Iceland Photos & Stories

TayanaLorna

For any Iceland recent or upcoming travelers.  If you wish to revisit your trip or read about it before your cruise, we have put up our Iceland Collection of photos and stories from our July 17 Sky cruise.  We did it for our FB friends and family but are making the Collection public for a couple of weeks if anyone is interested. So if you are on FB, look for Ray Slaninka and click on the lower left of the Iceland Collection.   Or try this link.

https://www.facebook.com/saved/list/10222027356645543?isCollaborativeCollection=true

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, thank you so much.  I looked at 2/3rds of your great narrative/photos last night and just finished the rest today. There is such a wealth of interesting information, and gorgeous photos of gorgeous Iceland!  I also had a chance to relive some of my adventures, as I went on some of the same excursions as you.  Thanks for posting the link!    

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 10:59 AM, TayanaLorna said:

If you wish to revisit your trip or read about it before your cruise, we have put up our Iceland Collection of photos and stories from our July 17 Sky cruise.

We were with you on this same cruise.  So sorry we couldn't meet up.  Excellent photos and port summaries.

1 hour ago, Mitina said:

We were with you on this same cruise.  So sorry we couldn't meet up.  Excellent photos and port summaries.

Thank you!  We didnt meet anyone on our roll call out of everyone with whom we chatted.  Great cruise!!

4 hours ago, philw1776 said:

OK these Iceland 3 July photos do NOT require you to have any account. Public.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/seacoast_nh/albums/72157719549944999

Phil, loved your photos.  Saw places we didnt visit.  Thank you.  Looked at your other albums.  Out of all the travel ones, i chose sailing.  Loved them.  I chuckled when i saw that really really long dinghy painter holding your inflatable on the island with the low tide.  Been there, done that.  What kind of boat?  Couldnt quite ID it.  Cape Dory?  25-28 feet?  Miss sailing.  Sold our last one 2 years ago.  Forty years sailors and boat owners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2021 at 12:48 PM, TayanaLorna said:

Okay thank you.  Working on a way to make the posts public without having a FB account.

Lorna - what a nice set of wonderful photos - and especially enjoyed the narratives!  Too bad it lists them in reverse order.  🙂 Wish we'd had time to go do these Iceland cruises since I'll bet they don't run them in the future.   You take such great photos and the scenery was breathtaking!

Kent

8 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Lorna - what a nice set of wonderful photos - and especially enjoyed the narratives!  Too bad it lists them in reverse order.  🙂 Wish we'd had time to go do   these Iceland cruises since I'll bet they don't run them in the future.   You take such great photos and the scenery was breathtaking!

Kent

Apparently the posts appear with the last written appearing first.  Blogspot does the same which is annoying.  This collection was a joint effort by both Ray and I.  He took most of the photos.  We both edit and argue over them and I do most of (and probably too much) writing.  Thank you for looking , reading and the compliments. We jumped on this cruise because we figured Viking would not do a circumnavigation of Iceland as a regular itinerary.

• Like 1