Mardi Gras Naming Ceremony

RoperDK

Does anyone know a rumored date for the Naming Ceremony?  John Heald mentioned during his coffee with me video this morning that he would be sailing on the Mardi Gras again in connection with the Naming Ceremony.  He said probably in October, but didn't know the date yet.  What happens during the Naming Ceremony?  Since the MG is already sailing, I assume it happens with passengers onboard.  We sail on Oct. 30 and think it would be wonderful to be on the ship when this happens.  

6 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Does anyone know a rumored date for the Naming Ceremony?  John Heald mentioned during his coffee with me video this morning that he would be sailing on the Mardi Gras again in connection with the Naming Ceremony.  He said probably in October, but didn't know the date yet.  What happens during the Naming Ceremony?  Since the MG is already sailing, I assume it happens with passengers onboard.  We sail on Oct. 30 and think it would be wonderful to be on the ship when this happens.  

Well, in days gone by, it is usually done when the ship comes over from Europe (for Carnival anyway).  It typically happened on a open day between sailings.  There is a ceremony with the ships Godmother and a minister and all the Carnival big whigs in attendance.  There is a couple of speeches a ceremonial (real and staged) break of champagne and the is it.  I have not heard anything on the MG event.  In the past, we have attended (in reverse order - I think anyway) Sunrise, Sunshine, Horizon, Vista, Breeze, Magic, Dream and Splendor (missing only the Panorama.  It is nice to be there.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Well, in days gone by, it is usually done when the ship comes over from Europe (for Carnival anyway).  It typically happened on a open day between sailings.  There is a ceremony with the ships Godmother and a minister and all the Carnival big whigs in attendance.  There is a couple of speeches a ceremonial (real and staged) break of champagne and the is it.  I have not heard anything on the MG event.  In the past, we have attended (in reverse order - I think anyway) Sunrise, Sunshine, Horizon, Vista, Breeze, Magic, Dream and Splendor (missing only the Panorama.  It is nice to be there.

Thanks for the input.  I would love to experience the event.  We usually let the new ship smell die down a bit before we travel.  Have heard too many issues with the first few sailings.  We don't cruise that often, so haven't even attempted an inaugural sailing.  Interested on how this pans out, we will see..... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2021 at 2:22 PM, RoperDK said:

I see posted in another thread that it is on for the cruise of Oct. 23.

On 8/23/2021 at 11:13 PM, Beebearlvr said:

Its October 23rd. So excited to be on this sailing. 

Looks like post #4 is correct.

• They say John Heald will be aboard Oct. 23 and may stay on for Oct. 30.
  • Thanks 1