Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

1 minute ago, dominicr said:

Anyone tried to use one of these tests for a child under 12 and over 4?  The emed website says approved for kids ages 4 and up but cdc website now says rapid antigen doesn’t count for precruise test for unvaccinated.  

OMG can you give me a link for that information, I have three going next week, and was going to use the home proctored for them.

21 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

OMG can you give me a link for that information, I have three going next week, and was going to use the home proctored for them.

The royal website still says 3 days and naat/pcr or rapid antigen are accepted but wondering if that will change to that chart from the cdc 

6 minutes ago, dominicr said:

go to page 6 post 134 from Anton.  

Okay so that doesn't take affect until the 13th we are still good. I will admit I hadn't read that the unvaccinated needed an NAAT.  I don't trust those to come back in time.

9 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Okay so that doesn't take affect until the 13th we are still good. I will admit I hadn't read that the unvaccinated needed an NAAT.  I don't trust those to come back in time.

i don’t either that’s why I am stressed about it.  

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

Yes, once you order you could use them for anyone, they just need a navica account or in the case of children an managed account on the parents account, I did hear that @exm had one that was faulty so there is that but for four you have two as back up.

Glad to hear that the test kits can be used by others in my travel party.

So why is E-Med asking for name of the test takers?  I am concerned that E-Med will link the test taker's name to the test kits, and only those listed on the purchase form can use the test kits. 

4 minutes ago, PCHENG said:

So why is E-Med asking for name of the test takers?  I am concerned that E-Med will link the test taker's name to the test kits, and only those listed on the purchase form can use the test kits. 

I am not sure, it maybe that they need to complete a "Prescription" for the order.  It's basically just paper work on their part.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PCHENG said:

1 minute ago, mauraoel said:

I am not sure, it maybe that they need to complete a "Prescription" for the order.  It's basically just paper work on their part.

Yep...that is exactly what eMed pretty much told me over the phone.

On 8/23/2021 at 1:07 AM, forgotmyCCname said:

Yes! When you start to fill out the order form it allows you to list up to 3 users. We listed two and when our package came there were 3 test kits prescribed to each of us.

You cannot add or change the users after purchase .

Edited by The sea calls my name
already posted

Boosters are starting in our area.  I’m wondering if this effect anything…..my doctor said today to be sure I get mine 2 weeks before we cruise.  ( We don’t go until early November.). The DH may not qualify for his until December.  Can’t wait to see what cruising is like next year….I need a cruise to relax.  Can’t wait for that first fruity drink on board.  I may even shed a happy tear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Boosters are starting in our area.  I’m wondering if this effect anything…..my doctor said today to be sure I get mine 2 weeks before we cruise.  ( We don’t go until early November.). The DH may not qualify for his until December.  Can’t wait to see what cruising is like next year….I need a cruise to relax.  Can’t wait for that first fruity drink on board.  I may even shed a happy tear.

My husband's oncologist wanted him to have one before his treatments start after our trip, I could see that third dose done this week just confusing the port agents next weekend (since the third dose isn't required yet) so I kept the old vaccine card to present to them.  I truly don't want to deal with confusion at the port. 

And yes they completely replaced his laminated card (which they laminated) with a new one.

Edited by mauraoel

10 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

I ordered the six pack from eMed on Tuesday, it was approved on Wednesday, and the tests were delivered to my house this morning.  So pretty quick if you order early in the week, and before 6:00.  

Somewhere earlier in the thread it was quoted as a $25 cost. I just went to the eMed website and when I clicked order it said $150. I did not go any farther. Can you verify your cost?  Does it later ask about insurance?

2 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Somewhere earlier in the thread it was quoted as a $25 cost. I just went to the eMed website and when I clicked order it said $150. I did not go any farther. Can you verify your cost?  Does it later ask about insurance?

They supply 6 tests for the $150 charge so $25 each. There is no option to input insurance- these are paid out of pocket

• Like 2

I am going to hold off on buying the test kits for now.  Our cruise is not until end of November, and both my kids are not yet vaccinated.  A lot could change, for better or worse, between now and my cruise date.  The pandemic may ease allowing easier access to free testing, RCCL may adopt CDC recommendation and refuse Antigen test for the unvaccinated, vaccine for children may become available, or CSO may be suspended completely (extremely unlikely if you ask me).  I am going to wait till a month prior before deciding my next move.

Edited by PCHENG

5 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Six pack was $150 plus just under $15 for overnight shipping.  Was not asked for any insurance information.  

8 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Someone mentioned in the last few days that their insurance was willing to reimburse so you may want to contact your insurance to check with them.

1 minute ago, mauraoel said:

Someone mentioned in the last few days that their insurance was willing to reimburse so you may want to contact your insurance to check with them.

I submitted mine to my insurance before I went on vacation (8/14). I'll report back the results.

• Thanks 1