eMed video walkthrough

It's a great concept. And I bought a pack of 6 of the tests. All of them expire in October. I'm currently trying to get a response out of eMed by email; will probably call next week if they fail to reply. And if that doesn't work, will dispute it as a fraudulent sale to my credit card company.

11 minutes ago, dswallow said:

It's a great concept. And I bought a pack of 6 of the tests. All of them expire in October. I'm currently trying to get a response out of eMed by email; will probably call next week if they fail to reply. And if that doesn't work, will dispute it as a fraudulent sale to my credit card company.

Point your phone at the QR code on the front of the box to see why you should feel better about that "expiration date".

6 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

Point your phone at the QR code on the front of the box to see why you should feel better about that "expiration date".

The QR Code on the box and on the "do not open" sleeve simply takes you to the Abbott web page with basic info and links to download the NAVICA App, and which says nothing about the expiration date.

Just now, LadyShiva said:

When the Navica app reads the QR code, you will get a pop-up that shows the extension on shelf life the FDA approved on April 6, 2021.

Google search will get you whatever confirmation you want on this.

I'm aware of the extension the FDA allowed; the tests I bought last week were manufactured in February and expire in October. Even 3 more months, if applicable to this lot, is still way below any reasonable expectation of the useful lifetime of the test kits.

2 hours ago, LadyShiva said:

Lots of questions on the HOWs of the Abbott test you can have FedEx bring to you.  Here's a very straightforward YouTube video that shows how easy it is to skip the appointments and stressing about in person testing:

What's with the weird sound effects (like the boingggg) does that really happen?

Otherwise, this is an informative and interesting video.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

I'm aware of the extension the FDA allowed; the tests I bought last week were manufactured in February and expire in October. Even 3 more months, if applicable to this lot, is still way below any reasonable expectation of the useful lifetime of the test kits.

We were going to pay $129 each for the tests, but instead we paid $150 for both of us (almost half as much) and we get to do it from the convenience of our house instead of having to go to some testing site.  We will also have a few tests left over to use, probably without video help, between now and Christmas to make sure we're safe from gatherings during that time.

It seems like a pretty good deal to me.  I understand your point, but posting it over and over on Cruise Critic isn't going to solve your problem.  Maybe you should contact eMed.  I've heard they are pretty responsive.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, tserface said:

What's with the weird sound effects (like the boingggg) does that really happen?

Otherwise, this is an informative and interesting video.  Thanks for posting.

I know the video maker blotted out some personal information with clapping and such, but I was also wondering if the mouse clicks having bongs was to make the video easier to follow along.  Instead of the usual click, the sound was accompanied by a mouse finder visual, too.

I thought the video was good enough to pass on and am glad you agree.  🙂

Edited by LadyShiva
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

I have the same with the October 15 expiration on tests I received last week.  I sent eMed a message and they responded by sending me the attachment.  So I guess I'm good to January 15, 2022.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 7.42.53 PM.png

2 hours ago, LadyShiva said:

When the Navica app reads the QR code, you will get a pop-up that shows the extension on shelf life the FDA approved on April 6, 2021.

Google search will get you whatever confirmation you want on this.

This was a great suggestion, I didn't realize they had extended.  Also, didn't know they expired so quickly and assumed they would be good for at least 12 months.  I purchased to use for a cruise in Dec and for DH in Feb.  Guess I will have to buy additional kits for DH since these will expire by January.  I found the following letter with a list of Lot Nbrs.  I have the right Part Nbr but my Lot Nbr is not listed.  Going to assume 3 months is added to the October date on the box.  Min doesn't have a sticker or anything about expiration extension.

Abbot Letter

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

I know the video maker blotted out some personal information with clapping and such, but I was also wondering if the mouse clicks having bongs was to make the video easier to follow along.  Instead of the usual click, the sound was accompanied by a mouse finder visual, too.

This is the best video I’ve seen and very easy to follow!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LadyShiva said:

I think this video is good too, but not as much fun...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I ordered the two pack and feel MUCH more relieved now.  Thank you for the video  🙂  I was going to use these as a backup to my backup but I should get them early next week and dont need them until the 7th.  I think I may just cancel my in person tests I had scheduled once these are delivered.   

https://store.optum.com/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid-social&utm_campaign=24323_UHC_OptumStore_Retargeting_Dynamic_National_05_13_21&utm_term=Dynamic_Retargeting_AllVisitors_NoPurchase&utm_content=Dynamic_Retargeting_AllProdutcs_Carousel&utm_nooverride=1&kpid=fb_cmp-23847711727210062_adg-23847711727230062_ad-23847711727150062&fbclid=IwAR3IErCkrokEkN0LtYFhxpUPJFViMdvZ3b8pltlKmRg0iP3tb862ydYQ-2g

Edited by ryano
  • Like 2