Pride of America - is it worth it.

latebuyer

In canadian dollars pride of america will cost 5000 for a studio which seems awfully expensive. Have solos found it worth it? I’m in Vancouver so i could also travel from there for cheaper although i don’t think the itinerary is as good. Also do you still get solo activities on poa, i thought there were only a few studio cabins.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:17 PM, christinand said:

In canadian dollars pride of america will cost 5000 for a studio which seems awfully expensive. Have solos found it worth it? I’m in Vancouver so i could also travel from there for cheaper although i don’t think the itinerary is as good. Also do you still get solo activities on poa, i thought there were only a few studio cabins.

I seriously considered a POA cruise as a solo in 2019 wanting to book a veranda cabin.  The cruise price was ridiculous.  On a per day basis, it was some multiple of what I paid for a solo outside cabin on a HAL world cruise.  Add the air fare to get to/from Honolulu along with a day or two in a hotel in Honolulu, it was easy to conclude that this cruise was not worth the cost.  

Yes I agree. I was looking at a trip to Spain and Portugal for 15 nights and it would have cost about the same as the pride of america cruise. I am now looking at a radiance of the seas hawaii cruise although i may wait until 2023 when i can get a solo cabin. The only thing i'm wondering if NCL ever has no single supplement on the regular rooms on POA.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 4:19 PM, christinand said:

Yes I agree. I was looking at a trip to Spain and Portugal for 15 nights and it would have cost about the same as the pride of america cruise. I am now looking at a radiance of the seas hawaii cruise although i may wait until 2023 when i can get a solo cabin. The only thing i'm wondering if NCL ever has no single supplement on the regular rooms on POA.

It was back in 2018 that I got a room on POA for $999. I put in a bid for an upgrade and got ocean view which was not worth the extra $$$.

The hitch was that it was 3 weeks out and was for late October, which is the slower season. Also with timing my air was pretty high but the combined price was still far less than the usual cruise only fare. 
It can happen, you just have to be vigilant on checking rates and being flexible 

• Like 1