first time on Magic. Thanks for any info!

We are sailing October 7th with 2 kiddos. Last sailed her in 2017. Mine love the water slides and mini golf. Finally tall enough for the ropes course and able to stay awake for movies at the pool. They also enjoy the Lanai for hot tubs, games/cards, people watching and Uno/Guess Who/Connect 4/other small travel games anywhere on the ship. They love Blue Iguana’s food and playing foosball in Red Frog. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 7:44 AM, newpherchris said:

I was on the Magic 8/21 - 8/26. Pizza was good - there was never a line that I saw at the pizzeria, and usually no one there at all. When I'd order pepperoni they'd go to the back and bring one that I assume was pre-made and reheated (and tasted fine).

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I wasnt sure how to word that, i guess they adopted the method that Mardi Gras is using because it used to take ages to get pizza. We are sailing with a toddler that literally only eats pizza, meatballs and chicken so i doubt we will be in the MDR at all lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canton Cruiser said:

What about the Diamond/Platinum return party,

Is that still going on and do they still serve free drinks and appetizers ?

Was on Aug 7th, they had the Diamond/Plat party, but only served drinks, no appetizers. received the invite in our cabin.

This is interesting. I have been reading the reviews here by St George and others saying the Mardi Gras is crowded with only 3600 and the face masks are recommended but not enforced. Completely opposite of the magic. I have a September 11th Mardi Gras booked that I am thinking of canceling and have a Magic in November that I am looking forward to going on. Who knows. They did say their embarkation was a mess also.