How long before I get my refund?

lv2cruisgrl

Just wondering as this has never happened to me before, how long does it take for a refund?  Celebrity canceled our Sept 6th cruise on Summit and they sent us a email saying it would be refunded automatically.  So far nothing, but its only been a few weeks.   

Depending on the billing cycle of your credit card it can take from 45-60 days for the refund to appear on your statement.

Also depending on the volume of refunds that Celebrity is dealing with it may longer.

Our first refund at the beginning of the Pandemic was almost 90 days.

Second refund was nearly 60 days.

Currently waiting on our third refund to be completed which has currently been nearly 5 weeks. Have received a piece of the refund but not the total a amount.

Track your refund carefully as Celebrity does not refund the whole chunk at once. It is refunded by department. (Taxes, port charges, fare, gratuities etc..) 

• Like 1

I was told 30-60 days for a refund, which would have been last week.  Followed up yesterday and now it's another 7-10 days.  Celebrity is also disputing the amount that I believe I am due.

Funny how they can take your credit card and process a charge immediately...but it's weeks & weeks before they process a refund.  

• Like 2

Update:  just heard from my travel agent who spoke with Celebrity this morning.  It could take "additional weeks" to get my refund.  Process goes through their accounting department and there are many bookings ahead of me.  

• Thanks 1

We have not seen our refund yet.  It was originally promised to be received by 10 August… No joy.  So our agent started calling.  Last word was that it was now supposed to hit our credit card yesterday.   Still no luck.  I wonder if Celebrity (RCL) is having cash flow problems and is intentionally  slowing down requests for refund?   

6 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Depending on the billing cycle of your credit card it can take from 45-60 days for the refund to appear on your statement.

Also depending on the volume of refunds that Celebrity is dealing with it may longer.

Our first refund at the beginning of the Pandemic was almost 90 days.

Second refund was nearly 60 days.

Currently waiting on our third refund to be completed which has currently been nearly 5 weeks. Have received a piece of the refund but not the total a amount.

Track your refund carefully as Celebrity does not refund the whole chunk at once. It is refunded by department. (Taxes, port charges, fare, gratuities etc..) 

Good summary,  

After awhile ( 60 days) we had to file with card company to protest.

Need the cruise info etc and history of promised refund datel

They gave a temp credit and it seemed to "shake the tree".