No test results yet , yikes !!!

4 hours ago, Bleueyes44 said:

I forgot to add my test results finally came through on Sat. 4 days after taking test. When I  called Walgreens they did inform me it is sent to Tenn.for testing  I live in California  so that may explain why it takes do long. I think the 3 day turn around could be a problem.

I'm cruising again in October out  of Fort Lauderdale I  am going to do my homework as to where I  can get a rapid test when I  get there.

I wonder if TN is the only place Walgreens sends their test to... 

Not sure if you read, we did the PCR test (not the rapid test) at CVS and had our results in 24 hours... I'm surprised Walgreens is slow, especially with people needing travel tests done 

4 hours ago, Bleueyes44 said:

I forgot to add my test results finally came through on Sat. 4 days after taking test. When I  called Walgreens they did inform me it is sent to Tenn.for testing  I live in California  so that may explain why it takes do long. I think the 3 day turn around could be a problem.

I'm cruising again in October out  of Fort Lauderdale I  am going to do my homework as to where I  can get a rapid test when I  get there.

Good luck. I’ve checked all the Walgreens and CVS’s within 150 miles from PC and there are ZERO appts available for Friday. I need it for Monday. 

27 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Good luck. I’ve checked all the Walgreens and CVS’s within 150 miles from PC and there are ZERO appts available for Friday. I need it for Monday. 

test available at Orlando airport 

https://centracare.adventhealth.com/urgent-care/covid-19-testing-orlando-international-airport

2 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

Thanks.
I should have clarified, free or low cost. 
I’m not paying $$$ for a test. 
Royal should do this for a nominal fee of $25 pp

Edited by scorpluvsdolphins

31 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Thanks.
I should have clarified, free or low cost. 
I’m not paying $$$ for a test. 
Royal should do this for a nominal fee of $25 pp

Why should Royal absorb the cost for you to get tested?  

If you were to fly out of the US to any of the countries/islands your cruise will visit you would be required to test prior to arrival, possibly sign up for a health visa with that country and test again before you re-enter the US.     All of that would be at own expense.   

So because Royal requires you to test to board their ship they should only charge you $25 or nothing?     You realize if they did that ALL passengers would end up paying more for their cruise fare.

And how do you expect Royal to test 600 to 2000 +/- passengers, depending on the ship and max capacity at the time, in a couple of hours?

1 hour ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

did you check all these places?    

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS887US887&tbs=lf:1&tbm=lcl&q=covid+testing+sites+near+port+canaveral,+fl&rflfq=1&num=10&ved=2ahUKEwijncf7mcjyAhWrEVkFHX3RBuUQtgN6BAggEAM

most urgent call centers do walk ins and do the rapid antigen test.    there are a couple in that area.   

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Why should Royal absorb the cost for you to get tested?  

If you were to fly out of the US to any of the countries/islands your cruise will visit you would be required to test prior to arrival, possibly sign up for a health visa with that country and test again before you re-enter the US.     All of that would be at own expense.   

So because Royal requires you to test to board their ship they should only charge you $25 or nothing?     You realize if they did that ALL passengers would end up paying more for their cruise fare.

And how do you expect Royal to test 600 to 2000 +/- passengers, depending on the ship and max capacity at the time, in a couple of hours?

Because we have people that are sick in Brevard County that don’t have insurance and  have nowhere to get tested. The person at CVS yesterday flat out told me that they are booked up within mins. of the opening window, mostly for travel. 

FYI:  Many people live in Florida or fly in early. 
They could set it up on Thursday for Sunday cruises and Friday for Monday cruises and Tuesday for Friday cruises. 

Why are you assuming everybody would want to get tested at the pier?  I am more than willing to get tested on my own, but there are NO appointments.  Most everyone flying in or driving a long distance would prefer to get tested near their home. 

Let’s give Brevard County a break, if you don’t have an ID address for Brevard County, you can’t get tested at Walgreens or CVS. 
Problem solved. 

I have insurance, so I’ll go to a walk in clinic on Friday. 

4 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Because we have people that are sick in Brevard County that don’t have insurance and  have nowhere to get tested. The person at CVS yesterday flat out told me that they are booked up within mins. of the opening window, mostly for travel. 

FYI:  Many people live in Florida or fly in early. 
They could set it up on Thursday for Sunday cruises and Friday for Monday cruises and Tuesday for Friday cruises. 

Why are you assuming everybody would want to get tested at the pier?  I am more than willing to get tested on my own, but there are NO appointments.  Most everyone flying in or driving a long distance would prefer to get tested near their home. 

Let’s give Brevard County a break, if you don’t have an ID address for Brevard County, you can’t get tested at Walgreens or CVS. 
Problem solved. 

I have insurance, so I’ll go to a walk in clinic on Friday. 

I am simply responding to your post that you Cannot find any where to get tested and royal should do it for free or for $25.     

If Royal told everyone they were going to test you for free or for $25 at the cruise terminal, majority of cruisers that drove to the port will take Royal up on that so they don't have to look for places to get tested.    

