Silver Spirit - 9/3 & 9/15

DCCruiser57

An amazing e-mail we received at 3:58 PM EDT - crew will not be fully vaccinated for 14 days as of 9/3 - offer is to transfer to 9/15 cruise.  What's important is that the e-mail indicates that the 9/15 cruise itinerary has been revised to be the same as the 9/3 itinerary - we are on both legs and have not been notified that the 9/15 has been revised.  Totally unacceptable.  Also, folks flying in day of cruise have option of complimentary day 2 test offered at port by Silversea.  WOW - 6 days before our cruise SS now offers a complimentary day 2 PCR test after we have already booked 2 different PCR test to meet UK requirements because we had no guidance from SS.  Pretty sad. 

• Like 1

If you post on the Silversea Passengers Facebook group Barbara Muckerman and Mark Conroy appear to be monitoring messages and will respond to you or give you a number to call.      They have an IT issue at present.

I just found this:

"For urgent matters and guests sailing in the next 7 days, please reach us via a special email address at support.silversea@rccl.com ".

Holy moly!  I totally missed the part about the 9/15 sailing being identical to the 9/3!  I'm going on both, as well.  Now that I re-read it, I see what you mean....  This is all way weird but I'm still going...  And I, too, booked the Day 2 Covid test on my own.  I will say that the part about the itinerary change was sort of buried in the message....  

Edited by strawbs1

I just got this response from Silversea via FB messenger.  I'd written with regard to the identical itinerary for 9/3 and 9/15.  So I guess both sailings ARE happening:

I can confirm that we were in the process of making the change when we encountered the system issues. Rest assured everything is still 'a go' and we will be sending out fresh information asap (hopefully early next week). I have asked my colleagues in Miami to email you the new details once we are able to. Have a good cruise! All the best, Silversea Team

8 hours ago, strawbs1 said:

I just got this response from Silversea via FB messenger.  I'd written with regard to the identical itinerary for 9/3 and 9/15.  So I guess both sailings ARE happening:

I can confirm that we were in the process of making the change when we encountered the system issues. Rest assured everything is still 'a go' and we will be sending out fresh information asap (hopefully early next week). I have asked my colleagues in Miami to email you the new details once we are able to. Have a good cruise! All the best, Silversea Team

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on the 9/15 cruise.   I think what they are saying is the voyage isn't cancelled, so they don't have to refund guests their money.  It definitely appears to have had the itinerary changed to a British Isles cruise only.  From Facebook:

Silversea Cruises

Hi Judi, thank for your your message. The voyage on 15th September is still a Southampton return, but the itinerary has changed to be a domestic sailing rather than visiting Central Europe. A confirmation email will be sent as soon as we are back live. Best regards, Silversea Team

I'm on the 15th September cruise and haven't received a message; wouldn't have known without this site. I am not that worried and did suspect it would turn into a UK only cruise, but lack of communication IS a worry...

• Like 2

…… and no reason given for the change? Curious.. It looks a major change to me, and so major they should be offering a refund.

We are on the following one, Sept 27 Southampton to Lisbon. I only hope that one doesn’t change. If it does I will be seriously upset as a ‘round the UK’ cruise is no good to me what so ever. Especially at this time of year!

• Like 1

I now have the email. The itinerary is VERY different from the one I booked: no Torquay, Channel islands, France, Hamburg or Amsterdam. Instead it's mainly Scotland, with only Falmouth in England and Fishguard in Wales. Scottish ports are Glasgow, Edinburgh, Oban, Dundee and the islands of Stornaway and Kirkwall.

Of course as My Silversea is still down I cannot book any excursions; I assume the ones I'd booked in the cancelled ports will automatically be cancelled, and I assume my restaurant bookings will still be on there otherwise that's going to be a right nuisance!

I was offered a refund or 110% future cruise credit in the email. As I've booked baggage transfer, train and hotel the night before I've decided to go and see how it is. At least no flying is involved so only a pre boarding test.

Edited by Clodia

3 hours ago, Clodia said:

I now have the email. The itinerary is VERY different from the one I booked: no Torquay, Channel islands, France, Hamburg or Amsterdam. Instead it's mainly Scotland, with only Falmouth in England and Fishguard in Wales. Scottish ports are Glasgow, Edinburgh, Oban, Dundee and the islands of Stornaway and Kirkwall.

Of course as My Silversea is still down I cannot book any excursions; I assume the ones I'd booked in the cancelled ports will automatically be cancelled, and I assume my restaurant bookings will still be on there otherwise that's going to be a right nuisance!

I was offered a refund or 110% future cruise credit in the email. As I've booked baggage transfer, train and hotel the night before I've decided to go and see how it is. At least no flying is involved so only a pre boarding test.

Appreciate you have problems, however when our Shadow Black Sea cruise was completely changed we only got offered a refund or a miserable $800 FCC. A 110% FCC is much more valuable.