New requirements in the Bahamas

whirlybird3

16 hours ago, whirlybird3 said:

This also effects the private islands including Castaway.  I wonder what changes will be implemented. 

I sail on 9/13 on the Dream, and if I had two guesses they would be:

1. Since its not legal to sail only sea days, DCL pays a huge sum of money to the Bahamas to let them enter Castaway Cay with two days there  - not going to Nassau.

2. DCL changes it medical requirements so as to only allow fully vaccinated passengers.  

Of course I'm never right on anything, so perhaps they will cancel the cruises or work out some last minute deal with the Bahamas

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jrbeccles said:

1. Since its not legal to sail only sea days, DCL pays a huge sum of money to the Bahamas to let them enter Castaway Cay with two days there  - not going to Nassau.

2. DCL changes it medical requirements so as to only allow fully vaccinated passengers.  

Of course I'm never right on anything, so perhaps they will cancel the cruises or work out some last minute deal with the Bahamas

It will be very interesting on what Disney is going to do with the itineraries or perhaps a temporary policy change. 

Dear Guest,

All of us at Disney Cruise Line hope you and your family are staying well. We are reaching out with important information regarding your upcoming sailing.

Beginning September 3 until November 1, 2021, The Bahamas will require that all cruise ship passengers ages 12 and older be fully vaccinated in order for a ship to be allowed entry into any of its cruise ports, including private islands like Disney Castaway Cay.

To comply with this new requirement, all Guests ages 12 and older on your upcoming sailing must be fully vaccinated to board the ship. Approved vaccines include those produced by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson. Please note, in accordance with CDC guidelines:

• Guests who have received both doses of Moderna, Pfizer or AstraZeneca are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second dose has been administered.
• Guests who have received Johnson & Johnson are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving one dose.
• Guests with both one dose of Moderna and one dose of Pfizer are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second dose.
• Guests who have received one single dose of a vector vaccine (e.g. AstraZeneca) and one single dose of a mRNA vaccine (e.g. Pfizer, Moderna) are not considered fully vaccinated.
• Guests must provide proof of vaccination by uploading their vaccination card to the Safe Passage by Inspire website no later than 24 hours before their sailing. Guests who choose not to provide proof of vaccination to meet the requirements of The Bahamas will not be permitted to board the ship.

Guests under the age of 12 must still provide proof of a negative lab-based COVID-19 PCR test taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the sail date by uploading their test results to the Safe Passage by Inspire website. They will also be required to undergo a second COVID-19 PCR test administered by Inspire Diagnostics at the terminal prior to boarding.

Guests on a sailing to The Bahamas (including Disney Castaway Cay) departing from September 3, 2021, to prior to November 1, 2021, may modify their sail date or cancel their sailing without any Disney-imposed cancellation fees by contacting your travel agent by September 3, 2021. Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines, as well as travel insurance, are not refundable. Refunds will be processed back to the original form of payment. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply for any cancellation or modification requests received on or after September 4, 2021.

We appreciate your understanding of the need to change our policies to comply with the Bahamas’ new requirements. The health and safety of our Guests, Cast Members and Crew Members is a top priority.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

Site updated as well.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

IMPORTANT: Sailings beginning September 3, 2021 until November 1, 2021

For sailings to The Bahamas beginning September 3, 2021 until November 1, 2021, The Bahamas will require that all passengers ages 12 and older be fully vaccinated in order for a ship to be allowed entry into any of its cruise ports, including private islands like Disney Castaway Cay. Learn more here and check back soon for updates to our Know Before You Go information.

On 8/24/2021 at 12:54 PM, ArthurUSCG said:

Site updated as well.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

IMPORTANT: Sailings beginning September 3, 2021 until November 1, 2021

For sailings to The Bahamas beginning September 3, 2021 until November 1, 2021, The Bahamas will require that all passengers ages 12 and older be fully vaccinated in order for a ship to be allowed entry into any of its cruise ports, including private islands like Disney Castaway Cay. Learn more here and check back soon for updates to our Know Before You Go information.

Which I hope goes much Longer,like years.

