Best price guarantee form

OtherFigment

Ok, am I just a Luddite or is the best price form super annoying? I keep trying to fill it out and all the fields that say "click here to fill in" I can't actually click in! What has everyone else done? Anyone else have this issue? Do I need to print, fill out, scan, and email in? Help! We should end up with about another $600 in OBC.

I downloaded the form and tried to fill out using Acrobat Pro and like you they have improperly created the form.    The lines that say click here are not defined and can not be filled in.

As you suggested I would print it --- fill in and e-mail to the address at the bottom of the form.

I had the same issue no matter what I tried, so printed, hand wrote in the areas that would not fill, scanned, and emailed it.  It worked, and got $801 in OBC 😀 I received the automated email after I sent my email, acknowledging receipt and advising that it could take 14 business days to process and that I would be emailed.  I was not, and after a few weeks, I asked our Celebrity Vacation Planner to check. She did and boom, I immediately received a confirmation showing it (plus it now shows when I go into the Cruise Planner). So be patient up to a point, then check if you have not heard.

Curious about this --    Does the reduction in cruise fare that you are seeking a credit for have to be before final payment?   That is what I thought was the rules but sounds like this may have changed with the current cancellation rules.

BTW -  I checked the source code of the form and where it says click here there is nothing in the code to permit you to fill it in.     It's an easy fix and I can program it to open up a comment box -  just poor performance on Celebrity staff.

It's part of the Cruise With Confidence program.   After final payment you are entitled to non refundable OBC in the amount of the difference.

Many people seem to be using the old Best Price Guarantee form to submit but the FAQ gives a phone number to use.  I believe the form was there from the original guarantee pre CwC.

Here is the FAQ

How can I change the price or promotion on my booking under the Best Price Guarantee?

You may request a change in the cruise price and offer up to 48 hours prior to the departure date. You must contact your travel advisor or call Celebrity Cruises at 1-800-437-3111 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide at least 48 hours prior to sailing. You may change the price and offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the sailing. If Celebrity Cruises’ “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare after the Final Payment due date, then the difference will be provided to guests in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit for use on the guest’s cruise.  If our “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare before the Final Payment due date, the difference will be provided in a rate adjustment. Certain promotions will be excluded from the policy. A list of exclusions will be provided.

I just filled one of these out on Saturday for our fully paid October cruise.  Got a reply this morning with OBC for the $275 difference.  Also I just want to mention, someone said on CC that if your booking was done by a TA the TA has to request the OBC.  My TA was unavailable so I filled out the form and emailed it in and no issue....got my $$.  Now if they would just refund me for the cruise they canceled I would be a very happy camper....no luck with that yet.  

• Like 1