All 7 nights of menus on Mardi Gras

KmomChicago

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

WOnder which menu is gone for the Mardi Gras 6 night cruise?

I’ve been trying to find out as well! Posted here, and posted on the Carnival platinum and Diamond Facebook page. Get lots of people following, but nothing so far! Trying to figure out which night to go to Steakhouse!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bostwick girl said:

I’ve been trying to find out as well! Posted here, and posted on the Carnival platinum and Diamond Facebook page. Get lots of people following, but nothing so far! Trying to figure out which night to go to Steakhouse!

As soon as you board and the Hub app gets going (we were delayed on that slightly at embark) you should be able to see all the menus for your cruise.  Seems to me the Steakhouse did NOT sell out in advance, though I enjoyed having the free cheapo wine. . . but then again, turned out first night was also free filet night over at the Pig and Anchor Smokehouse which would have been good as well. I think you still get the wine on 2nd night but not sure. If so, and if I had to do it again, we'd do Smokehouse night one and Steakhouse night 2 for wine. 

Otherwise the only hope is a 6 night cruiser to spill the beans. . . even then, I don't know you could be certain the same menu would be omitted for all 6 nighters.

2 hours ago, winslow050 said:

That is the same menu we had on the Horizon in July and August.

Yes I hesitate to say the menus are identical across the fleet because I do believe there are some minor differences on certain ships. In general, however, once you've seen them on one ship you've got a pretty good idea of what you'll see on another. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mondello said:

@CeleBrat Here is a batch of 7 day Mardi Gras menus, you were asking for menus. Note we have to order bread now, I always enjoyed picking from the fresh basket they'd always bring out when we were seated.

I don’t see any attachments on this post or the one you posted for the 6 day menu. Probably like me, post and forget to attach, lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

I don’t see any attachments on this post or the one you posted for the 6 day menu. Probably like me, post and forget to attach, lol

Sorry, I was just trying to help @CeleBrat find the right thread, they were looking for menus and the Title was self-evident. I'm not good with cut-and -paste or anything complicated.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

Yeah, sometimes it happens as servers are overloaded and the attachments dont upload on the website. They either appear later or dont appear at all. I wonder what was the case this time 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Thank you for posting these.  I'm hoping that the food will be better than in years past.

We are not picky eaters at all, and we are usually fine with whatever they put in front of us - however, remember on this ship, at least for the current time and unspecified future, Cucina, Chibang! and Pig and Anchor Smokehouse are all included as nightly dinner options for those with YTD. 

A lot of folks are just eating at those many / most evenings, especially if they have found themselves underwhelmed by the MDR in the past.  In particular Cucina seems to be getting consistently positive reviews for the YTD crowd who wants a nice dinner without an upcharge. We only ate dinner in the MDR one time. Here's how our night time dining worked out:

1. Steakhouse (upcharge but on embark night this included a cheapo but okay bottle of wine)

2. Grazed after late SeaDay brunch, had things like Street Eats, Piazza Panini, JavaBlue grab item

3. Bonsai Sushi (5:30 pm, upcharge, was good but not tons of food) and Smokehouse 9:30 pm

4. Chibang!

5. MDR - had a tasty enough, large meaty portion of lasagna Bolognese. 

6. Cucina 

7. Cucina again

I would mention, those locations might all be fairly busy on the first night or two of the cruise but in my experience they were less than full later on - surprisingly so, especially early when dinner service starts around 5:30.  I believe there are longer waits at the popular times around 7 ish and the venues did gradually fill up a bit while we had our meals.

This was the first cruise where we didn't have our dinner at least one night in the main buffet. This is partly due to my family maturing and no longer needing to be running on the go all day and more willing to just sit down and relax for a while, but also a factor of the many, many choices. 

• Like 1

We ate at Cucina one time and did not like it at all.  Everything we all tried had a weird taste to it.  Even the meatballs had a funny taste in the sauce.  We did not go back. If you order chicken parmesean, that is all you get on your plate.  Nothing with it. It might be ok for lunch.  We ate at Chibang on the last night and they had this chocolate cake that was my best desert the whole cruise.  It might have been flourless.  It tasted very similar to their chocolate melted cake but dryer.  I want to go back just for that.  We also ate in the buffet a lot.  We found that they had plenty of choices and found some good things to eat.  There were always about 6 different entres to choose from and several vegtables and a soup.  They had ribs, fried chicken, different seafood dishes, pastas, fried vegetables, mashed potatoes.  Everything was good.  I had been worried about the smaller buffet before I went but we were happy.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting the menus - now I'm starved. I noticed some past favorites and many new items. The Seafood Tower looks interesting.

We love the Cuchina and book it at least twice on our cruises. I disagree that the food tastes "weird" or "funny". It's so much better than a chain like Olive Garden that has really bland food. Oh well, food is always very subjective to personal tastes.

• Like 1