• Like 1

The site has been updated again. They eliminated the Nov1st expiration of the vaccine requirement.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/?fbclid=IwAR0BnVmB4Gsdi9sQUNPdsMwDovR2cxvaE8fi-p4TiFB2KfZl57wh0KGP1H0%2F

In order to sail, Guests 12 years of age and older must be vaccinated and upload their proof of vaccination to the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics. Guests 11 years of age and under must upload proof of a negative pre-trip COVID-19 test to Safe Passage. The test must be a rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted. A parent or legal guardian will need to use their own account to provide this information on their behalf. All Guests, regardless of age and vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test administered by Inspire Diagnostics at the terminal before boarding. Learn more below.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 3:09 PM, jrbeccles said:

2 happened.

3 hours ago, coldflame said:

2 happened.

It rarely occurs!

I just wish DCL would settle down and solidify requirements. Now, even if vaccinated, we have to do a rapid test at the terminal before boarding. Of course it starts 9/13 which is my sail date. I'm guessing it delays getting on board at least an hour

56 minutes ago, jrbeccles said:

It rarely occurs!

I just wish DCL would settle down and solidify requirements. Now, even if vaccinated, we have to do a rapid test at the terminal before boarding. Of course it starts 9/13 which is my sail date. I'm guessing it delays getting on board at least an hour

I'm betting even though PAT was moved up by 2 hours, the boarding time will be about the same time.

2 hours ago, jrbeccles said:

It rarely occurs!

Several people have reported that they waited 25-30 minutes for the test results at the port today.

29 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Several people have reported that they waited 25-30 minutes for the test results at the port today.

This might seem like a silly question, but did you hear if they're charging for the tests? 

I know they are for the 12 and under group before the cruise unless they use a third party.  It makes sense that it would not be an extra charge at the port for the rapid test, but no one clarified it so far.

Side question for anyone who knows, is a rapid test less uncomfortable than a regular PCR?  My DW is worried about it.  I told her that it's really not that bad, but I'll admit to never having one yet.

Edited by ChrisCJR

1 hour ago, ChrisCJR said:

This might seem like a silly question, but did you hear if they're charging for the tests? 

I know they are for the 12 and under group before the cruise unless they use a third party.  It makes sense that it would not be an extra charge at the port for the rapid test, but no one clarified it so far.

Side question for anyone who knows, is a rapid test less uncomfortable than a regular PCR?  My DW is worried about it.  I told her that it's really not that bad, but I'll admit to never having one yet.

I'm not sure, but I believe I read that they're not being charged for the test at the port, but any pre-test (before port arrival) costs are on the passengers.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I'm not sure, but I believe I read that they're not being charged for the test at the port, but any pre-test (before port arrival) costs are on the passengers.

No charge for the test if you are vaccinated. 

I'm confused about the PAT change time. My Online checkin PAT is 11:15. I've gotten nothing from DCL saying its changed ( in fact I've gotten nothing telling me about the new vaccine test at the port). 

Do yopu think my PAT has gone from 11:15 to 9:15?

• Thanks 1

Just now, jrbeccles said:

No charge for the test if you are vaccinated. 

I'm confused about the PAT change time. My Online checkin PAT is 11:15. I've gotten nothing from DCL saying its changed ( in fact I've gotten nothing telling me about the new vaccine test at the port). 

Do yopu think my PAT has gone from 11:15 to 9:15?

If your online check in time says 11:15, it's my opinion that's what time it is.  I would doubt they would move check in times that early as people are still leaving the ship/port at that time.

• Like 1

We sail on November 8th on the Dream and there is conflicting info on the testing required and the costs.  I'm on hold right now with Disney cruise line trying to get clarification.  While waiting for someone to answer the phone, the recording says you have to pay for the test ($65) at the terminal and it will be charged to your folio.  They are also requiring pre-testing 3 days to 24 hours prior to date of sailing.  That is not what their website says.  It states that Disney will be paying for the testing at the terminal required for embarkation.  That's a huge disparity in information!

On top of that the recording mentions having to have trip insurance but the website has removed that as they are now requiring 12 and older to be vaccinated.  There is a letter listed in post #7 above that states the pre-testing can be 5 days in advance of the cruise.  As we are flying to Orlando on Saturday November 6th, doing a Disney park on the 7th and driving over to Port Canaveral on the 8th to board the ship, that conflicting information on the pre-cruise testing is huge.  If we have 5 days prior, that will be much easier to accommodate than a 3 day limit.  After all, everyone has to do the pre-cruise PCR test, wait 2-3 days for the results to be received, then upload them to the safe passage website (Inspire Diagnostics) within their 24 hour deadline.   Inspire Diagnostics has changed their requirements for uploaded documents to be no earlier than 15 days prior to sailing instead of the previously advertised 30 day window.