Of course, people who are flying to port want to test at home before they spend money on a flight to find out they were positive and cannot board the ship,     

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am simply responding to your post that you Cannot find any where to get tested and royal should do it for free or for $25.     

If Royal told everyone they were going to test you for free or for $25 at the cruise terminal, majority of cruisers that drove to the port will take Royal up on that so they don't have to look for places to get tested.    

Of course, people who are flying to port want to test at home before they spend money on a flight to find out they were positive and cannot board the ship,     

Thanks for clarifying.
I hope Brevard County takes whatever action they can to stop this. Our county free health department has become overwhelmed since cruising has started. 

This wasn’t a problem before August. 

I’m in 2 different groups in Brevard County that help people that are struggling.
Multiple posts, daily begging for information on where to get tested for free. These are people without health insurance. 

51 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Thanks for clarifying.
I hope Brevard County takes whatever action they can to stop this. Our county free health department has become overwhelmed since cruising has started. 

This wasn’t a problem before August. 

I’m in 2 different groups in Brevard County that help people that are struggling.
Multiple posts, daily begging for information on where to get tested for free. These are people without health insurance. 

That is sad to hear of this issue but that's great you are part of 2 groups to help people!

I'm sure they are very appreciative.

It does sound that county may need to set up additional testing sites like some counties/cities did last year.  

Have you had any communications with your County Dept of Health thru the groups you are part of?

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is sad to hear of this issue but that's great you are part of 2 groups to help people!

I'm sure they are very appreciative.

It does sound that county may need to set up additional testing sites like some counties/cities did last year.  

Have you had any communications with your County Dept of Health thru the groups you are part of?

I was slow to put 2+2 together. 

I’m letting the admins of the two groups know and will be calling our county commissioners tomorrow. 

From our research, we are the only county in Florida that has any group, let alone 2, started in 2020 and continues to help to this day. 
Cor***vir** Mutual Aid and People helping People. 
Brevard, itself needs a testing site like last year. 
Hopefully, I’ll find out they are working on it. 

• Like 1

If we are on a Saturday cruise is there a time when we can get the test taken on the Wednesday before…not sure how strict they are from the 72 hours. 72 hours from arrival at pier or just 72 hours from Saturday morning.

Also, is the CVS test free?

1 minute ago, ptf2009 said:

If we are on a Saturday cruise is there a time when we can get the test taken on the Wednesday before…not sure how strict they are from the 72 hours. 72 hours from arrival at pier or just 72 hours from Saturday morning.

Also, is the CVS test free?

It's by day not by hour.  So you could get it it 12.01 AM Wed for a Saturday Cruise.  

• Haha 1

Just now, DeanD said:

It's by day not by hour.  So you could get it it 12.01 AM Wed for a Saturday Cruise.  

Just now, DeanD said:

Thank you. Is the CVS test free?

is the antigen test the quick result and the one that isn’t up to the brain?

13 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Thank you. Is the CVS test free?

is the antigen test the quick result and the one that isn’t up to the brain?

Does CVS or Walgreen's do anything for free?  Whether it would be covered under insurance would depend on the insurance.  Locally they tend not to be covered at all not even just for a copay.  But we have other free or included testing in our area with one major option 6 days a week 8-4 that can do both Antigen and PCR testing.  We're going to double up on a PCR on Thursday and Friday for a Sunday Sailing and then get an Antigen test on the Friday as a backup since some of our PCR tests locally through LacCorp have been taking up to 4 days and very often at least 72 hrs.  A few weeks ago I was getting them back routinely at 48 hrs but I've had few that have come in that quickly lately and most have been between 52 & 72 hrs (LabCorp sends out results in batches).  

1 hour ago, DeanD said:

We're going to double up on a PCR on Thursday and Friday for a Sunday Sailing and then get an Antigen test on the Friday as a backup since some of our PCR tests locally through LacCorp have been taking up to 4 days and very often at least 72 hrs.

Three tests, including two PCR, when a rapid antigen test would suffice?  No wonder some people can't get an appointment at all or are waiting over 72 hours for PCR results🙄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Three tests, including two PCR, when a rapid antigen test would suffice?  No wonder some people can't get an appointment at all or are waiting over 72 hours for PCR results🙄

I hear what you’re saying but in this case, that would not be accurate.  The 2 PCR’s are self administered through my office and the Ag test is a walk up option where no appt is required.  Unfortunately we’re traveling and if there are test problems, we will have very few options.  Dealing with this on a daily basis I’ve seen Ag and PCR test results never come through and recently, PCR tests taking 4 days to come back.  Actually I got one back yesterday afternoon that was done on Friday morning for a patient.  I did look at scheduling an Ag test in or around th J’ville to Daytona area as a back up if the PCR didn’t come through by Saturday but didn’t partly because that would have taken an appointment slot.  It doesn’t take many reports of people having test result issues to cause me to remember one of my motto’s, “A pessimist is an optimist with experience”.