River cruise cabin selection help

Marty845

It seemed like saw more water out of the starboard side of the dining room. But I think it's really a crapshoot. With all the ships tying together, coupled with the fact we only moved one day during daylight hours, I didn't see where it would be a huge difference.

• Like 1

You will tend to spend little time in your cabin so it really doesn't matter. Most scenic sailing time it is best to be on the sun deck or lounge where you can see both sides of the river. The aft lounge is another good place to spend time. 

• Like 1

I would also say that it does not matter that much. Definitely when sailing. You sail much during the night and during the day sailing the Wachau valley you will probably enjoy it most being on the sundeck or in the lounge. You dock against the current, so depending on town you will see the river or town, that is easily found out with looking at google maps and marinetraffic.com (for checking which side of the river the blue dot is one). Admittedly, when you are on the lowest deck you may see the embankment wall. And you can be rafted with a ship on either side, i.e. first in line or second in line at the dock. In Vienna even triple is allowed so your ship may end up in the middle.

notamermaid

• Like 1