I realize the cruise lines are all scrambling to meet the requirements that the CDC is demanding not to mention the Bahamian Government, but it needs to be consistent and concise information.  We are just like most everyone else.  We are taking our 2 adult kids and 5 grandkids for a party of 9 traveling from 2 different states; we've paid for Disney hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise, airline tickets, and we have already purchased the 1 day Disney park passes since you have to do that now to make park reservations.  On top of the pricing going through the roof Disney has made it next to impossible for the average Joe (and retirees like us) to do a Disney trip with their family.  My dilemma is if I cancel the cruise I know I can get my money back but I will have to eat the airfare and park tickets.  Just frustrated right now......

19 hours ago, breenw said:

We sail on November 8th on the Dream and there is conflicting info on the testing required and the costs.  I'm on hold right now with Disney cruise line trying to get clarification.  While waiting for someone to answer the phone, the recording says you have to pay for the test ($65) at the terminal and it will be charged to your folio.  They are also requiring pre-testing 3 days to 24 hours prior to date of sailing.  That is not what their website says.  It states that Disney will be paying for the testing at the terminal required for embarkation.  That's a huge disparity in information!

On top of that the recording mentions having to have trip insurance but the website has removed that as they are now requiring 12 and older to be vaccinated.  There is a letter listed in post #7 above that states the pre-testing can be 5 days in advance of the cruise.  As we are flying to Orlando on Saturday November 6th, doing a Disney park on the 7th and driving over to Port Canaveral on the 8th to board the ship, that conflicting information on the pre-cruise testing is huge.  If we have 5 days prior, that will be much easier to accommodate than a 3 day limit.  After all, everyone has to do the pre-cruise PCR test, wait 2-3 days for the results to be received, then upload them to the safe passage website (Inspire Diagnostics) within their 24 hour deadline.   Inspire Diagnostics has changed their requirements for uploaded documents to be no earlier than 15 days prior to sailing instead of the previously advertised 30 day window.

I realize the cruise lines are all scrambling to meet the requirements that the CDC is demanding not to mention the Bahamian Government, but it needs to be consistent and concise information.  We are just like most everyone else.  We are taking our 2 adult kids and 5 grandkids for a party of 9 traveling from 2 different states; we've paid for Disney hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise, airline tickets, and we have already purchased the 1 day Disney park passes since you have to do that now to make park reservations.  On top of the pricing going through the roof Disney has made it next to impossible for the average Joe (and retirees like us) to do a Disney trip with their family.  My dilemma is if I cancel the cruise I know I can get my money back but I will have to eat the airfare and park tickets.  Just frustrated right now......

Unfortunately,  this is a self inflicted wound by DCL. They kept trying to be less restrictive instead of jumping to what they currently have and they couldn't keep up with the changes.

Testing needs to be done 3 days before the sailing. The shorter time frame is causing issues with some in my Thanksgiving cruise as well, since they will be in WDW as well. It would be ideal if WDW worked with Centra Care Urgent Care by Disney Springs to have drive thru or quick testing, along with bus transportation.

Edited by ArthurUSCG

• 3 weeks later...

We are cruising in Feb 22 and so we’ve been making payments, plus it’s a replacement for a cruise twice canceled…so we decided to splurge for a 7 night. Well now who knows if 7 nights will be going and what the rules will be. I know no one can help the uncertainty. Makes it very hard to swallow buying flights and booking hotels for school vacation week when it’s so in the air. Add in that our friends we are cruising with are not vaccinated so if that requirement remains idk what they will decide to do. So sad! Vacation planning is usually my escape from stress! 

On 9/27/2021 at 6:22 PM, Babyruthc said:

We are cruising in Feb 22 and so we’ve been making payments, plus it’s a replacement for a cruise twice canceled…so we decided to splurge for a 7 night. Well now who knows if 7 nights will be going and what the rules will be. I know no one can help the uncertainty. Makes it very hard to swallow buying flights and booking hotels for school vacation week when it’s so in the air. Add in that our friends we are cruising with are not vaccinated so if that requirement remains idk what they will decide to do. So sad! Vacation planning is usually my escape from stress! 

Given the low vaccination rate in the islands, due to lack of supply., I don't foresee the vaccination requirement changing.